Author Topic: The Jannora Project  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Galactic-Voyager

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • nope.avi
The Jannora Project
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:07 am »
The Spore section is long dead and stuff so, Why not start here. This place is still active. ;D

I thought "Hey how about I make a Ecosystem project like Sagan 4" So I am officially sharing it with you guys. I call the planet Jannora and it lies 23.7 Light years from earth, It is a Tropical world filled with thousands of creatures. It has a advanced Civilization and its a binary planet.

System
-Ikon: The star
type: A red drawf 0.5 the size of the sun
-Ikon 2: The 2ND star
type: the same as ikon, only its 0.7 times the size of the sun
-akoon
type: a world basked in radiation, heat and light. It is tidally locked with ikon and ikon 2, making it a hell world.
atmosphere: a tiny one of 67% methane, 24% hydrogen and 9% other gasses
life: nope, the world couldn't make it before it moved closer to the star`s
description: akoon would of been a nice planet. if only it didn't move closer to the 2 star`s, because of this the planet became a living hell of a world. Filled with volcano's, canyons, craters and lakes and oceans of lava. no one will want to live here!
-kimon
type: a Gas giant 12 times the size of the earth.
atmosphere:71% hydrogen, 21% helium and the rest are just random gasses
life: tiny plant`s and small filter feeders, most life here is too small for the naked eye.
Description: Kimon is a fascinating world! Its gasses make it look like Jupiter's`s cousin, and its lifeform`s are amazing. there are currently around 10500 species on    the planet. about 10 are found living on the core! the rest spent their day`s floating in the atmosphere. All life came later during the formation of the system, making it quite young compared to Jannora.
-Finon
type: A world 2 times the size of the earth, it consists of 2 oceans and a continent, both oceans are separated by the continent that encircles the entire span of the planet.
atmosphere: 63% Nitrogen, 36% Oxygen and 1% of other gasses.
Life: Complex plants, animals, and bacteria. Even though life on Finon has been around longer than the earth no civilization has arised... yet!
description: The continent of Finon cuts the ocean in half, making the upper finon ocean and the lower finon ocean. the continent itself is called gino and the middle of gino is a massive desert.
-Jannora
type: the main planet we will be focusing on! it is 1.5x the size of the earth and has 5 continents (all separated by ocean). it is unique in the system not because of its life (as most planets have it) but because of the civilization that arised on it!
atmosphere: 65% nitrogen, 34% oxygen and 1% other gasses
Life: Complex plants, animals and bacteria. And it has a civilization growing on it!
description: the planet is beautiful, the continent`s make the world amazing and its warm temperatures is found everywhere on the planet, also the most amazing feature is that jannora isn't alone, Finon is with it as well! both planets orbit over a central point of gravity and they will do the same for all their life.the civilization has tech higher than modern day earth, much much higher. but this is achieved in the FUTURE so humanity Will be more advance by then as well.
 -Kim
type: a barren moon that was bombarbed by millions of asteroids during the formation of the Jannorian system.
atmosphere: None
Life: None
Description: Although Kim is barren, it did save jannora and finon from countless asteroids in the past, around 2000000 crators cover its surface, it is about the same size of the moon.

Evolution
Its up to YOU to shape the creatures and life forms of Jannora. But There is rules:

Rules
1. No inappropriate Animals
2. Any creature must look a bit like its ancestor (Colour, Shape, Defense and Attack etc)
3. The creature must be able to die (carnivorous, herbivorous, Nature etc)
4. Explanation of The animals reproduction is allowed BUT you cant draw How they transfer genetic Material.
5. Have fun
6. Must start from This organism:

Nauticus-Jannoran
Ancestor: None
Body plan: Yellow Jelly like blob, It has a chamber to store Genetic Material and the rest of the body is like a muscle, Able to move itself by pushing one bit at a time.
Diet: Chemosynthesis
Size: Microscopic
Description: Nauticus-Jannoran Came into Jannora from the combination of DNA, Minerals and Lightning. At the same time many other species were born from  these "freak" accidents, some even from Jannora`s Partner, Fimon or deep space. But these "Freak" life died out and Nauticus-Jannoran was left. With many niches the Nauticus-Jannoran could spread with ease. covering the world in centuries.
Reproduction: Mitosis
Habitat: Everywhere on early Jannora.
Period: Natican-Olimary
Periods
Natican
Description: The Period Before Life, spans from the planet`s birth to The creation of life.
Length: 1,000,000,000 Years
Olimary
Description: The Period when life starts. Spans from the birth of life to The great Jannoran Sulphurcation Event.
Length:Not Yet Decided
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:30:12 am by Galactic-Voyager »

