Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: Game Thread  (Read 9102 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:18 am »
Borishin The Covetous - Turn 2
Summary
Power Available: 9
Actions taken:
  • Taking - [Shape Climate, 2 cost]
  • Fossilized Forest - [Shape Climate, 2 cost]
Power Remaining: 5
Running Bonus: +2

Actions
Taking
With another swipe of his shears yet more land crumbles into loose sand and dust.

The Fossilized Forest
Fascinated by this 'life' the other gods have begun toying with, Borishin settles in to watch it for a time.  In the passing of thousands of beats of the Godheart, he notes the fragility of the vegetation.  Wet, it rots and crumbles.  Dry, it cracks and splinters.  In enough time, even a perfectly tended tree falls.

Life, he muses, is interesting, but disappointingly fleeting.  Recalling the barely changing nature of the earth, attempts to pour his stolen essence into the forest as he did the sea, but finds it resistant, the two natures at odds with each other, and must use his needle to bind them properly.  The resulting stretch of forest is as living stone, slow to grow but sturdy and long lived.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:51:02 am by Neoadept »
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »
The Throok - Turn 2
Summary
Power Available: 11
Actions taken:
  • The Fractal Range - [Shape Land, 3 cost]
  • Plants are nice, I'll have some of those - [Shape Climate x3, 6 cost]
Power Remaining: 2

Actions
The Fractal Range
Though The Throok was pleased with the mountain range formed so far, it's shape felt... incomplete.   So The Throok reached out to the same point with the Fractal Tool.  Mountains reared up from the ground and reached south until they circled in on themselves. They formed a regular pattern with the tallest mountains at the point of origin, decreasing in size until they were imperceptible.  From the core of the mountain range, a river broke forth and flowed down to the mud plains in an arching pattern. The mountain range was now even more pleasing to The Throok.

Plants are nice, I'll have some of those
The Throok had watched the development of plants with great interest.  At first glance their growth appeared irregular and chaotic.  But on closer inspection, their growth followed set patterns and principles, similar to those constantly at work in the Fractal tool.  And so The Throok sampled the forests to the north and the algae sea to the south, mixed them together, and reached out to the headwaters of the new river.  On the north bank rose a forest, and along the south bank grass, moss and light ferns sprouted.  They followed the river and arched out along the coast.  In the center the woodlands and grasslands mixed together, and what had been the barren mud flats became a lush, overgrown swamp.  With so much life, so many complex patterns to observe, The Throok was as pleased as it had ever been.

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 11:24:37 pm »
Zel the Soulsmith - Turn 2
Summary
Power Available: 18
Actions taken:
  • Consult the God-Eater - [Journey, 0]
Power Remaining: [18]
Running Bonus: [+0]

Actions
Consult the God-Eater
When the gods began to drag their might across the newborn world, Zel watched in awe from the badlands, where reality was indistinct and the World's edge fluttered in the void. He saw them rip apart its stony surface and hurl it into great spires or the sea itself, leaving shifting sands behind. He saw them create life, flooding the pale rock and seas with greens and blues known to none of the old spirits.

But that which he noticed most of all was arrival of an oblivion-born consciousness, as it split the void and came to touch the World. The life this One cast about its garden was more beautiful and more complex than anything else in this young place. He rested his perception upon the isle and was riveted by what he saw: the consciousness was not as he, but made of the materials of the world. He watched through the lens of reality as this soul-bearing god (it must be a god?) partook of material fruits and looked upon its creation with eyes.

In the gardens of the Godheart Emperor, Zel appeared, his visage that of a wisp of distorted space and light, rolling like ball lightning from the edge of reality. No blade of grass was disturbed by his arrival, for it was silent to all but those who could comprehend things from beyond the World. And to this four-armed consciousness Zel reached out.

