Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: Tabula Rasa  (Read 15435 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Tabula Rasa
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 07:35:52 pm »
-The Throok-

As the other gods cast about for Tools and interacted with each other, the Throok came upon one Tool in particular, a constantly shifting shape of infinite fractal detail.  Unlike some other Tools, this one did not seem at first to have any useful purpose, but the Throok was thoroughly captivated by observing its constantly shifting patterns and detail.  The Throok was content to observe this fractal shape, and mostly withdrew from the company of the other gods.

As other gods formed the World and prepared to form the Godheart, the Throok returned to their company to observe this new creation.  Another god saw the fractal Tool for the first time and coveted it greatly.  This god demanded that the Throok surrender the Tool, then attempted to take it by force.  The Throok was filled with anger, and when they came into contact, the other god broke apart, and continued to splinter until it separated down into the smallest fractions possible.  As this god-dust began to stream toward the Godheart, the Throok had compassion and reached out with the Tool again.  The god-dust reformed into a host of spirits who, pledged their allegiance to the Throok rather than to be cast into the Godheart.

Realizing that the fractal Tool had the power to bring complexity or simplicity, to fracture or unite, the Throok was now eager to see what effects it would have on the empty canvas of the World.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 09:06:14 pm »
I was talking to Pat on steam about this. The Godheart isn't conscious he's just playing an opportunistic god who's sort of jumped the gun and declared it belongs to him on the basis of nothing. Also the only hierarchy seems to be that this guy has a following of lesser spirits and such.

Yes sir!

The God Eater is a bit of a jackass... well, a total jackass.  He calls himself Godheart and hates the name "God Eater", so I imagine his coworkers will remain professional and not use names that Godheart does not approve of. It upsets him, after all. He's very sensitive about things like that.

I hope to play him as a guy that, you know, he'll say he owns this and that and the other. And he may even be able to back up a few of those claims. But he's not good with thinking ahead. So, he has his following of beings derived from the fragments of old gods. Dude hasn't even thought about who is in charge of the the souls of dead non-gods. I'm sure he'll probably try to lay claim to them, but that's something he can't possibly do (and he knows that, too - or he will when the time comes).

So if you're worried about me claiming all this ****, don't be. This guy is only going to be as big an oaf as you allow me to play him as. If you guys start assuming he's gonna claim all this stuff and also have a legitimate claim to them... well, hey, if you leave me an opening, I'll take it. You got my drift? ;)

He's a classic opportunistic type. Give him an inch and he'll think he's a ruler. Keep him on a leash and he'll probably play along because he respects people that respect themselves. Wimps of the world better beware!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 07:45:09 am »
-The World-

(Roughly 50,000,000km2, or about the landmass of Eurasia.)

The wind roars across vast plains of smooth white stone, bounded by unmoving oceans of salt water. There are no trees, no mountains, no clouds. Little for the eye to focus on. This is the World just moments after its creation. The Gods, in one of their myriad debates on the form of the World, declared the Sea and the Land divided by the Coast. As a means to settle the argument on the form this Coast should take, it was decided that it would be essentially random, so no God would have a hand in carving the Land. (Be thankful, the Coast could have been kilometer long letters spelling out names of the more audacious Gods, or worse.)

The World is infinite, but venture too far in any one direction and you'll cross into the badlands, deserts of nothingness where life withers and dies, where universal and eventually even mathematical constants begin to break down.

Standing in the Centre (a sacred place, where magical energy crackles and roils in the air), the Godheart appears directly above, as though it were always midday in high Summer. Toward the edges it gets cooler, and far into the badlands it drops below freezing. Over the year, the Godheart breathes. During Winter, the World stretches slightly, pulling space further from the warmth of the Godheart. During Summer, space contracts, warming the land. At night, the Starlines ripple across the Sky, seeming to stretch to the horizon all around.

The World belongs to no one God.

EDIT - Please avoid using anti-aliasing when drawing on the map, and save your image as a PNG. (Also we prefer imgur for image hosting.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:20:34 am by Spooky Tesla »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:28:22 am »
Game thread is up. Let WORLDBUILDING commence!

(but make sure you read the rules, houserules and other stuff before you start guys)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:43:57 am »
The diameter of the world is just over twice the distance from New York to LA!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
Oh neat! Fate is more or less what I was gonna use my character for.

So I guess I don't have to play now?

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »
-Lod The Builder-

Lod was among the earliest Gods to take up a Tool of his own.  After an eternity exploring the void, Lod marveled at the infinite possibilities which now lay before him.  Lod cast his Tool across the nothing that surrounded him, and wondered as it reformed into matter and energy.

After doing this forever, word reached Lod of a great project.  A great knot called World was spoken of and again Lod marveled at the potential such a construct could hold.  And so Lod found it, and along side countless other gods, drew it into existence, and Lod was proud of what they had achieved.  And as other gods came to covet that which they had made, Lod stood firm against them and defended that which he called his own.

As the time of conflict ended, Lod looked back to the World only to see how it had unraveled over time.  And so Lod again sought to protect his creation and again struck out against others of his kind, aiding in the construction of the Godheart.  And as the Godheart warmed the World, Lod looked down upon that which he had helped create, the blank canvas that was the World.  And Lod once again marveled at the infinite possibilities which now lay before him.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:01:30 pm by martyk »
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:57 pm »
I know the limit has been reached, but I'll throw my hat in the ring if anyone drops out.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 01:12:22 pm »
-Eua and Uea-

The twin daughters of A, who was rent in two during the early battles of the Gods. Eua and Uea have never been on good terms. Uea the Unseen prefers to remain in the background, quietly manipulating those around her and meditating on the state of the World. Eua the Seen is fierce and headstrong, with a mischievous streak. However they are still simply aspects of one God, and are never far apart.

Their predecessor, A, was a God who coveted beauty, and wished to hide it away only for himself. This obsession has been obscured but not destroyed in his daughters, who aim to carve out a private notch of World for themselves.

Unlike many Gods, unlike even her own sister, Eua takes pleasure in entering the World herself, albeit only to cause mischief and partake in Worldy delights.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »
You guys should let Jos in. He's good at this stuff.

And I'm only half a player now anyway because I'll be working so much.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »
Because **** scale.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »
Keep in mind that our turns take place over centuries, there are Gods who help our races grow, and for each race, what we call their lands is probably still divided up into several lesser kingdoms which we won't talk about. The scale works out.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 07:48:15 pm »
I know the limit has been reached, but I'll throw my hat in the ring if anyone drops out.
I'll be second in reserve.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:51 am »
Vex the Author

Vex was the curious being that sought out other gods to learn of his peers. Among his lessons, he found the most despised Tool of all. It left trails through the chaos of the early explorations of the other gods. Logic could be gleaned from these trails, paths that lead other gods through timelessness to the knot of the World. Within this tapestry, his instrument reached its full potential.

Vex waits for the amazing, he seeks the story of glory and fame. The senseless play of the other gods could not create anything of that nature, and the draw of the World was a natural one. Possibilities could be explored, and beings with needs and desires could exist. Among those billions and billions of possibilities, something notable may occur.

Upon the fabric of time, he dipped his instrument into a starline and left a trail of understanding, "In the beginning..."