Author Topic: What Do You Want To Know More About Yuu?  (Read 11651 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
What Do You Want To Know More About Yuu?
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »
I thought now's as good a time as any other.

I know there's been some ambiguity about my precise position on certain things since, like, forever. And my personal problems certainly didn't help the issue. Anyways, yeah, just going out here to clarify that I am, in fact, what one would call a conservative Christian, especially by the standards of today. Specifically, I'm a member of the Church of Christ.

Which specific things do I hold a conservative view on in particular (as well as which seemingly conservative policies that I disagree with), feel free to ask. And I know it's kind of obscure to folks outside of Asia, at least for now, so, uh, feel free to ask me any questions about it too as well as how I fit into it. I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Do note that I'm by no means an official minister, so I may not be able to answer everything instantly, and might sometimes defer to an actual minister. But if you want to check the source directly, feel free to ask our dedicated inquiry team, or even drop by, physically or via phone call, at one of our places. Possessing a sizable diasporic population in 6 continents and 112 nations and territories, there's bound to be at least one place that's just a car drive, or at least a domestic call, away.  :)

Did I mention we have cookies? No, really, we do! ... well, sometimes at least. Other times it's something else, like sandwiches, or pizza, or baked mac; it depends on if some kind of public study event is being held or not, though, since the ministry's available basically 24/7, you're bound to stumble into one, especially in the afternoon or weekends. If not, we'll always be glad to get you some snacks.  ;)

Mmm, snacks.

Wait, wait, where was I again?

Oh, right.

Well, there you go.

I'd love to keep this civil, though I am aware that some questions are hard to phrase into a non-accusatory way. Still, it would be much appreciated.

So, yeah.

Anything you'd like to know or get some clarification about Yuu?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Want To Know More About Yuu?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:07:45 pm »
Did Yuu think it would be a good idea to make his first post in over a year of inactivity on the forum be an advertisement for his Church?

;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »
What's your favorite movie?

Did you know there's such a thing as dessert soup? Like, that is actually a thing?

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses, or Abe Vigoda?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:01:45 pm »
Hottest girl you banged?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
1. Why did you pick the name "Yuu" as your forum name?

2. Are you a "Brony"? If so why?

3.  Do you wish there was a "YuuTube" ?

4. Have you ever eaten mac and blue cheese? If not, why?

5. What is your favorite pizza?

6.  How many languages to do you speak?

7. Pirates or Ninjas?

8. What do you think of Spore?

9. Do you believe in Bigfoot?

10. What's the square root of 42?

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 09:14:06 pm »

Disregard all the other questions. This is the most important question to Hydro ever. MAKE IT A GOOD ANSWER.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »
I'll let you answer these before I start asking more.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 03:00:19 am »
Did Yuu think it would be a good idea to make his first post in over a year of inactivity on the forum be an advertisement for his Church?

;)

It's a good way to quickly delineate my stance on things and where I am on the US-style political axis, as well as open discussion if anyone ever wishes to go that way.

What's your favorite movie?

Man, that's a hard one.

Battlefield Earth?

Hmm, as far as sagas are concerned, probably the recent Narnia movie adaptations. Prince of Egypt too, the animated one.

Did you know there's such a thing as dessert soup? Like, that is actually a thing?

Wait, what?

Why was I not aware of this?  :o

Well, we do have this, though. And I could seriously drink just that all day and be okay with it, that's how good it is. As long as it's warm, of course. It kind of sucks when it's cold.

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses, or Abe Vigoda?

I think I'll take my chances with the ducks.

Plus, I could probably capture some of them and get the new species named after me or something.

Hottest girl you banged?

Unfortunately (fortunately?), romantic relationships aren't quite my thing.

Never really saw the benefits of it outweighing the hassle involved, at least in my case, so far.

I had several chances to pursue a relationship, but none of them really took to me as legitimately worth it.  :/

1. Why did you pick the name "Yuu" as your forum name?

Yuu is the name of an old character of mine, whose name is in turn derived from this fine gentleman.  :)

2. Are you a "Brony"? If so why?

*raises hoof*

Yep.

Because, ponies.

