Author Topic: The Lesbian Pulp RP OoC  (Read 21448 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Lesbian Pulp RP OoC
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »
I've actually got an out of character thing to say here!

Since Anton and James are in the car on the way to town, whoever does the next post (erops or whoever) and is heading to town, could you leave a note in your post that mentions Anton and James arriving in town? They're probably gonna get there before or around the same time as your character anyway.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 12:43:28 pm »
Gorman your character's actions seriously clash with the tone of a story which has a robot fire chief. Also they are the actions of a medieval sociopath. I'm holding out hope on the slim chance that was an attempt at satire gone horribly awry.

It was, but i'm not experienced with the setting or entirely sure what the setting is outside of watching a couple venture bros episodes.

Davids a combo between the TF2 spy, James bond and a more extreme Jack Reacher or a less extreme punisher. I'm out of my zone here, but ill try anyway. Sorry about that  :(

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 12:45:24 am »
****. I'm in wichita at home and only have my phone since friday for a wedding. Sorry I plan on posting when I'm back home sunday night or monday morning depending when I leave my folks.

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2013, 11:55:02 am »
I'm taking a break for a while so I'm out.

Online martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2013, 12:45:27 pm »
Right, so I'm finally settled in after my move and have internet consistently again.  Gonna try to get caught up and get Winston into the story.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 10:54:00 am »
Fantastic!

Since we're in town now it shouldn't be too hard to get characters integrated. Also, while I'm not saying you need to right now, try to get your characters to a place where we can start to form our larger story. The time for introductions is rapidly coming to a close. ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:44 am »
Yeah, and like, do stuff that will drive the story forward. I'm just here to mix things up a  bit and resolve conflicts between players. Just throw caution to the wind.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2013, 11:20:29 am »
Which side of "crazy self-aware vending machine on a killing spree" subplot should we be on?

The "don't do that" side, or the "that's cool" side?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2013, 11:31:09 am »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2013, 11:31:54 am »
Ah okay, thanks.

So we're all clear then. To the posting mobile!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2013, 10:45:44 am »
Not sure where that will lead us but that's part of the fun, right?

By the way, anyone can push the story. Don't be timid! Very few ideas are objectively bad, just try not to go crazy with things and you'll be fine. ;)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2013, 11:54:41 am »
We can do that too, right? Like if we feel like we can add an appropriate conflict to spice things up and not screw the current flow?

Because honestly falling space debris with nothing to go on was tough for me to respond to. This, this I am liking. Now that I have a much better idea of what we're doing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:56:31 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2013, 12:56:45 pm »
We can do that too, right? Like if we feel like we can add an appropriate conflict to spice things up and not screw the current flow?

ASBSOLUTELY! In fact, it is encouraged! Feel free to move characters (even if they aren't your own) and have them say minor things if you think it'll help illustrate your point and make things seem more logical. There's no reason why everyone has to stand still while you inject your own idea into the story. Do what you've got to do to make things work.

Of course you can't kill off other people's characters or change their personality. But it's no problem if Ovi does a post and has Anton and Jim trying to avoid falling debris while his character feeds them information. A good role player should be able to also play another person's character. So go for it! :D

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »
Wow things seem to be going well today! Everyone you've all been doing wonderfully. The posts are very good, they link together well, and it's nice to see just about every player doing their own unique thing. :D

Keep up the great work! Is there anyone who has questions or concerns? Has everyone been playing? I'm not really sure if we've lost anyone along the way or not. I know Ovi is posting now so he's accounted for. We missing anyone else?

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »
Supplemental for those curious about the gun SB-5 was firing:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAuFp6X2U90" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAuFp6X2U90</a>