Author Topic: Broseidon Quest - A Superhero Narrative Decision Game  (Read 17462 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Broseidon Quest - A Superhero Narrative Decision Game
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2011, 09:29:41 am »
Panic mindlessly into your headset.

Done.

Loudly proclaim that you have broken free, then turn invisible.  When a goon comes to check on you, he'll never see the swift kick to the goon-nads coming.

You do this. Someone comes and opens the door. Its you, and Retcon is with you, that handsome alien rogue.

"Stop fooling around past me" you say. I mean future you says that. To past you, which from your perspective is present you. Which is you.
"Montage accelerated you about two hours ahead from your perspective" explains Retcon. "according to future you here we rope you in to help take out Retro's time machine. It won't stop their plot but barring more timeline shifts it will make things less confusing and stop them groundhogging their plan to iron out all the kinks.
"I, I think I saw Zeitgeist die." you say.
"Eh, probably. It happens sometimes. He just lets an chronodouble take over. We'll have a funeral later." says Retcon in a blazé fashion. Must be his emotionless alien upbringing on Mars: 2112.

You follow yourself and Retcon towards the research facility. Making sure to remember the way to go so when you become your future self you can do what you're doing. Predestination paradoxes make it pretty easy to be a competant guy, except when they don't.

What do you do?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2011, 04:34:34 pm »
Ask him the story behind his name.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »
You ask Retcon the origin of his name.

"Boop boop beep boo bap boo vadda vwrt"

Oh yeah, you forgot for a second that he's a robot and was built without a proper voice synthesiser. Zeitgeist can understand him but you're damned if you can make any sense out of those modem noises.

"Haha, you said it Ret" says you from the future.

Great, now you're being overshadowed by YOURSELF. Will you ever get any breaks?

You reach the research facility. Retcon's chronometron is detecting a great deal of temporal distortion from behind the heavy blast doors. It would be wise to proceed carefully.

What do you do?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.