"Here where you stand, you have created life most complex, basking in the glow of the Godheart which gave me being. But when you fell from the Void you were soul, and now you are both soul and World. Tell me, can one take of the World and forge souls anew, as I was born of the shattered remains of old gods?"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 06:50:30 am »
The Dawn of the Third Era of the Age of Land

Power Points (rolled value in bold):
Brandon (Zel the Soulsmith) - 5 +18 = 23
Inkling (The Throok) - 6 +2 +2 = 10
Marty (Lod the Builder) - 4 +1 = 9
Neo (Borishin The Covetous) - 6 +5 +2  = 13
Pat  (The God Eater) - 9 +2 +2 = 13
Sam (The Ternion) - 8 +1 = 9
Tesla (Eua and Uea) - 11 +1 +1 = 13
Wizard (Vex the Author) - 6 +15 = 21

Fate - 13

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:03:56 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 09:11:33 am »
The God Eater - Turn 3
Summary
Power Available: [13]
Actions taken:
  • Okay, one more! Last time, I swear. - [Shape Climate, 2 cost]
  • Show and Tell - [Create Avatar,  10 cost]
Power Remaining: 1
Running Bonus: +3

Actions
Okay, one more! Last time, I swear.
Another burst of energy radiated outward from the God Eater and settled onto the island making its climate even more lush. Almost super-alive, the plants on the island began to radiate their own form of the Godheart's energy. The power of preservation started to leech into the island's soil and the process of aging ground to a halt. At least as long as the island retained its power, living things like plants and creatures would pause their march toward old age and death, but they had to remain on the island to enjoy such benefits.

Show and Tell
Yet despite this new found wealth, something strange was happening. There was another presence nearby and the God Eater turned to face it. It was a shimmering... something, another god for certain. The God Eater listened to its question and paused for a moment. Would it be wise to divulge such secrets? Or was the God Eater just trying to figure out how to avoid saying it had no idea how it did what it did? It responded to Zel.

A traveler from the void! I have not been there in some time. You've asked me how I became a part of the world, and in truth I can only say so much. I have no way of knowing exactly how it was done, it was simply something I willed into being. Our kind seem to posses this ability, too. I think... I've seen others and some have joined the world while others remain as you are. Though now you have gotten me to think, making oneself can't be too hard. But making another being entirely... one that is able to reason like us, rather than just function. The Tools we carry are not so different, so you may be able to do as I do. Though I cannot say that what I am about to do will even work...

The Staff of Soul Dominion appeared in the God Eater's hands and a pale light radiated from it. Beneath its surface the strange words and letters began to swirl about, crisscrossing and forming strands and knots. The light enveloped the God Eater and its body rose off of the ground slightly. As Zel watched, the God Eater's essence was torn from the four-armed body, which immediately fell dead to the ground. The God Eater had rejoined the void and its presence swirled around that of Zel the Soulsmith, penetrating its being and seeing what there was to see.

Oh my! Oh my!! You have some interesting secrets, don't you? Two of us with power over souls... our works could be great. But first, let's see if this can even be done.

The Staff of Soul Dominion began to glow once more as it tapped into the immense energies stored within the island's foliage. Their power swirled through the air and settled over the four-armed corpse on the ground. Its eyes snapped open and it frantically drew breath before beginning to cough uncontrollably. The body, now inhabited by something, rolled about for hours as its many aspects tried to orient themselves in the physical world.

This is good. It is part of the world and appears to have life, though it is a life of its own, not one of the gods. What could this mean for us, Zel? We must look into this further...

As the God Eater spoke its voice became faint to Zel, as if it was being pulled away. Sure enough, the trees around Zel began to groan and the plants shimmered as something unseen tapped their immense energies. Their pale energy was pulled into the Staff of Soul Dominion and the God Eater began to reform, starting with a single, giant hand that gripped the Staff tightly. The new form stood roughly fifteen feet tall. Much like Sam. Worldly strength poured into the empty vessel that was taking shape. Lastly, the God Eater's presence slipped into its new body. Three bright yellow eyes set into a dog-like head slowly opened and the God Eater looked around.

Yes it seems as if one of our kind must simply will itself into the world. Try it, Zel! Look at me, I made myself another form. If you fail, you can presumably try again later. In the meanwhile, I will tend to this new creation of mine. Look, it already walks!! Who knows what else this thing can do.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:33:03 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 08:57:24 pm »
The Throok - Turn 3
Summary
Power Available: 10
Actions taken:
  • Spread the Green - [Shape Climate x3, 6 cost]
  • Spark of Life - [Create Animate Life, 1 cost]
Power Remaining: 3

Actions
Spread the Green
The Throok greatly enjoyed watching the plant life grow, and desired more of it.  And so the forests spread north to the mountains and coast, and the grasslands spread south.  These lands were pleasing, but The Throok began to feel that there was untapped potential.

Spark of Life
The Throok had observed from afar as the God Eater had taken physical form, abandoned it, then drew life into the form.  The idea of a physical form seemed too constricting.  But the creation of this animate, physical life was captivating, so The Throok sought to create similar results by another method.

