Author Topic: Xigerath  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Xigerath
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:34 pm »
Speaking along the lines of things like disarm, bull rush, sunder, grapple, trip.

Is there any other cool but fairly basic martial moves anyone has ideas for?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 10:17:52 pm »

Something along these lines. A roundhouse kick is a close second.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 11:26:48 am »
I've always been a fan of getting opponents to hit each other, maybe a maneuver you can use to get an attack targeting you to hit an opponent within melee range instead.  Would probably be settled by opposed attack rolls, or something along similar lines.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »
Welp I've been busy pounding away at the mechanics, I thought I could get some lore discussion going. Which is admittedly one of my weaker points. I can write a story just fine, but world building is tough for me. Ill outline the basics anyway.

The known world is known as Xigerath, much like earth its covered for the most part in water, Which is known as the great beyond, deep under the great beyond is a civilization of scaly humanoids called Murzeus.

A number of Continents litter the planet. Xanadin being the largest houses a variety of climates and is split in to various provinces. Roshan, Zanzitark, Sylvantis, Skilamore and the skybound islands.

Roshan is home to the Roshan humans that migrated to Xanadin and forged a new civilization. Zanizitark is a swampy and jungle filled region home to the tribalistic halflings and the wild saurians they tame.

Syvlantis is snowy and cold, home to the high elves and the feline Aragoth. Skilamore is rocky and mountainous and is where the Dwarves, Stonekin and Tai-quay reside.

Bordering Zaniztark and Sylvantis is a set of massive floating islands where the wild elves live, they traverse between the islands using ziplines and flying Saurian's gifted to them from their halfling ally's.

Then the continent of Ashentoth, a land of wastelands and deserts is the native home of humans, now known as Ash Humans. Mana comes from the land, and with their homeland ravished the Ash humans couldn't rely on magic and thus pursued science and technology. They built the clock work as servants.

The death reach isles is another set of isles, a known pirate and privateer haven, mostly Orcish in origin. As well as Mungus, large four armed ape people used as slaves.

More continents can always be added since its not finished...

Then there's the underworld, which is basically an underground world, I guess somewhat like DnD underdark, dark elves are there.

I have 3 planes connected to Xigerath. Dominion, know as the sky domain home to the eternal ones and dragons, former home of the Tsuni dragons. Mortal dragons cast out of dominion. The fae lands, home to fae creatures. And the void home to the dark ones.

I purposely refrain from referring to Gods, angels and demons. Clerics might refer to the higher powers and such though. I do this because its up to each group to decide what kind, if any religiousness is present. I've met Christians uncomfortable with the idea of demons in DnD. I've met atheists who didn't like the idea of Gods at all. So I leave the choice to them, some might associate dominion with heaven and the void with hell. some might prefer the greek pantheon, its up to them.

I have a bit of back story and history here and there. feel free to ask anything you need to know. I just didn't want to post a whole books worth of stuff in this single post.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:18:32 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »
An update to those who give a hoot

Core System: 100% don
Mechanics: 80% done
Races: 100% done
Traits: 100% done
Skills: 90% done