Author Topic: How is everybody doing?  (Read 9922 times)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
How is everybody doing?
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
Hi there, it's been a long time since the last time I signed in or posted anything. I was just wondering how everybody was doing generally. The weather in Germany is currently very sunny and warm, and life hasn't been too harsh on me this winter as well, as it wasn't particularily cold or wet this season.

Just hope all of you had a nice start in the year. Peace.

OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: How is everybody doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »
Been a rough two months but plugging on through. Thank you for asking :) The weather is getting better here and hopefully things will begin looking up again. 

Welcome back!

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:13:31 pm »
get out

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:17:50 pm »
Slinky stop being a jerk.  :(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »
Sorry Detox, glad to have you back of course. :)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8</a>
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 11:27:50 am »
I know that feel.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 02:07:06 pm »
I don't!  Maybe it would help if I grew a mustache.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:14:39 pm »
I did that once it was a terrible mistake shave your moustache save the world

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »
You reprobates still hanging out in here?

-Lego

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »
Yes indeed.

Also:

shave your moustache save the world

When Heroes comes back, I hope this is the tagline.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 02:21:42 pm »
It seems my status has elevated, but with new prospects comes new dangers it seems.

I seem to make as many enemies as I make new friends.

I'm always afraid of everything crumbling down at any minute, and everyone turning against me.

It bothers me that there are some rumors circulating about me.

Being at the university just a few days ago I happened to sit near a group of people who don't know me and talk **** about me. They made excruciating hints to the rumors, to which I responded by sending hints of my own with music lyrics heard through my headphones, and in turn they turned on their own music with their own stupid suggestions.

Full-on WAR, I'd say. And I'm exhausted. Completely exhausted.

Exhausted with responsibilities, a move, school things and everything. Exhausted of Facebook, social life and all... this... bull****, surrounding it.

Also I have a boyfriend, sorta, now, so yay? I've made new friends... all sorts of new connections. So I guess I should be happy. But I've also made so many enemies that I'm always afraid of that overshadowing all the good, so I can't concentrate on the good, really... It's like, none of these good things will ever last. Well, I guess my closest friends will, but... I dunno, I just cannot handle the fact that I need to be so insecure about new people... people who barely know me but like me because of my facebook posts or my drawings or whatever... who might turn against me when they find out I'm not all that great all the time.

That's really the hardest part, I think. Acquaintances. Are they going to listen to the people who hate me? Or will I creep them out on my own?

And who can I open to emotionally? I only meet friends at university. You can't talk about all the **** in your life there. There's a certain professional environment there and you have to keep up the appearances. Same goes with Facebook.

I'm tired of people. I feel like I'm losing it. I just need to concentrate on school, but I'm finding that hard. Damn, why can it be so hard. It's okay when I'm surrounded by people who are on my side, but when it's a mixed bag... argh...

Luckily I'm moving to a better apartment, so I can hope to get some school stuff done in the new apartment.

But I'm just so sad about the fact that some people.... I don't know. I literally don't know what they're thinking.  People who only know me distantly and who once seemed to be positive towards me may not be so anymore... if I just say a few wrong words... of if other people say a few wrong words about me.

This a terrible game I'm playing. The most terrible game ever. And I don't wanna play. The rules are all ****ty and hard to make out. I don't want to play by the rules. I just want to feel okay about my social situation in general. I just want to feel like everything's okay. But there's especially one person I can't get over... This guy is really nice but I have made the mistake of bothering him too much I think. He's avoiding me but he seems nice every time I say hello. And I am sorry... I am sorry if I'm causing trouble for this great guy. He obviously doesn't want me to feel bad either. Because he's a great, nice guy, unlike all those terrible people. But he's avoiding me... He doesn't want me to approach him, he just doesn't want me to feel bad... I wonder if that makes him feel bad also, that I feel bad about liking him... And I feel even worse thinking that me feeling bad makes him feel bad...

