Author Topic: Endless Space  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
Endless Space
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »
Anyone playing Endless Space?  It's a 4X turnbase space empire building game on Steam.  The goal is to build an empire by colonizing planets / star systems, researching technology, making friends / enemies with other galactic empires and, well, killing those enemies.  So your usual 4x stuff in space.  It's pretty awesome.

Anyone else playing it?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Endless Space
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05:30 pm »
Yeah!

There are a few of us on the forum that play it. Taking a break from it now until some more updates roll out. Really don't want to burn myself out on a game that is still in alpha. But man is it a good alpha! :D

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:33:34 pm »
They just released the beta on Monday.  It has a bunch of bugfixes, three new races, and multiplayer!  

I think my favorite race are the Sowers.  I'm a sucker for robotic races, and I think the way that the race is structured is pretty cool.  To reinforce the idea that these are robots and not organics, you get -50% food income per planet, but 50% of your production is added to your food, so you're encouraged to get production up and running asap, which is generally how I play these games anyway.  

My only complaint I have with the beta is that it seems to run a lot worse than the alpha did.  I'm not sure if that's just me or if everyone is experiencing that, but I'm hoping they fix it by release.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:35:19 pm by Sub »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »
Oh well hey... I didn't know about that update. Thanks man! :D