The Throok sampled life from all the regions across the great belt of green now growing on the side of the World.  At a small pool of water high on the tallest peak at the core of the Fractal Range, The Throok drew in close, for this would be precise work.  Elements from the many biomes were added to the pool and The Throok agitated the waters with the Fractal Tool.  These forms of life were combined, fractured, broken down and remixed over and over while The Throok poured into the pool the goal to seek Energy, to Grow, and to Multiply.  With a flash of light and a whiff of pungent fumes, a new form of life was created.  Little, squishy, light purple blobs scurried about in the pool.  There on the tallest peak, where the Throok had now poured out power three times, this new Animate Life grew and diversified rapidly.  Some kept to the water and swam downstream, some crawled on to land, some burrowed into the earth and stone.  They changed color and size, grew limbs, sensory organs, and defenses.

The Throok loved this new creation.  With so many sources of energy in the World, there were countless paths of progression for this Life.  The other gods exerting their influence in the World might sample this new Life, as the plants had been sampled to create it.  The Throok hoped they would.  With so many outside forces and variables to consider, the possibilities were staggering.  The Throok copied the sample for this Proto-Life and drew back from the Mountain of Life and the World.   The Throok called out with glee to the host of spirits at its command.  Together they would watch and observe the spread of this Life.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:13:30 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:41 am »
The Ternion - Turn 3
Summary
Power Available: 9
Actions taken:
  • Cloverfields - [Shape Climate x2, 4 cost]
  • Forests of Stone - [Shape Climate x2, 4 cost]

Actions
Cloverfields
The Ternion cast itself to the other side of the continent, and beheld the workings the other gods. Their work was imperfect and the Ternion was uneasy, but to work against them directly would be folly. Spying the fractal workings of the Throok, the Ternion was pleased, for within the fractal patterns of the plants which grew and the teeming mobile life there were harmonious triplicate patterns. The Ternion took up his Tool and used it to plough the stone near the fractal mountains, then gathered up many seeds and planted them there, where they sprouted into great waving fields of three-leaved plants.

Forests of Stone
The Ternion was also impressed by the petrified forest of the Covetous. Such slow-growing trees were easily controlled, and the Ternion planted many near the deserts and rivers it had previously made. This region would not be troubled by the chaos of the quicker forms of life.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:31:16 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »
Eua and Uea - Turn 3
Summary
Power Available: 13
Actions taken:
  • Fields of Flowers - [Shape Climate x5, 10 cost]
  • Deepen Lake - [Shape Land, 3 cost]
Power Remaining: 0

Actions
Fields of Flowers
Uea, wiser than her sister, takes time to examine the works of the other Gods before interfering with the World. Examining the lush flowers of the God Eater's island, she decides that such beauty and colour should not be restricted to so small a space. With a sweep of her hand, the entire northeastern landmass takes bloom with untamed wildflowers growing shoulder high. In the soft wind, the entire subcontinent seems to sway back and forth. The new life soon takes to the fertile and sweet-smelling meadows.

Deepen Lake
The flowers don't stop at the land, however. The floors of the many lakes soon throb with a diversity of seaweed and coral. Curious about this new form of life, Uea encourages their proliferation by pushing the floor of the deepest lake down, until it is three times its former depth. What new life will flourish in these unseen depths, where no light can reach?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:05:23 pm by Spooky Tesla »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 11:56:25 am »
Zel the Soulsmith - Turn 3
Summary
Power Available: 23
Actions taken:
  • Awaken the Zoel - [Create Race, 22 cost]
Running Bonus: +1

Actions
Awaken the Zoel
Captivated by the silver-tongued God Eater's words and given purpose by his knowledge, Zel dove into the lake below the eden above the World, and upon the shore of the stony forest he rose out of the water. Into corporeal existence he cracked his Orb of Souls with a crinkling pop - a glass bauble filled with a cyclone of brilliant golden light. He cast it into the water with the force of a thunderbolt, sending a shockwave through the air as it collided with the water in a brilliant explosion of white. Moments passed, and Zel watched on, as its own one hand at first, then two, pulled the form of the first mortal out of the water. It had the shape of the man, with skin the color of granite and eyes of glass. It opened its eyes and looked upon its hands, then up upon its creator. Zel gave him language that he might understand his words.

