Author Topic: One Drawing A Day #9 - 2015 Dystopian Future Edition  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: One Drawing A Day #9 - 2015 Dystopian Future Edition
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »
no problem

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2015, 05:49:59 pm »
Excuses? Psht. I have drawing like a fiend whose butt is on fire.

I am quite proud of the ones that are slightly less than terrible.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »
good job

now dance for us
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 06:32:30 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnSc12bx5c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnSc12bx5c</a>
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:56 pm »
yes good

"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »
Wow, we're almost on One Drawing A Day #10. I can't believe it's nearly January 35th.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2015, 06:14:22 pm »
Gotta wake up at 3 AM but tomorrow (assumably the final day) will be another drawing dump for me.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2015, 05:08:34 am »
Considering doing an adventure comic on tumblr. Or maybe on here.
Tumblr has a bigger chance of getting participation though.. I guess. I dunno but I'm gonna try it out and then watch it die after ten pages.
Then I'll bring them to the forum here for you jerks to gawk at.

Just FYI.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:29:06 am by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2015, 09:27:18 am »
Sounds awesome, Gauph.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2015, 09:25:37 pm »
Well I kind of want to start a comic. I got a page done already. I'd super appreciate some feedback!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2015, 12:57:37 am »
I dig it, man. I like the sequence of panels over the larger page-sized image.
Nice attention to the details in each panel too, since they repeat and you had to hand redraw the dang things like ten times.
Was your intention that he was sitting and waiting for the alarm or did he get up? It reads like the former, and the only reason I bring this is up is sometimes people omit or forget important establishing actions like that.
I enjoy the fumbling trying to turn off the alarm clock and that hitting it in this case did not instantly work.

I don't see any really distracting tangents despite all these panel borders and everything either. It doesn't look terribly loud or hard to read and I pretty well understand where my eyes are supposed to go.

TIME FOR DUMB NITPICKS PLS DONT GET UPSET AND GO ON A BENDER

I'd say that since that's a single standard-looking mattress on the ground that the window seems a little low, unless he's in like.. a finished attic or something (why did I typo "attack" thats dumb). So if he had a frame, box spring, and then a mattress he'd be liable to roll out the window or knock his blanket out there or something.
Beds aside if one were to stand at that window you'd be standing really high above the opening. Again, I'm sure there are finished attics or houses designed this way but I have no idea.
maybe he is giant
Also in the panel where he's holding his head in his hands the tree is pretty well directly outside the window. But when the angle changes the tree appears to move to the left a little.

I guess this couldn't have been avoided considering the framing but in the head in hands panel again he's sitting maybe a foot and a half or so away from the pillow. Assuming he hadn't shimmied his butt farther away he is seated two to three feet away from the pillow as he turns the alarm off in the main panel.

So I dunno. I know this is annoying fiddly crap but it's all I can think to give you, bro. And it's not like these things were hugely blindingly obvious that they became distractions.
Otherwise it all seems fine and I'm curious to see if you're gonna take this anywhere.
The overall composition is okay. I would take it a little easy with the multiple panels thing on subsequent pages just so it doesn't get monotonous. But really just do whatever and we'll argue about that jank when you make it.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 03:29:54 am »
also bleuh

new thread soon i guess
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:35 am »
Maybe have him say something besides "****" it seems like you're just sort of trying to be edgy.

Or possibly trying to be Hugh Grant?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjixdVvkfL4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjixdVvkfL4</a>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2015, 01:43:28 pm »
Is that word edgy? At least with most of the people I know it just seems to be part of the lexicon.

And Gauph, don't worry, I'm not one for going on benders. It's awesome you took the time to nitpick, it really helps me with details I've missed. I am planning on taking this somewhere, but maybe I'll just keep posting it here to like, work on art and writing, and then if I ever get it "out there" I can especially try to pay more attention to detail.

Anyway, thank you, and more feedback would be appreciated! I'll post more stuff as I draw it!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »
Yeah, sometimes you have to cheat a bit for the sake of keeping certain details in but you can't push it too far or things become inconsistent. So when you plan out your panels and block out the major objects you have to take into account weird fiddly crap that might slow you down at first.
also the guy saying fack getting out of bed is fine its a grumble that shows he doesnt look forward to getting up or going out to do stuff today i dont know what sam is saying

I enjoy this though, helping out I mean, so I hope you get more done. It doesn't even have to be a continuation of that page even. Just try another experiment if you wanna. :0
       ~Ricky Wangstrom