Author Topic: Spore 2?  (Read 23048 times)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Re: Spore 2?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 01:32:46 am »
Probably not. If Spore had come out the gates being amazing, widely accepted and loved ...maybe... but it failed.
I wouldn't say that too loud. After all, EA did choose to continue the IP with offshoots like Darkspore and several mobile games. They wouldn't use a name of a failed project for other games they release. That'd be bad advertising. The main thing about Spore is that the demographics shifted. It's not really a game for adults, but I have occasionally heard kids talking about the game. I would say that their shift to cartoony cuteness probably helped Spore more than it scared off the majority of this forum. One can say about EA what they want, but not that they are incompetent, otherwise they wouldn't be nearly as successful as they are.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:05 am »
You know, I think we'll be seeing games with spore like ideas for years to come. I don't say this because it was such an influential game that lived up to hype (it wasn't) but it was a good game in its own right and had a dedicated fan base before it was released. We're already seeing its influence in indie games like Kerbal Space Program, which took the editors and gave them much more depth, and commercial games like ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet that have dedicated character, vehicle, level, etc. editors. For instance, Scribblenauts Unlimited is a set launch title for Wii U that takes the Scribblenauts concept to a new, Spore-esque, editor-style level by letting you create a taco with pizzas for wheels in a real time editor, and modify its behaviour too.

It's not just PC and console games either. We all see mobile games with more focus on creativity and customization. For instance, the iOS game Battleship Craft (which is quite enjoyable despite the annoying music-it's free too) is a battleship sim with a block-based, Minecraft-like ship editor.

So, Spore is not dead. Because Spore was such an innovative idea on paper, I don't think we'll see a Spore two (at least not professionally) from any developer. It's one of those ideas like Portal or The Sims that another developer can't make without it being called a clone.But, I think we're going to see a lot of editors and open world play for the next generation of consoles.

Of course, no one will play them because they're worried about how many kills/touchdowns they can get, but, hey, we'll play em.

Offline labixiaoxin

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
cheap clubwear
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 07:41:13 pm »
More and more fashion women’s clothes wholesale online and can you recognized which is better? Dear-Lover offer cheap clubwear, cheap dresses and cheap lingerie for women which are from China top sexy clothes manufacturer Shiying Sexy Lingerie Co., Ltd factory directly. It is the best choice for sexy clothes dealers and shopkeepers.
sexy clothes
wholesale women's clothes
wholesale swimwear

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 01:09:21 am »
China's top sexy clothes manufacturer?

Damn, sounds prestigious.

Offline Slinky