Author Topic: What Do You Want To Know More About Yuu?  (Read 11846 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: What Do You Want To Know More About Yuu?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 01:49:41 am »
Thanks for all the replies Yuu. I have some more questions ...

1. Do you like speculative evolution? If so which do you like better Future Evolution, Paleo Evolution or Xenobiology?

2. Mario or Fafa?

3.  What is your favorite type of Sushi?

4. Do you like Legos? If so which type/theme is your favorite?

5. Have you heard of Starbound? If so what do you think of it?

6. Have you ever been to Hawaii? If so which island(s)?

7. If Dolphins were "uplifted" would you try to teach them about Christianity?

8. Have you ever eaten Durian fruit? If so how would you describe the taste?

9. If you had a time machine "when" would you go?

10. When do you think the first human will set foot on Mars?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 04:41:46 am »
That's really cool!

Thanks.  :)

Thanks for all the replies Yuu. I have some more questions ...

1. Do you like speculative evolution? If so which do you like better Future Evolution, Paleo Evolution or Xenobiology?

Yep.

Future Evolution the book? I haven't seen it personally, but sounds cool. If it's Future Evolution in general, yeah, it's pretty interesting to see how various animals fare as time passes.

Paleo Evolution, eh, not much. Unicorns and uber sloths are pretty badass, though.

Xenobiology? Nope. Don't like it, not at all.  ;) Seriously, though, it's pretty neat to see how alternative biochemistry and environmental conditions affect things like technology, culture, etc.

2. Mario or Fafa?

Mario.

3.  What is your favorite type of Sushi?

California Rolls. Preferably with mango instead of avocado.  :)

4. Do you like Legos? If so which type/theme is your favorite?

Not Legos, Lego pieces/toys/sets. Sorry for the nitpick, it's been nagging on my head.   :-[

I love Lego products. The Sci-Fi sets in particular, though, not necessarily the Star Wars ones. While my first experience with it was with the formula 1/truck set, the space sets were what really hooked me in.

Sad to say I had to leave them behind in Manila, though, since I could only bring so many things when I came to the US. If I had, like, a ton of spare cash though? I wouldn't mind splurging some on making a Lego city, or more likely, a Lego space fleet.  :D

5. Have you heard of Starbound? If so what do you think of it?

Looks pretty sweet. From what I know of it, it looks like a sci-fi version of Terraria, which is awesome.

6. Have you ever been to Hawaii? If so which island(s)?

Never been to Hawaii. Love to go there, though, if I get the chance.

7. If Dolphins were "uplifted" would you try to teach them about Christianity?

Depends on how they were uplifted.

If they were implanted with human brain components or turned into human/cetacean hybrids, they're practically human so it should count.

If their brains were modified without integrating any human components, they're basically out of Christianity's reach. Christianity is the act of creating a new human in the form of the head/messiah and the body/church, emphasis on human. Essentially, dolphins can't be Christians for the same reason angels/demons can't. Either they'll gain sentience but still lack a moral compass like one of those genuinely all-logical species in sci-fi, or they'll get their own savior.

8. Have you ever eaten Durian fruit? If so how would you describe the taste?

Yep. Not much a fan of it, though, since I like jackfruit infinitely more.  :)

As far as texture and taste is concerned, it's pretty okay, if a bit rough (sandy?) and with an odd aftertaste. Makes my mouth feel dry whenever I eat it, which probably adds to why I prefer jackfruit more.

9. If you had a time machine "when" would you go?

Assuming I don't get arrested by the time police, and that it includes some reasonable form of protection against wildlife and the elements...

Depends.

If it's a closed time-loop, I check if I will make any profit / change for the better out of it. If so, use it to gather data regarding ancient events and reveal it to the present. If that's not destined, I'll just explore, I guess, probably disguise myself as some odd hermit with some suspiciously advanced medical and hygiene knowhow.

If it's a branching yu- must... resist urge... to make puns *ahem* universe, probably use it to go to the future and get some tech from there. I then become a benevolent precursor to some old civs by using said tech.

10. When do you think the first human will set foot on Mars?

Depends on if we keep our current rate of space development, or if we accelerate or slow down. For simplicity's sake, let's assume current rates.

