Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf  (Read 17858 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Animal Crossing New Leaf
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »
Our topic to discuss this game plus post friend codes. I can make a list in in this original post so we have all codes in one place. :)

Friend Code
LadyM - 0576-4375-1498
Patman33 - 4682-8964-3303
Cobra: 2320 6158 8973
Mrs Cobra (Mel's) 5284 1430 6623
Gec - 1805-2197-8512
Celdur - 3625 8383 6432
Martyk - 2423-2767-6761
Inkling - 3995 - 6521 - 6621
Oviraptor - 1048-8894-3622
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:34:04 pm by LadyM »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
4682-8964-3303

Get in here!

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »
Here is a link to a face guide if you want to know how to answer the questions to get the face/character you want.
http://www.jvgs.net/new-leaf-face-guide.htm

Friend code added above.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:22:03 pm by LadyM »

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:50 am »
The gate is open, I have oranges. I'm thinking about redoing the town, not sure I want to keep it before I get too far into it. What fruit do you have?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:12 am »
Peaches are my native fruits. In a day or so I should have Oranges and Cherries. And tomorrow I'll have access to the Island to get more.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:04:30 am »
How do you get to the island? I know it's at the pier but what triggers it? A certain day? I haven't figured that part out yet.

Can you visit me and leave some peaches?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 11:08:17 am »
Oh I just got the message about the peaches. I'll have to go back. :P

I think it triggers once you get the build permit.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:47:36 am »
Thanks. Maybe I can get cherries tomorrow. Not sure how many fruits there are this time. I had a perfect orange and I planted it, hoping it will make perfect tree.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 11:49:57 am »
I'll keep a reserve of fruits for you guys as I play so we can all get each variety.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:22:38 pm »
I got pears as a gift. I planted them so I'll give you some when the trees come in. I'll save some too to help out. We need more players. :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:48 am »
Enacted the Night Owl ordinance in my town so shops are gonna be open three hours later from now on.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:42 am »
I can't do any ordinances yet and haven't seen the boat to the island. I did buy a candy house exterior for my house though.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »
Right, so I've more or less figured out how the bug spawning works in the island area such that in about an hour you can rake in at least 200,000 bells. It's really simple! The island area can only support a specific number of bugs at any given time. Now, the actual number itself doesn't really matter. All you need to do is keep an eye out as to what bugs are spawning.

If you see low-value bugs scare them off. That'll open up another slot for another potentially valuable to spawn. Keep scaring off the worthless ones and farming the valuable ones. It works really well because the island area is so small. That means the player does not need to go far before the game triggers a respawn. You pretty much only have to walk ten steps in one direction and the half of the island that is lost to your sight will immediately respawn bugs.

In an hour you can easily pull in at least 200,000 if you know which bug types are of value. ;)

It's fairly similar to the way you could game fishing in the first Animal Crossing. I guess I expected that Nintendo would have changed it or something. But then I remembered it's Nintendo. :P

And by the way you're gonna need that money because this game has a crapload of very expensive upgrades.

**EDIT**
OH! By the way. All you need to rent is the fishing rod and the net. Keep the net out and the fishing rod only takes up one spot. You want the fishing rod as well just in case you see a fin in the water. They are a nice way to compliment your income since each finned fish is worth at least 10,000 bells.

As well, I'll give you a bug to hunt for. But you should figure out the values yourself, I can't do all the work for you. The Horned Elephant bug loves to hang out on the palm trees but has a really large detection radius. So you'll need to walk slowly, if you run or even walk too quickly the Horned Elephant bug will usually fly away almost as soon as it appears on the screen. They're worth 8,000 a pop and spawn pretty often.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:25:53 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 05:10:28 am »
Man if I play this again I'm so going to get addicted all over again.

Gotta have the perfect town

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 06:56:54 am »
Yes, get it and become addicted like we are. This is the first AC redo that is as fun as the first. The others didn't hook me. I need to get my blog running again, I want to blog/journal about the game as I play so for now, I'm going to do it here. (for now) :)

Day 1 June 10th
Restarted my town 3 times to get the right face and names. Once I had 10,000 bells I got a house by the river which is a tent for now. Bought my shovel and started planting fruit trees. Redd is here but bought nothing, can't afford it. I have 5 animals to start with. Daisy, Miranda, Bluebear, Chester and Mott.

Day 2
I have a real house, bought a net so now I can catch bugs. Pat visited me today and brought peaches. Now I can have extra fruit trees. Diva is moving in, she marked a spot.

Day 3
I ordered a new mailbox in blue then regretted it because I like the red one. I also ordered a candy house exterior, it was cute. I visited Pat's town and his Island. He had a birdhouse mailbox so I asked for one to be sent to my town store. I got coconuts at the island and we did a tour/game to catch bugs and found some lemons. His island also has lychees, they look like cherries. Planted all when I got back to town. I went back to his island at night and caught a ton of bugs worth a lot of bells. I also caught my first shark, a hammerhead. Paid my house off, hope to get an Island tomorrow. Met Diva, she has tons of boxes in her house.

Day 4
Today I was greeted by the old mayor and he showed me the dock and that tomorrow I will have an island. I should have restarted my game last night after paying my house off so I have to wait another day. I also made a town ordinance to make my town a wealthy town. That will start tomorrow too. Katrina the fortune teller is here today and Static is moving in tomorrow, spot is marked next to my house. The new mailbox is in and the exterior doesn't look as cute as I thought it would. I'll leave it for awhile.

Day 5
Today I met Sahara and for 3000 bells he redid my carpet and walls. Gave me wall paper that looks like a fence and grass flooring. It's not bad really, should raise my rating. Apparently you can only do it once. The best news is today I can go to my island!! and it has Bananas!!! Awesome!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:08:40 am by LadyM »