Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons: Lore Point Five  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Dungeons and Dragons: Lore Point Five
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:02 pm »
Alright, so if you've ever been involved in the DnD lore for our homebrew setting then you know who you are. Our homebrew setting is called Cyona and was originally invented by Celdur when he ran a dnd game years ago which was fun and silly and involved goblins and outrageous minmaxing.
Over the years player contributions, GM campaign notes and Dawn of Worlds forum games have built up a pretty hefty amount of material for the setting and its turned out pretty cool.

HOWEVER. The way in which the setting has been gradually assembled at random has led to some problems cropping up. Mostly in some inconsistencies, important questions left unanswered, artifacts from when the setting was more vanilla 3.5 DnD and things which just look plain dumb in hindsight.

Now I am not proposing that the entire setting is retconned wholesale, however, I think it would benefit from some tweaks and adjustments in various areas. Rather than just going at it seperately and at random as we have done so successfully in the past, getting all these disparate strands together will require some cooperation and group work.

Therefore I suggest a semi-regular meetup of interested parties in IRC to look at and hopefully improve Cyona's lore. Each session will have a topic (or several) which has been singled out as needing improvement, everyone will brainstorm, discuss, bicker childishly and throw their toys around, and eventually a consensus will be reached and either a new lore post will be written on the topic or old lore posts will be ammended.

While I'm primarily aiming this idea at the people who have been fairly active in the DnD lore and the games in the past (you know who you are), this is of course open to pretty much anyone who is interested in contributing. So if you're interested, post in here or jump in the IRC.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Lore Point Five
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:43:10 pm »
Keep it simple.

Keep it grounded.

Keep Yokto out.