Author Topic: Any Wii Suggestions? I missed out on an entire generation of Console Gaming.  (Read 1171 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
To make a very long, sad, and uncomfortable story short, my uncle passed away about a year ago, unexpectedly.
As my family was cleaning out his home, we found an unopened Wii that we ended up taking with us.

It's kind of sat unused for a while, due to a number of issues with free time, but I'm looking to start getting games for it, and I've realized I have almost no idea where to begin. The most recent consoles I owned before this are a Gamecube I've had since I was 11 and an Xbox I've had since I was 13. Because of this, I barely followed the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii generation of console gaming at all.

So I'm looking to you all for suggestions. Any Wii games I should absolutely go out of my way to get? Open to all genres.

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Xenoblade Chronicles was quite good, as was Super Paper Mario, either of the Mario Galaxy games, Skyward Sword is something people either love or hate (I liked it), No More Heroes is cool and quirky, if you like Smash get Brawl (lots of people don't like Brawl's play style though), ummm...I'll post more if I think of any. Can we get Pat in here? He knows his Nintendo.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Most first party Nintendo games are great.

Mario Galaxy 2 is considered by some to be one of the best games ever made and it's a Wii exclusive (and really good).