On a serious note, for the same reason I like other well written shows. Plus, their world is so deceptively adorable that, for a moment, you tend to forget that the average resident is physically as capable as a 40k Spess Mehreen, and that the planet their living on is Catachan-lite, with some minor Chaos lords here and there. It honestly wouldn't be out of place in DnD, sans pastel colors.

3.  Do you wish there was a "YuuTube" ?

Technically, it does exist... but it's just some obscure channel on Youtube.

4. Have you ever eaten mac and blue cheese? If not, why?

Mac, yes.

Blue cheese, nope. Too strong for me. More of a mozzarella guy myself.

5. What is your favorite pizza?

Hawaiian.

6.  How many languages to do you speak?

In order of proficiency, Filipino, English, and Tagalog.

I know some stock Japanese words and phrases from surprise! surprise! anime, and to a lesser extent, my parents who worked for over a decade in Saipan.

I also know some Spanish words and phrases, since Filipino is partly Spanish.

That's about it.

7. Pirates or Ninjas?

Ninja pirate robot monkey clown bandito werewolf zombies!

Disregard all the other questions. This is the most important question to Hydro ever. MAKE IT A GOOD ANSWER.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4</a>

Nah...  :P

I mean, it's not what we originally wanted, and they kind of dropped the ball on the "making it simpler" part (the supposed complexity of the tools was actually what drove most people to want to get it, removing it kind of screwed over people's long-term loyalty), but for what it was sans hype, it was actually pretty good.

I like it as it is, I really do (well, with BetterSpore at least, so I could tone down those frickin' pirate raids and eco disasters), but the lack of new stuff to do (in no small part to Galactic Adventures not working on any of my systems, ever, for some unknown reason) caused it to eventually fall down on my list of priorities. It also didn't help that my time was diverted to honing my lineart skills, getting into 3D sketching, as well as that little thing cooking up at dA.

Still, there's one thing I could definitely say about Spore: It didn't fail as hard as the latest installment of a certain other Maxis franchise. Please don't kill me...  ;)

Well, I guess there's always Thrive, though it's still way far off and out there.  :)

9. Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Bigfoot in particular, not much.

Undiscovered big apes in general, I find plausible. Still, it depends on the region. The Amazon or the Himalayas, or somewhere barely scoured like that, yeah.

10. What's the square root of 42?

6.480~

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 09:15:44 am »
What is your stance on Updog?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 09:23:52 am »
Picard or Kirk?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 09:24:13 am »
do you have normal feet?

would you upload a photo of your feet
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 09:41:32 am »
It's a good way to quickly delineate my stance on things and where I am on the US-style political axis

I'm not clear on it. Please indicate on this graph exactly how much you love Freedom.

Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:56:32 am »
It's a good way to quickly delineate my stance on things and where I am on the US-style political axis

I'm not clear on it. Please indicate on this graph exactly how much you love Freedom.

BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM! BURNING AMERICAN JUSTICE!

That chart seems kind of... odd.  :D

In any case, more or less in the far, far, far right on that scale.

On the US 2D Political Graph, we're pretty supportive of political and economic freedom, but not to the point of libertarianism. We're also quite supportive of people's social freedoms, as long as it doesn't interfere with the freedoms of someone else, ie. we wholeheartedly support contraception, but abortion, not so much.

Inside our church, though, we're vastly more unified in our policies. The moment we joined, we understood that we gotta look out for each other and put the welfare and safety of the brotherhood above our own. If someone inside really, really, really doesn't want to follow group policy, they're quite free to leave, of course.

Picard or Kirk?

Pikirk, distant relative of Tuvix.

do you have normal feet?

would you upload a photo of your feet

I have normal feet, but not really in the mood to upload them. Sorry.  :'(

What is your stance on Updog?

Oh Yuu!   ;D

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 11:35:58 am »
That chart was dumb.

So what have you been up to since you've been gone from the forum?  What brought you back?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
So what have you been up to since you've been gone from the forum?

http://kosmosischronicles.deviantart.com/

What brought you back?

I was brought here by humans who wished to pay me tribute!

I've always been lurking here since I stopped posting. One day I was rummaging through the Spore subsections and remembered that Kishmond just came back from his overseas trip. I recalled his old thread about him letting folks ask him questions. Then, that's when the idea popped into my head. So, I guess it was on a whim.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:00:27 pm by Yuu »