Author Topic: Dishonored  (Read 2770 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Dishonored
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK57vfI97w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK57vfI97w</a>

Dishonored

Seems like an interesting Deus-Ex style game except with magic. Anyone else picking this up?

It has delivered on its supposed promises. It promised some pretty unique and interesting stuff so I probably am.

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Dishonored
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:25:38 pm »
Will be getting it on sale, most likely.

Also from what I've read, you need to play it on hard mode with objective indicators turned off. Otherwise it's a linear shooting gallery.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:36:00 am »
Pat, that's pretty contrary to all the positive reviews I've read, which say that the game hugely focuses on and rewards stealth.

There's a mechanic in the game where the more people you kill, the worse the world gets. Killing people puts more rats in the sewers and dying people in the streets. At the end of every stage, you're rewarded for never having been seen or killing anyone.

The game is also beautiful. It's like a painting.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:28 pm »
Anyone else played this at all? Worth a buy come the steam Christmas sale? How low should it really go for?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 03:51:09 pm »
Its a good game, flawed but good. I don't like that the game provides you with an absolute multitude tools to kill with...and then punishes you for using them. You get a sad depressing ending if you kill a lot of people. Which wouldn't be a big problem if they gave you an equal amount of awesome tools to take people out without killing them right?

You get sleep darts and choking people out... that's it.

meanwhile the lethal side gets rat swarms, explosive bolts, razer traps...oh yeah, by combing two powers you can stop time and make people stand in front of their own bullets! cool as hell right? sure if the game didn't repeatedly remind you how awful of a person you are for doing it.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »
I absolutely agree Gorman. Drives me crazy.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 09:40:07 am »
Okay so picked this one up too.

It is also a fun one, agreed that the non-lethal options were limited but I enjoyed challenge of sneaking and using blink/darksight to get around. Was very fulfilling to blink behind a guard, choke him out, grab him, blink to your roof, drop him, then do it again to the next guard. I got a kick out of it, well worth the sale price.

I took your hint and avoided killing people, which was awesome since the non-lethal options provided an extra challenge and more story; enjoyed the relationship between Emily and Corvo quite a bit, was a pleasant surprise that there was so much atmosphere at the Hounds Pub.

Liked this game a lot, pretty much is a Deus Ex for all intents and purposes, will probably play again to kick ass and take names this time, anyone else pick it up besides Tesla and gorman?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:44:51 am by eropS »

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:59:07 am »
I played it a while ago. One no-kill playthrough, which was really fun in a challenging way, and one kill-everything-with-a-throat playthrough, which was easy but hilarious.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 07:43:53 pm »
Okay so I finally went through the DLCs knife and witches.

Yup they're awesome and if you liked this game and haven't played these yet I highly recommend them. Very fun, Daud is interesting enough, new powers are so so, but holy crap the new set pieces and lore tidbits are awesome. Worth the time for sure