Author Topic: WOW?  (Read 7156 times)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: WOW?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 12:16:57 am »
I want to get WOW as well but 1st i need more shifts at work so i can afford to keep playing it.

But then you'll have even less time to play WoW! It's like a paradigim!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 01:28:23 pm »
I signed up, but when I get to the WoW screen, it gives me two payment options. I don't see any sign-up-free crap anywhere. Does anyone know any other site to get the trial from?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 02:00:28 am »
you still have to enter your credit card details, so 'just in case' you decide to keep playing, your details are already there.

basically, no credit card, no play

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 08:17:34 am »
I know that, but what I'm saying is that you HAVE to pay money for fileplanet. Your statement that you do not have to pay to use fileplanet was, as far as I can tell, incorrect (And I looked all around the site. It let me sign up for free, but I can't download anything). I want to know if there are any other sites where I can download the free trial without having to pay to use the service.

Offline Djfinny

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 11:19:35 am »
but what I'm saying is that you HAVE to pay money for fileplanet. Your statement that you do not have to pay to use fileplanet was, as far as I can tell, incorrect

Nope, as recently as a few weeks ago when I played the D&D Stormwind On-line beta "stress test" (which lasted a week untill Dec 17th) I downloaded it from Fileplanet for free. I will say that Fileplanet does cleverly nagvigate downloaders toward the Premium (paid=no wait) option. It is a little trickly to find and I had to back out a few times before I finally found the free download option (and thus began my 4 hour wait in line for my 5 hour download to start.....) If I were you, I'd would check again very carefully and find the free download option - it is there.

As a past WoW subscriber, meaning I bought the game and played/paid for about 7 months - I pose this question. If you download the trail version or installed it with a PC Gamer demo DVD - when the trial is over, do you still have to purchase the $50 dollar game or do you just have to pay for the monthly fees to continue playing?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 03:50:39 pm »
I see it now. The free servers are cleverly positioned under mounds of pay servers. Thanks for the tip, Djfinny.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 07:15:01 pm »
The wife and I started playing WoW about a month ago and we both got hooked on it. When you factor in the time we play is taking away from things like going out to dinner and catching a movie, we are actually saving money.
-Lego

Offline shikaeshi

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 02:29:17 am »
The wife and I started playing WoW about a month ago and we both got hooked on it. When you factor in the time we play is taking away from things like going out to dinner and catching a movie, we are actually saving money.
-Lego

You are a very lucky man !!!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 06:43:47 pm »
Can you sign up to fileplanet for free and if so how do u do it?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 10:54:48 am »
Go to fileplanet.com, find a game you want to download, click the red button on the right that says "Subscribe." You will find a page that tries to sell you a paying membership, just hit the No box. Then fill out your info.

In order to get to the free downloads, you have to look UNDER the paid servers. It's not as obvious as it sounds.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 07:53:51 pm »
Cool might try downloading this WOW demo thingy on a free server or what ever test it out see how it runs on my machine and also see if i enjoy playing it that much.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 09:14:43 pm »
Ok new problem I signed up and everything tried clicking one of the free servers I had to download the Downaload manager I did that now when the download manager opens after a while the download mamnager freezes and the thing is even after trying to close it in Program mamaner the program wont actully close. To close it i have to reboot in any case I'm not getting anywhere if anyone knows what going on can you help me?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 10:28:49 pm »
Use firefox if you're not already. IE ain't got notin' on firefox!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 11:09:20 pm »
Actully I am using Mozilla.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 06:25:48 pm »
Use firefox if you're not already. IE ain't got notin' on firefox!

Except for a whole bunch of browser games that don't work at all on Firefox.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.