"I am Zel, and you are the first of my children. I have brought you here from the nothing, and with you I make this covenant: so long as your people keep my name in their prayers, their souls shall never return to oblivion." He paused. "What is your name?"

The first mortal soul rose from the sand and looked into the soul that had created his. He looked across the shore, where the eyes of his people opened one by one with the waves lapping at their sides.

"I am Zol," said the First, in a voice like a crystallophone, "and we are the Zoel."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 12:18:14 pm »
The Dawn of the Fourth Era of the Age of Land

Power Points (rolled value in bold):
Brandon (Zel the Soulsmith) - 2 +1 +1 = 4
Inkling (The Throok) - 6 +3 +3 = 12
Marty (Lod the Builder) - 5 +9 = 14
Neo (Borishin The Covetous) - 11 +13  = 24
Pat  (The God Eater) - 10 +1 +3= 14
Sam (The Ternion) - 5 +1 +2 = 8
Tesla (Eua and Uea) - 9 +3 = 12
Wizard (Vex the Author) - 7 +21 = 28

Fate - 9

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 12:23:52 pm »
The Ternion - Turn 4
Summary
Power Available: 8
Actions taken:
  • Sculpt Titans - [1/3 of Create Race, 8 cost]

Actions
Sculpt Titans
Heedless of the Soulsmith's creation on the other side of the world, the Ternion cast itself about the lifeless area of rock, mud and sand to the East. These three elements he gathered together into three great bodies, six limbed and three-eyed, for he had observed the God Eater assume such a form and it was pleasing. Three times the height of a mountain, these Titans stood for an age, unmoving and unchanging. Such purity of form pleased the Ternion, but when it looked in pride upon its three creations it felt a strange feeling of yearning, as though they were yet unfinished...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:35:29 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 01:07:56 pm »
Borishin - Turn 4
Summary
Power Available: 24
Actions taken:
  • Meddle with the Zoel - [Mischief is freeeeeeeee]
  • Steal Lifeforce - [Shape Climate x2, 4 cost]
  • Imbue Titans - [1/3 Create Race, 7 cost]
Power Remaining: 13
Running Bonus: 0

Actions
Meddle with the Zoel
Always fascinated by the works of other gods, Borishin descends amongst the Zoel.  Unseen, for he is without form, and unfelt, for he is without substance, he watches them.

This 'language' of theirs is enthralling!  Only shapes on the wind, yet there is meaning, purpose!  Dancing, growing, spinning, dying, often slowing, never stopping, coming apart only to be rejoined.  These noises are as life itself!

So delighted, he decided that he must have the secret of it.  A slice of his shears tore language away from one of their number, and a stitch of his needle rebound it to himself.  Struck deaf and dumb, the poor creature only had a moment to reflect on its misfortune before another slice cut its life from its form and it crumpled to the ground.

Borishin was never one to leave something of interest unclaimed, and the body had seemed almost as fascinating as the language.  Only now it it seemed no more useful than a heap of rotting plant-flesh.  Simmering, he cut more carefully at a second Zoel, but that too fell into a useless heap.

By the time he grew frustrated and left, there were a dozen dead without a mark upon them.

Steal Lifeforce
Enraged at being denied his desire, he swept over the sea of slime, tearing mountains of animating power away from it at a single swing.  The rotting sea left in his wake would prove inhospitable to all but the most persistent scavengers.

Imbue Titans
If I cannot take them, he simmered, I shall have my own.

Finding Ternion's Titans, he found their form pleasing and poured the lifeforce of the entire sea into their stone forms, affixing it with his needle.

Though they moved and lived, there was none of purpose that had filled the Zoel.  Borishin was displeased, but resigned to the predicament.

Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 12:50:42 am »
The God Eater - Turn 4
Summary
Power Available: [14]
Actions taken:
  • Nobody leaves... THE ISLAND - [exposition, no cost]
  • We have to make you less dumb - [Command Avatar, 2 cost]
  • And I guess we have to give you something to do... - [Command Avatar, 2 cost]
  • Interactive Sightseeing Tour!![Shape Climate x4, 8 cost]
Power Remaining: 2

Actions
Nobody leaves... THE ISLAND
But then the God Eater decided to leave the island and look around elsewhere. So it did.

