Author Topic: I don't know if a game like that exists....  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know if a game like that exists....
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 10:18:56 pm »
I played the demo of Republic. It seemed cool, but I can see why it got bad reviews: it plays more like a board game than a computer game. It's quite slow and methodical, nothing about it is particularly spectacular (which is a feeling video games try to capture much more than board games ;)) except for the depth it seemed to have. It's also really menu-intensive, in a pretty bad way... but the game's not designed to be rapid-paced to begin with, so whatever :D. Still, when I read this topic I instantly thought of this game, but decided not to post because I don't think the player can choose different forms of government while playing... and that seemed important. *shrug*

Might as well d/l the demo. :)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline bselig

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 03:16:58 pm »
"the Master of Orion series has a political aspect to it (MoO2 was my favourite)" - DevilMachine

Woot! *looks at name, avatar*
:D
I liked superpower, you should check that out, and try superpowerr 2 aswell, just remember to dl the patches! ^_^
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 03:44:12 am »
haha cool name/avatar dude!
ok, yeah il check it out sometime, thanks

Offline Math_the_great

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 12:07:47 pm »
thanks for all you interesting comments. I was surfing on the net and I discovered a new free political game. It's called “A Force More Powerful.” This game will come out in September.
While “A Force More Powerful” sounds like a more sophisticated version of political entertainment games such as Tropico, where players impersonate a dictator, or Revolution, where they try to overthrow one, what makes this design unique is its emphasis on methodical military-style planning. Indeed, the process resembles how U.S. military commanders war game a situation by considering various alternatives and their consequences.

This game will be non-violent and it wil have a lot of possibilities. Check out the web site http://www.breakawaygames.com/news/2005/strategic_nonviolence.html
By the way, the game is made by BreakAway Games, they already  did tropico paradise island expansion.

Math the Great
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 04:09:44 pm by Math_the_great »
Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners.-Lenin

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 10:11:32 am »
http://www.the-underdogs.org/theme.php?id=24

Try out some of those games, maybe one will be like that. I've actually been looking for similar games with little success.