Author Topic: Soylent  (Read 18570 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Soylent
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 06:36:38 pm »

Pik, you never told us you were a dinosaur.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »
Ha
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:49 pm »
I would take some fiber supplements with this if I were you.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »
Fibre is part of it.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 08:28:15 am »
But if you... drink that, wouldn't your jaws atrophy. Or am I thinking in cartoon physics again?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:57 am »
Just talk a lot to compensate.

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »
Well good luck Pik, just be careful.  I'd guess drastic changes in diet could mess you up, especially switching to an all liquid diet like this.

i'm tired of food, and everything associated with it, producing it, acquiring it, storing it... i would rather down a vanailla-tasting shake than make decisions on what to eat and preparing meals, 3x every day

I really don't understand this sentiment at all.

right, so today the steps to obtain nutrition would be something like... going to the grocery store, choosing food, transporting it, storing it, cooking/preparing it

future foodstuffs will decrease the steps required for us to perform to get the same nutritional end result

would you even need a fridge, a microwave, dishwasher if the efficacy of powdered food surpasses that of conventional food?  what kind of change would happen to society?  i am tired of the impact food has on society today, the amount of effort focused on it

first world problems huh?  complaining about such easy access to food...

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 04:02:36 pm »
Well, I don't know about you, but I like food.  And I like having some variety to my diet.  If you like this concept then have fun with it, but I can't imagine it catching on in a society changing way like what you're describing.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 03:33:00 am »
Yeah I've read I, Robot. Best series of logical puzzles disguised as short stories I've ever read  ;)

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:01 am »
Well, I don't know about you, but I like food.  And I like having some variety to my diet.  If you like this concept then have fun with it, but I can't imagine it catching on in a society changing way like what you're describing.

i think it will become successful after some initial shock, drink shops offering this stuff will probably be a popular choice at first (many might prefer trying it this route), fast food places might try to cash in, some spin-off* might be created soon as well, eventually they might be available in bags from retail stores

*there is actually a custom-blend community within the soylent website that posts their ingredients/nutritient profile/daily price.  you can even order all the ingredients in 1 click with amazon, some offer vegan/bulking/dieting blends but most i've seen are just cheaper soylent alternatives.  it is interesting that these cheaper DIY soylent blends are being sold from the soylent website without soylent even earning anything

also received an email update, they start shipping in around 1 month.  i read the blog, a huge amount of comments are about the latest blends inclusion of sucralose and vanillin, it says the amount added is to mask the vitamin mix without affecting flavor

many are enraged that it no longer strictly contains nutrients because of these additives, i don't understand why anyone would want to go through the trouble of adding flavor and masking the vitamin mix for every single serving

so much drama

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:32 am »
Pro-Flavour Vs Anti-Flavour

The Skub of our times.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 11:00:34 am »
Tread carefully, Sam, your statement could be taken as heretical.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 11:25:54 am »
Yeah Sam.

Your transgressions against Skub have been cataloged and we have not forgotten what you said. Skub is the way and the light.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEnJfZ9joY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEnJfZ9joY</a>
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »
Pretty sure some Asian countries just do that
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.