We have to make you less dumb.
However, not before the God Eater spent some quality time with its old body to make sure it was okay. It seemed to function as well as the God Eater had inside the four-armed, three-eyed skin. The avatar could pick things up, throw them around, and even do more complex things like climbing trees and swimming. But it wasn't like the gods, at least not as far as the God Eater could tell. The avatar seemed... dumb. It didn't communicate or even seem interested in such things. In fact it didn't do much of anything at all unless it was told to. This was strange. And so, standing before its avatar, the God Eater raised the Staff of Soul Dominion high into the air and commanded the dumb creature to be smart.

A pale light glimmered within the Staff and the avatar was struck by some unseen force. Its eyes went wide and the God Eater cocked its head.

You alright?? Can you hear me? Hello!?

The avatar, being as much a part of its master as anything else on the island, wheeled around and faced its creator with a look of shock.

"I... you..." the avatar sputtered out its first words, trying to gain a grasp of the things that had begun buzzing in its head "You didn't make me any food to eat. I don't eat souls."

The God Eater looked on.

And I guess we have to give you something to do....
That was something that the God Eater hadn't even considered.

You don't eat souls?? What do you eat then?

"I don't know. That's your job to figure out, isn't it?"

The God Eater frowned its first frown since existence began. If this thing didn't eat souls, what could it eat? The God Eater raised its Staff once more and tried to think of something.

"Stop please!!" the avatar cried out, "Maybe you should let me figure this out, rather than just making me do something. This may be my purpose. Or, I dunno... I feel like you should stick to more... uh... godly things. Leave the mortal stuff to me, I'll report back to you. Sound good?"

Y-yeah. That sounds like a good idea. Yes! Of course!! My child, go forth and explore! Find what you may and do as you please, but do not do so at the expense of the others that are here. Especially the one known as Zel. That one was kind to us here on the island.

"Of course, my lord." the avatar spoke softly and quickly. "By the way, you may call me whatever you desire, but I feel like a Desi. I think I will have others call me by that name."

Giving a bow, Desi the avatar turned and headed off into the dense jungle to search for whatever was there to be found. Going in the opposite direction, the God Eater began to wade out into the sea to do much the same.

Interactive Sightseeing Tour!!
As the God Eater reached the southern boundaries of the tiny inland sea, it noticed a wide expanse of nothingness. Far off in the distance the God Eater could see other creations, but they were islands in a fog with no clear path to reach them. This had to be fixed. The God Eater tried to remember the places it had been. It had spent some time down in a stone forest and up on top of some nice mountains. There was even one place filled with clover! The God Eater remembered once when its island was also covered in similar clover... those were good days. And sand, that was something else! The God Eater had seen some of it on the shores of its island but this was a whole sea of sand!

But this sand, while amazing, seemed to lack the spark that other things had. It seemed at odds with the God Eater's lush jungle, possibly even a threat to it. Water, on the other hand would put a quick end to whatever ideas the sand had. And plants loved water! Maybe a barrier of between the sea and the desert was in order. The plants would feed off of the water from the sea and stay strong against an assault from the desert. Thinking it over, the God Eater pictured the plants it had seen and tried to choose a strong one that would make a suitable barrier.

"Ah... excuse me? Master?" Desi's voice chirped up from behind God Eater. The god was scared, or maybe just startled, at the sudden appearance of its minion. "Try this one. It's one of the strongest plants on the island. It has a hard body and many strong leaves, and it can grow both tall and deep. Perfect for holding fast against sand and desert.

You have done well, young one! And how sneaky you are, I did not even notice you there...

Having been a part of the world longer than just about any of the gods, the God Eater was already beginning to wonder about just how far non-gods could advance. Desi was very perceptive and was now even offering advice to her creator. Was this a good thing? Perhaps intelligence needed to be kept in check. And if a creation did become too smart, was it right to take that gift away? Surely these non-god beings were not able to stand up against a god, but the thought had already begun to creep into the back of the God Eater's mind. Desi, meanwhile, had already wandered off and was a small dot in the distance by the time God Eater spotted her.

Pushing any strange thoughts aside, God Eater went about building a barrier to protect the inland sea from threats.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:50:25 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 11:11:31 am »
Eua and Uea - Turn 4
Summary
Power Available: [12]
Actions taken:
  • Animate Titans - [1/3 Create Race, 7 cost]
  • Desertification is a Big Deal, Guys. - [Shape Climate, 2 cost]
Power Remaining: 3

Actions
Animate Titans
While Uea finished her work on the grasslands to the north, Eua drew back to look over the world. Already a wide assortment of biomes were appearing, an exciting new world full of potential for mischief. (And opportunities to piss off her sister.) As she celebrated, however, a sense of dread grew at the back of her mind, a feeling that not all was right. She looked across the land for the source of this discomfort and saw that her algae sea in the southwest was browning. Great waves of heavy brown sludge sloughed onto the beaches, and the air was full with the scent of death.

