Author Topic: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens  (Read 9752 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2015, 11:28:59 pm »
Okay, predictions because I'm going to head over to the theater immediately after work and won't be back on the internet.

Someone is going to be Luke or Leia's kid.  Gotta keep the Skywalker line going.  Even odds on it being Rey, Kylo, or both.  I hope Kylo is some random Vader fanboy, but I bet he ends up being related.
Han will play the role of Obi-Wan from A New Hope.  He'll be the wise elder who informs the new characters of the past, then gets killed off.
BB-8 is a double agent.
Someone says they have a bad feeling about this.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2015, 12:36:35 am »
Ink, we've got company.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2015, 03:34:10 am »
Someone on my feed seems to have casually posted a spoiler, like so casually that it doesn't seem malicious, just really dumb. He doesn't seem aware of what spoilers are?

So yeah I think I may know a big reveal. :(
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2015, 04:46:27 am »
More predictions:

Snoke is old, disfigured, or both. But he's not a gungan.
There will be as little mention of the prequels as possible.
Someone near me in the theater will have horrific bo.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »
So, after watching this movie the other day.
My current ranking for the movies is 5, 6, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, with 5 being my favorite.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:55 pm »
so is kylo hans son or not cause i think i accidentally stumbled upon that
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2015, 08:17:30 pm »
Yeah sure.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2015, 09:25:14 pm »
MAJOR SPOILERS

________  _______ ____________  ______________  _______________________ _________ _________ _________  _________ ______________ _______
_______  __________________________  __________________________________
_______________ _________ __________ __________  ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   
It's pretty good. _______________________ ______________________________________________
_____________ ____ ______________ _________________ _________________  _________________ _________________ _________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »
MAJOR SPOILERS

________  _______ ____________  ______________  _______________________ _________ _________ _________  _________ ______________ _______
_______  __________________________  __________________________________
_______________ _________ __________ __________  ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   
It's pretty good. _______________________ ______________________________________________
_____________ ____ ______________ _________________ _________________  _________________ _________________ _________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can confirm
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2015, 03:35:45 am »
Yeah so I saw it:

Better than the prequels, probably still worse than any of the originals.

Basically a remake of A New Hope. Not really a good thing.

The pacing, sweet jesus. Slow down. SLOW DOWN.

The ****ing Starkiller Base. First of all, seriously? You did it AGAIN? Secondly, a laser that clearly is going slower than light, but also hits several planets 'somewhere' at the same time instantaneously, and also the planets can be seen from where that bar is. And then the rebels just make some faces and move on. Were those planets important, or...?

I did like Kylo Ren, all the acting was great. Was disappointed they didn't do anything wild with the score whatsoever.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2015, 12:40:11 pm »
Hooray, I was looking forward to actual conversation about it.  Contains actual spoilers!

It does play very close to A New Hope,  But I don't blame them for sticking to familiar notes to ease in casual fans and jaded diehards who have been burned in the past.

Yeah, the weapon was weird.  It followed the laws of physics about as well as that Red Matter stuff from some other movie.  But the way I look at it, Kylo specifically and the First Order as a whole are a bunch of Empire fanboys, so of course they emulate the Empire that they idolize.  And I think some scenes that got cut may have explained what got blown up.  Apparently that was the new Republic Senate on a planet other than Coruscant.

Kylo is a whiny bitch, as his grandfather before him.

I'm interested to see how things go with Rey and Finn the Human.  We still don't know Rey's backstory, who lefter on Jakku, who her parents are.  I really hope she's not related to the Skywalkers.  There needs to be some force sensitives left in the galaxy not from that one family.  Finn is particularly interesting to me because he doesn't fit the established archetypes of the series.  He isn't Force sensitive or a politician, a pilot or a smuggler.  He said that he was captured as a child, but I thought I heard Phasma and a general saying something about clones.  He's easily the newest thing introduced to the movies.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2015, 01:15:28 pm »
He said that he was captured as a child, but I thought I heard Phasma and a general saying something about clones.  He's easily the newest thing introduced to the movies.

They say he was captured, yeah. And there's some quick line where they go "we should have just used clones!" or something.

And yeah. I really hope they don't all end up being related and the movies become more "Star Family Fights" than "Star Wars."

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »

I was a bit worried that Finn would be some shoehorned in character that completely ignores the lore about storm troopers mostly being clones, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up liking both Finn and Rey quite a bit, but I wouldn't want them to get romantically involved. I would much more prefer to see Rey go pure Jedi with no partners. It would also be cool if Finn turns out to be force sensitive, then we could get another Kyle Katarn kind of character going.

One thing I didn't like about this movie was that Starkiller base got completely destroyed. I would've liked it to be partially destroyed and become this planet-base floating around in pieces with the core leaking out in space or something.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:27:02 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »
That... That actually sounds really cool.

But then people would just be comparing it to the second death star.  And this way we get to see another location, wherever Snoke is hanging out.  We've got a whole galaxy to play in!  But I guess it could have functioned as a new setting if it was very obvious that things had been repurposed and gravity was all wonky.  ...I don't remember thinking about it until now, but we've never had a low or no gravity scene in Star Wars.  They should do that.