"hai guys" -steve the piranha plant
"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii steeeeve" said the goomba and the koopa in a dull tone

Offline Galactic-Voyager

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • nope.avi
Re: The Jannora Project
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:20:31 am »
Ill go first:
Swamoric
Ancestor: Nauticus-Jannoran
Body plan: A triangle shaped Bacteria with "tentacles" on the bottom, the tentacles are used for swimming. It has the same colour of its ancestor.
Description: Over millions of years Nauticus-Jannoran Were happily living in the oceans of Jannora, but some evolved ways to travel faster. Eventually Swamoric evolved, its faster than its ancestor but it has the same diet and colour. The Triangle shape is to make it streamline. It hangs around deep sea vents of jannora as it found out they are full of minerals, making them great feeding ground`s.
Habitat: Deep sea Vents of Early Jannora
Period: Olimary

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:32:09 pm »
Well you seem to be very enthusiastic about this so I'll play, just so you're not alone :)
The "tentacles" are usually called flagella, by the way.

Also, are we just evolving these things however we want, or is there some kind of game to it? Like, things that will happen based on what we do? Maybe some kind of challenge?

Swamorella
Ancestor: Swamoric
Body plan: Streamlined and triangular with powerful flagella in the back to push it forward. It has absorbed a smaller Swamoric and entered a symbiotic relationship with it. The Swamoric functions as its nucleus.
Diet: absorbing smaller bacteria for nutrients
Habitat: the bottom of Jannoran oceans

Offline Galactic-Voyager

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • nope.avi
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »
Well you seem to be very enthusiastic about this so I'll play, just so you're not alone :)
The "tentacles" are usually called flagella, by the way.

Also, are we just evolving these things however we want, or is there some kind of game to it? Like, things that will happen based on what we do? Maybe some kind of challenge?

Swamorella
Ancestor: Swamoric
Body plan: Streamlined and triangular with powerful flagella in the back to push it forward. It has absorbed a smaller Swamoric and entered a symbiotic relationship with it. The Swamoric functions as its nucleus.
Diet: absorbing smaller bacteria for nutrients
Habitat: the bottom of Jannoran oceans
Why thanks  ;D
but you did forget one thing, the Description, just pointing it out!
also tell others about this, i would love this to become its own florishing project on its own!!
The aim of the game is there are "steps" which are like the generations from sagan4. there will be 5 steps each with 20 creatures and once that is done the next period will come. There i will see which creatures there are and say if they survived or not. Every once and a while there will be a mass extinction, where more creatures will die out :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:44:48 pm by Galactic-Voyager »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:33:04 pm »
Alright, well, maybe some other people will be interested :)

Offline Galactic-Voyager

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • nope.avi
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:24 am »
New creature!
Balboa
Ancestor: Nauticus-Jannoran
Body plan: Transparent colourless Spherical body with nucleus in the middle, It has millions of super tiny hairs around its body that help it swim and serves as "mouths."
Description: With the increase of competition for food, Balboa Evolved, better at soaking up minerals and chemicals from the water, it quickly spread to every part of jannora. Balboa are one of the dominant species of Jannora since their hairs help aid in eating, and also help in swimming.
Habitat: Everywhere in the Oceans of Early Jannora

Offline Vailnoff

• Pong Paddle
  • Trying to improve my art
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 03:18:02 am »
Can we include images as well?
“What is Man? Man is a noisome bacillus whom Our Heavenly Father created because he was disappointed in the monkey.”
― Mark Twain

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 10:38:00 am »
Hi there

This project has been dead for awhile now,still,you should check out the rest of the forum,we have a lively community of regulars so we welcome new users

welcome to the forums!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:30 pm »
Is it a bot, Ulti?

Poke it with the stick and see if it's a bot.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 10:46:43 pm »
It has good taste in avatars, at least.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Vailnoff

• Pong Paddle
  • Trying to improve my art
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 10:53:44 pm »
Thanks
“What is Man? Man is a noisome bacillus whom Our Heavenly Father created because he was disappointed in the monkey.”
― Mark Twain

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 06:25:27 am »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:13 am »
But you didn't poke it with the stick.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:38 pm »
I made scientific observations from afar and  determined that my results supported my hypothesis that the data I had gathered was sufficient to submit to peer review,which indicated that my data analysis had was unbiased and that the subject was indeed alive

That is to say,I determined from my results and verbal interactions with the subject that the stick poking may trigger a fight or flight response and thus I determined that such actions would be unnecessary

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 12:52:54 pm »
*pokes Ulti with the stick*

Hmm...