Author Topic: 'One Drawing a Day' Challenge #7 (Maybe this time with more people edition?)  (Read 5479 times)

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
It's that time again! That time where we draw things. A lot of things. So many things.

I figured we'd use the same rules as last time, unless anyone wants to try anything different:
(and I am totally open to trying things different. Let me know!)

Welcome to the very first 'One Drawing A Day' Challenge.

What we want out of you is just one drawing each day for one month.

Post whatever you can come up with. That's your doodles, paintings, sketches. Whether you're using a mouse in paint, a pen tablet with photoshop, or a pencil-paper-scanner scheme. It's all good.

Pretty much the only rule is that your drawing has to have been created recently for the challenge itself. So no old stuff.

ADDENDUM: It'd be a good idea not to go nuts with the file size either. If you can't make it much smaller or sacrifice some of the image quality, post a thumbnail and link somewhere offsite for the full image.

In one month (thirty days after the challenge begins) we will count up everyone's stuff.
Those who have completed the challenge will receive a badge they can show off in their signature.

This is for practice and experience too. That's invaluable, and it goes a long way.
Experiment, challenge yourself to draw something out of your league, entertain the forum with your artistic wit.

Try not to fall too far behind. If you think you'll have problems keeping up, just try to give yourself five minutes out of the day to draw something, anything.
You may be allowed to catch up if you miss a day or two, but don't disappear for too long.

Please try to enter by at least the first week. Those that do join in a little late should post several drawings to catch yourself up to everyone else, one for each day you missed.

We aim to keep the challenges rolling. When this one ends, the next one starts up.
We might have a theme in one of the later months, possibly. We'll see how it all goes.

No sign-up necessary. Start whenever you're ready.
So get cracking, people!

EDIT: Credits to Flisch for the idea, conferring with GD and myself to come up with a solid method of bringing it to you guys.
I'm just the topic creator guy.  :-*

Officially, unless there are any objections we'll start tomorrow (June 30th) and go for roughly 30 days (July 29th). And don't worry if you start late. You can join whenever you want.

I LOOK FORWARD TO DOING MORE OF THIS.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:00:00 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
YES WE ARE STILL DOING THIS.

Day 1.
I drew whatever this is.

Future drawings will be better, probably.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile

I am posting this from my laptop instead of my ipad, which is why the file size is not gigantic and awful.

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
I've been working on my hand-eye coordination.

HA HA HA DO YOU GET IT?
Because I suck at drawing both of those things and was playing around with trying to suck less.

Also, in light of how this is going so far, here is a bonus drawing:

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
I wouldn't let that stop you. Keep going!

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
I will do it but I've been gone for a week...

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Jump in whenever you feel ready!
And indeed I will keep going!

Drew a self portrait for some reason.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Sgore this is great! Definitely keep going!!

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Thank you, Pat! Much appreciated!

You're certainly welcome to take part yourself if you'd like. As is anyone else who wants to!
If not, though, that is also okay!

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Sgore you're doing ****in awesome dude. Keep up the good work.

GRAHHHH!

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
I drew things that rhymed.

...I may have run low on time today...

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Why would you ever save something as a jpeg?

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Slinky, that's great! I oughta respond with a Catch-22 character set before the challenge is over.

Anywho, I went to one of those restaurants where they let you draw on the table:

It's... not my best figure drawing. But I'm working on it!

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
You're looking good sgore :D

Online sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Working off a posemaniacs reference tonight:

Drew somebody tiny because why not.