This wasn't natural - she could feel how the life had been cruelly cut away. Not just the life, her life. She felt this part of herself still stirring, far to the east where the air was hot and the ground dead.

First, she came to the mesas she had created in her youth. Her life was there, lost and wearing sand. For many years she watched it drag its titanic feet across the dunes, twisting its head toward the sun and flinching away again. And again. For eons she watched as it sank beneath the sand and pulled itself up again as if drowning.

Next, she went north, where she was also wearing rock. This one slept, entire rocky forests thriving on its back. Occasionally it would turn over or shake them off only for them to return. Like stone it was inert, unchanging. When it yawned, the world shook.

Finally, she came to the muddy swamps in the east. Here she was again, wearing mud and water. This was the most active of the three. It flowed beneath the rivers, carrying stones downstream and depositing them upon vast pebbly beaches on the shore. When it was done, it would pull itself from the water and lumber back to the mountains, only to repeat the process. It never balked from its duty, and even as the tides carried the beaches away it would simply start again.

Not finished. She thought. Without purpose.

But they were a part of her, and so they would always be without their own will. Eventually children must leave their parents and forge their own paths. She cut the tie, and the titans eyes lit up with true understanding.

Without purpose, sand is nothing, subject to the whim of the breeze. But sand can bury cities, and level forests.

Without purpose, rock is nothing, heavy and stubborn. But rock is strong and steadfast, and composes the world.

Without purpose, mud is nothing, the water washes it away. But mud brings life, and moulds the land.

Preserve the Grasslands

As the wind and water push the desert further north, Uea begins to grow worried for her new grassland. She pushes seeds deep into the soil between them, and they take root, forming a thick and humid jungle full of bright flowers and poisonous fauna.

That should do the trick.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:33:59 pm by Spooky Tesla »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 03:11:09 pm »
Zel the Soulsmith - Turn 4
Summary
Power Available: 4
Actions taken:
  • Found Dodeazodel - [Command Order, 4 cost]

Actions
The City of the Ancient Covenant

For many beats of the Godheart, Zel watched over the World's natal life. It blossomed and grew - rivers carving the desert and mountains moving in the east.

His essence returned to the Zoel, where in the sides of the great mountains by the lake they had begun to carve out their homes, and was struck dumb in rage at what he beheld. Two pairs thrice numbered of his people lied motionless in the sands. With the rising tide, the lake that was their mother lapped helplessly at their dead bodies. Their skin, cracked and dry, began to erode, and their glass eyes were fractured and all but turned to stone. They held no souls.

All of the bodies lied as if struck dead in mid-stride, save one. His lifeless hands clutched the sides of his head, and he lied in the sand on his back, his neck craned to peer into the Godheart. Zel was naught but guilt and anger.  As the brothers and sisters of the fallen began to gather at the cliff side and look upon death - a sleep without end they had not known - Zel rose out of the sand as a cyclone of fire and glass.

"Children," roared the flame, "I have not forgotten my covenant to you."

He looked into the eyes of Zol, the firstmade, and Zol could feel his gaze.

"Here in this mountainside you will build a temple city called Dodeazodel. The souls of your brothers are now lost in the World, ripped from form but isolated from my realm. In this temple they shall one day speak again, hear again, see again, and love again. "

The whirlwind of fire died away, leaving a man that looked as Zol did but was made all of glass that did not bend or break.

"And children," he sang in their language, "in this temple you will find Eternity."

The glass figure turned to dust and fell apart in the breeze.

So there on the shore and in the shadow of the mountain, a holy city was carved out of the rock. In its center, a great chamber with twelve sides was carved out, with a pedestal altar in the center. One night, when no Zoel was there to see, a glass bauble appeared on the pedestal. Unbreakable and unmovable, it glowed faintly. Though they knew it not, any of Zel's fallen peoples' souls would find refuge in this orb henceforth, but the Twelve had been cast to the wind.

So Zel rose above the World, and began to seek them out.

I didn't put city text intentionally. The city is marked with a 3 pixel red cross until we can figure out how to standardize them on the map.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:17:53 pm by Brandonazz »