Author Topic: MUDs, the games with the best graphics in the world  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
MUDs, the games with the best graphics in the world
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:55:25 am »
So I am a huge fans of MUDs. I especially like the ones where you can actively create and alter the environment given to you. How do you feel on the matter of MUDs? Have you played any and if you did which ones. I personally like the New Worlds: Ateraan MUD. It has custom content created by characters, in depth roleplaying and is full with friendly people.
http://www.ateraan.com

OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Re: MUDs, the games with the best graphics in the world
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:49 am »
What's a MUD?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: MUDs, the games with the best graphics in the world
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 12:50:01 pm »
I used to play on a roleplay-heavy, minimal combat MUD based on the old World of Darkness RPG by White Wolf. 'twas fun, but had to stop because of other commitments.

@Flisch:
A MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) is a textbased online RPG. Some combat-heavy, some not. You connect to one through a telnet client...and there's a learning curve to be able to do just about anything. <_<

There are also MUSHes and MOO's, but I'm not too sure what the precise technical difference is. I think MOO's are object oriented (OO) or something.
They're collectible! Sorta...