And then I keep checking the Facebook friends list to see if he has fallen off the list because I read that the list is ordered by who interacts with you the most. But of course, besides him interacting with me, me interacting with him causes the guy to rise up the list. So I think I may just be creating an illusion that he might check my profile. I just want to believe so much... but the worst part is he is so nice... he is always so nice with me if I do talk to him. He's married, though, so of course that affects the situation, but I don't really want anything from him. Just that he doesn't hate me... and avoid me... and that he would respect me.
Awgh... How do I ****ing to stop caring what he thinks about me.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 07:18:21 am »
I'm auditioning for a local improv team tonight! I am somewhat nervous about what the outcome of that audition will be!

I came in here to say this, and then I saw GD's post, and saw nobody ever responded to it. (Which I am terribly sorry for. You're a legit member of this community and you totally deserve support when you come here for it. I don't think it was intentional on anyone's part to let it go, I imagine we all just got caught up with personal life things or didn't see it, but again, I apologize.)

It seems my status has elevated, but with new prospects comes new dangers it seems.

I seem to make as many enemies as I make new friends.

I'm always afraid of everything crumbling down at any minute, and everyone turning against me.

[...]

That's really the hardest part, I think. Acquaintances. Are they going to listen to the people who hate me? Or will I creep them out on my own?

And who can I open to emotionally? I only meet friends at university. You can't talk about all the **** in your life there. There's a certain professional environment there and you have to keep up the appearances. Same goes with Facebook.

I'm tired of people. I feel like I'm losing it. I just need to concentrate on school, but I'm finding that hard. Damn, why can it be so hard. It's okay when I'm surrounded by people who are on my side, but when it's a mixed bag... argh...

Luckily I'm moving to a better apartment, so I can hope to get some school stuff done in the new apartment.

But I'm just so sad about the fact that some people.... I don't know. I literally don't know what they're thinking.  People who only know me distantly and who once seemed to be positive towards me may not be so anymore... if I just say a few wrong words... of if other people say a few wrong words about me.

[...]

This a terrible game I'm playing. The most terrible game ever. And I don't wanna play. The rules are all ****ty and hard to make out. I don't want to play by the rules. I just want to feel okay about my social situation in general. I just want to feel like everything's okay. But there's especially one person I can't get over... This guy is really nice but I have made the mistake of bothering him too much I think. He's avoiding me but he seems nice every time I say hello. And I am sorry... I am sorry if I'm causing trouble for this great guy. He obviously doesn't want me to feel bad either. Because he's a great, nice guy, unlike all those terrible people. But he's avoiding me... He doesn't want me to approach him, he just doesn't want me to feel bad... I wonder if that makes him feel bad also, that I feel bad about liking him... And I feel even worse thinking that me feeling bad makes him feel bad...

If it's any consolation, I went through almost the exact same sort of situation for a time in school.

Whenever I would commit what I believed was some kind of social faux pas around a friend, I began to get really paranoid they regularly found me an annoyance. I would start avoiding them. I'd check for them to come online on facebook, but I would be to afraid to actually start a conversation in case I would be annoying them.

I'd desperately look for something clever, witty, or interesting, to say when they were around, and stay near silent because I'd reject nearly every thought I had before it became public. There was a whole group of people who for weeks I was terrified of talking to, yet simultaneously feared had very strongly negative opinions about me. It made me sick inside.

I was finally able to snap myself out of it after some time. I found myself in the middle of a hallway, feeling particularly awful, and I just knew it wasn't right. I told myself I had to trust my friends. Even if it turned out my every fear was true, even all of it turned out to be justified, there was so little actual information to go on, and believing every mental social chess game was against my favor wasn't providing me any sort of protection. I took a deep breath. I pulled back on whatever mental armor I thought was keeping me safe, and I just let myself trust people not to be thinking awful things about me, even if I knew it would leave me vulnerable, even if it might end up embarrassing me.

It ended up improving my sense of self-worth like crazy, and made it a lot easy to connect with people.

I can't speak to your situation specifically, because I don't know it as well as you. I can only hope things work out for you. You're always a wonderful presence here, and you absolutely deserve to be in a good place.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR AUDITION!!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »
Yeah, hope to hear good things but if not nbd you're funny I've seen it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.