Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: Tabula Rasa  (Read 15098 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Tabula Rasa
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04:04 am »
Zel the Soulsmith

In the swirling chaos of the void, the tumultuous emptiness of godbourne thought and will, Zel at first did not exist. Many gods clashed and cast their Tools about the Void, twisting it up and shattering the lesser consciousness to pieces or to dust. Some of this dust became the spirits of the void, while those fragments twisted beyond order became the demons.

As the consciousnesses of the gods turned toward their new World, though, fragments of the fallen began to descend upon and collide with that knot in the nothing.

And upon the old gods' Godheart fell many a glimmering fragment and whirlwinds of the dust of the old. Born as it was of the wills of the gods and the cornerstone of all which exists, the Godheart consumed and united the shattered remains of the legions of those beings who had returned to oblivion. In its shining center, A soul was forged. A new mind came into being: Zel. All around he saw the spiraling half-conscious spirits and demons - and pitied them, for they lacked the gods' souls. Like an old one made dust, they were doomed to the oblivion from which Zel had just been born.

In the singular forge of the Godheart, Zel tore from his own being a fragment of his soul and crafted it into a mighty Tool, an orb of souls. In his greed, Zel made haste to imbue, from the Godheart, his tool with the power of creation of the immutable mind that brought his own self into being. The Godheart, unthinking but born of minds, punished and cast Zel away to the edges of the World, among the demons and spirits and fragments of gods. From his exile on the edge between the Void and the World, Zel seeks to make his soul whole again, and to cast into being immortal souls that might be spared oblivion.

EDIT: If anyone wants me to rewrite this due to Godheart stuff, lemme know. Also, I'm funneling this game's info into a wiki. I'll drop the link once it's more presentable and not just some wikified copypasta.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:08:20 am by Brandonazz »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 04:10:48 am »
Groovy.
Quote from: Steam Chat
Brandonazz: you can skip my first turn
Brandonazz: and just gimme the rollover

Time for round 2.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:41:06 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04:04 pm »
I will be waiting this turn as well, so skip me this turn if you please.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 07:28:25 am »
Pat not sure why you used shape climate twice just to put a jungle on that miniscule pecker island.

Could have just bought it once and saved 2 points.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 07:30:18 am »
While we're at it, there was no need to charge yourself a point for the "take physical form" thing.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »
I've been doing this since the last game.

I'll burn points on basic actions so that I can take more liberties in what I describe in the written portion. Additionally, in the text for the change climate move, I mentioned that the God Eater wanted to use more power than last time... which it did.

Besides, what the heck do you care if I spend more points than I need to? I'm trying to keep my point expenditures in line with the extent of my character's actions because you would also complain to me for not using enough points on an action that I describe as strong. :P

And if you're worried about me spending points to stay below the cap for running bonus, don't be. Even if I hadn't burned those points, I still would have had the bonus. So again, don't care!

Don't sow chaos into one of our own games again because we can't not complain and nitpick about what the other players are doing. I mean seriously, we kinda do that a lot. Keep it real, yo. ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:27:31 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »
I just take it to mean that he "up-tier'd" his island's lushness with each climate change. That would make it two levels more lush than the plains to the north and the mud flats.

And all those pixels on that one tiny spot! It'd be like if the Isle of Man had the collective plant biodiversity and climate of central Africa.

Every time an area's climate gets beneficially enhanced, I like to think of it as moving up the scale in this image. (source)
Deserts and mountains would be a tick down.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:37:21 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:06 pm »
Just you wait! :D

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 12:30:09 am »
http://dawn-of-worlds-tabula-rasa.wikia.com/wiki/Main

Some of the copypasted stuff needs the formatting removed to make the text white. Otherwise feel free to mess around on this if you want.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 05:10:16 am »
I just take it to mean that he "up-tier'd" his island's lushness with each climate change.

Ok but just so long as everyone knows that they can just plop down jungle straight away without paying extra for it. If we all decided to pay six points per square to make jungles then filling up the map would take forever.

Also Pat you're sounding a bit paranoid. I wasn't trying to nitpick, I was wondering why you were intentionally limiting what you could do and assumed maybe its because you were unfamiliar with the rules of the game (since last time we all played we didn't do the land phase because it was a continuation of a previous game). Do whatever you want.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 06:22:17 am »
Man, Pat, relax. I just wanted to save you some points.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:39 am »
Neo since you had five points left over your running bonus should be 0, not +2. Your power point total this turn will reflect that.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:48 am »
Also Pat you're sounding a bit paranoid.

Man, Pat, relax. I just wanted to save you some points.

Please don't mistake my pushing back at you for paranoia or overreaction. I just needed you guys to understand that I hate the both of you deeply.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 09:25:13 am »
You can practically taste it

Maybe I should stop licking the monitor...
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 09:27:06 am »
It's so doge.  :o