If it's a one-way trip the people want, we could probably have someone up there in a couple decades.

If a return trip is included, it's gonna take a while, probably the latter part of the century. We'd have actual orbital industries, not just a relatively simple ISS, before a manned Mars mission becomes a somewhat reasonable endeavor.

Really, there's a lot of factors.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27:51 am »
Hey, I didn't know you had moved to the US.  Why'd you move?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »
Hey, I didn't know you had moved to the US.  Why'd you move?

It's all around a lot better here in Washington State, I guess.

Better weather (I love the cold, heat not so much), better air (Seattle has fog, Manila has smog), better job market, better law enforcement in general, among others.

Plus, my parents work and live here, while my bro lives in America's Hat Canada.  :)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »
I remember you talking about your old country being corrupt, but I don't remember what was corrupt about it.  So what was it?  The cops being jerks?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 03:48:17 pm »
I remember you talking about your old country being corrupt, but I don't remember what was corrupt about it. So what was it?

A lot.

Though, with the current direction, it's getting less severe, but not by much.

The cops being jerks?

Understatement.

I'm not saying there's no paragons there, but even most seemingly pure characters have connections to stuff like drugs, nepotism, piracy, or some other shady thing.

Seattle has the same problem, but even it isn't as bad as back there.

If only the push for statehood was taken seriously back then...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 03:58:20 pm »
Good luck finding a country where nepotism doesn't exist :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »
He could try Sealand.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »
Sealand: "Home of the Free, Lan- er.. um"     *looks at water*

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »
what is your stance on mpreg
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 10:29:42 pm »
Good luck finding a country where nepotism doesn't exist :P

There's a difference between "corruption in the government" and "corruption -is- the government". If a president can get impeached for something as tame as Watergate, then it's still not as bad as the Philippines.

If America has kidney tumors, then the Philippines already has metastasis in every organ.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 09:29:42 am »
Watergate is a Tuesday now.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 11:47:08 am »
Watergate is a Tuesday now.

While everyone in the US was raging about Watergate, people in the Philippines were dealing with more serious internal issues such as suspension of Habeus Corpus and outright mass executions.

Pat, no matter how hard you paint it, the US will always be a far better place than the Philippines, as far as politics is concerned.

Come back when the US president finally tries something as gutsy as kidnapping, torturing, raping, and killing vocal college students, and then promoting the goons that did it, and all of them coming out scott free. Did I mention that one of the mayors there actually have back hoes for the express purpose of burying the bodies of competitors, convoys included?

I dunno about you, Pat, but I'd rather live here than there. I have the advantage of having personally seen both worlds with my own personal senses to make a reasonable judgment.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 02:04:12 pm »
All I said was that Watergate was business as usual by today's standards, which reflects a worsening state of politics and discourse in the US. It's not a pissing contest about who lives in or comes from a worse place or a better place. You didn't live here your whole life so you can't speak on the change that I've seen over my life, just like I can't speak on the situation in the place you are from. We both have a different perspective that we bring to the table.

But I'm not too keen on the idea of you implying that I need to be quiet about the problems I see in the US, or be grateful to have what I have just because it's worse in other places. I know it is worse in other places, don't insult my intelligence. And I am happy for the things I do have, I try to be aware of my privilege ever day. However, that it is worse in other places is what gives me the information to gauge how things are getting worse here. And I always want there to be a place where things are good for people, that is why I complain and fight.

I am sincerely happy that you were able to escape your situation and come to a better place. That is awesome for you and I want nothing but the best for you in the future. But that doesn't mean we can sit idly by and allow a bastion of freedom and choice to be slowly chipped away at by forces that hope the public won't notice over time. That is unacceptable.

**EDIT**
Heck, now that you're here you could be a valuable ally in these kinds of fights to keep what we have. You know what it's like to be without and to come from a place that is corrupt like in our nightmares. Consider the opportunity!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:06:52 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 02:28:42 pm »
I wasn't saying the US is utopia nor was I implying I'm alright with what's happening here. It's just that so many times has the situation of the Phils been downplayed for the sake of image, which isn't bad in itself (image), but the fact that they have to heavily distort the picture... I mean, it's not the DRC, but it's not the land of hospitable natives either.

One of my pet peeves, pardon me.