Author Topic: Vikings  (Read 4022 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Vikings
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:57:31 pm »
New show on the History channel.

The show follows the viking raider known as 'Ragnar Lodbrok,' a complete stud even by Viking standards and it's based off the real guy and his crazy exploits.

What exploits, you ask? Well, as you may know Vikings are known for their boats and their raiding, two things they did almost exclusively to their eastern and southern neighbors for centuries. However, Ragnar decides hey, what if we go west instead?

He's the ****ing guy that figured out sea-travel for the Vikings and proceeded to lead them to be the terrifying barbarian raiders from the north.

This show rocks my socks; delves into the lifestyles of the Nordic people and how they interact with each other and their gods, and follows the story of Ragnar Lodbrock's rise to power and legendary status.

His supporting cast is also varried and fun. The show is the best effort I've ever seen out of History in a long time and I hope they continue this style of show for a long time and follow other big historical names. A 'Mongolians' following the life of Genghis Khan would be epic.

It's very much like Game of Thrones in its setting, mysticism, and adult themes. But it's on cable too, so no boobs and no beheading.

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Vikings
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:00:12 pm »
I've seen this show and while I'm not much of a television-watcher, I really enjoyed it. The characters and storylines were compelling and there might even be a few historically accurate scenes in there, too.

Still trying to catch up, though. Haven't seen all the episodes and the ones I have seen were out of order. Joy.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:35 pm »
Remember when the history channel did documentaries?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:04:22 pm »
At least it isn't another reality show.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:42 pm »
Remember when the history channel did documentaries?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.