Author Topic: The Superpower RP: Volume G - To the Moon Alice!  (Read 10605 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: The Superpower RP: Volume G - To the Moon Alice!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 09:37:17 pm »
Name:  Carter Hale

Bio:  A native of Nova Luna, Carter began his career as a pilot in the United Lunar Orbital Force, an organization representing a fair fraction of the Moon's disparate states and colonies, staffed largely by volunteers.  After two years of exemplary service he caught the eye of a private contractor and was recruited to test their latest model.  Offered a high salary and tired of the uneventful patrols, he flung himself gladly into the life of a professional test pilot, picking up more skills and technical knowledge as the years wore on.

His latest employer, Cyncro Systems, specializes in cybernetic integration and is a touch shadier than most of his clients (which is saying something), a fact he is beyond caring about at this point.  Their latest prototype requires the best test jockey money can buy, and that's Carter Hale.  After months of simulations, the ACXB Variable R-State Armor is finally ready for live fire tests, and Cyncro is on the lookout at anything they'd be legally allowed to throw it at, and Carter is eager to do something more than target practice.

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 186
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 165
Max Attack: 10
Max Defense: 10
Max Save DC: 10
Max Toughness: 10

ABILITIES
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack 3 (Melee 3, Ranged 10) [Unarmed +0 (Bruise)]
Defense 4 (3 + 1 Shield) (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 8

SAVES
Toughness 5 (4 + 1 armor) (5 flat-footed)
Fortitude 9
Reflex 9
Will 8

SKILLS

Code: [Select]
Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc. Modifier
Acrobatics Dex* 4 = +4 +0 +0
Bluff Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Computers Int 1 = +1 +0 +0
Climb Str* 1 = +1 +0 +0
Concentration Con 4 = +4 +0 +0
Craft(______) Int 1 = +1 +0 +0
Diplomacy Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Disable Device Int 1 = +1 +0 +0
Disguise Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Drive Dex 14 = +4 +10 +0
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +4 +0 +0
Gather Information Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Handle Animal Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Intimidate Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Investigate Int 1 = +1 +0 +0
Know (Technology) Int 7 = +1 +6 +0
Know (Physical Science) Int 6 = +1 +5 +0
Language ___ 0 = +0 +0 +0
Medicine Wis 3 = +3 +0 +0
Notice Wis 9 = +3 +6 +0
Perform (______) Cha 2 = +2 +0 +0
Pilot Dex 19 = +4 +15 +0
Profession (______) Wis 3 = +3 +0 +0
Ride Dex 4 = +4 +0 +0
Search Wis 6 = +3 +3 +0
Sense Motive Wis 6 = +3 +3 +0
Sleight of Hand Wis 3 = +3 +0 +0
Stealth Dex 4 = +4 +0 +0
Survival Wis 3 = +3 +0 +0
Swim Str** 1 = +1 +0 +0  
Total Ranks:  36

Powers/Devices

Name:  ACXB Variable R-State Armor PT I (Device)  Rank: 6  Action: Free  Range: Personal Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  24

The entire reason Carter's here, the Variable R-State Armor Prototype is an Arcano-Cybridized XenoBiological power suit on the bleeding edge of modern R-State warfare.  This is almost entirely because it is the first and only implementation of R-State warfare.

Name: R-Engine (Transmutation)  Rank: 1  Action: Standard  Range: Ranged  Duration: Sustained  Cost:  6
Extras/Flaws:
Linked (R-Manipulator): +3
Limited (To and From R-Matter): -2

The core of the armor's capabilities, the R-Engine can temporarily convert any and all extant matter into exotic R-Matter, a substance defined by it's tendency to flagrantly ignore standard physics.  The only thing it bonds to is itself, possesses no charge, defies gravity, and generally doesn't react with baryonic matter on any level.  It's extremely slight interaction with fermions such as photons is the only reason it can be proven to exist at all.  If matter could die, R-Matter would be it's ghost.

Name: R-Manipulator (Shape Matter)  Rank: 1  Action: Standard  Range: Ranged Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  0
Extras/Flaws:
Linked (R-Engine): -3
Duration (Continuous): +1
Limited (R-Matter only): -2

As uncooperative as it is, R-Matter would be nearly useless if it weren't for this device, which can move and shape the substance.  Once R-Matter returns to it's natural state, it will remain in whatever shape the manipulator left it in.

Name:  Burrowing  Rank: 1  Action: Move  Range: Personal Duration:  Sustained  Cost:  1

Obstacles are meaningless with control of the R-State.

Name: Cohesion Amplifier (Protection)  Rank: 1  Action: Free  Range: Personal Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  1

Despite being called "armor", the suit isn't actually that sturdy on it's own.  Thankfully, a tweak in the R-Engine allows it to amplify the bonds within standard matter, making it orders of magnitude more resistant to damage.

Name:  Force Shield  Rank: 1  Action: Free  Range: Personal Duration:  Sustained  Cost:  1

Standard uni-directional force field.  Not everything has to be R-Tech.

Name:  Thermal Control  Rank: 1  Action: Standard  Range: Ranged Duration: Sustained  Cost:  5
Feats:
Raise and Lower (1)
Alt Power: Heat Blast
Alt Power: Cold Blast

This more conventional armament is actually the result of rerouting the byproducts of the external drives instead of actually using their power.  Increasing heat is a simple matter of lowering the Xeno-Sink's threshold while maintaining the Drive's output, and decreasing it is merely the same operation in reverse.

Name:  Immunity (Life Support)  Rank: 1  Action: Reaction Range: Personal Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  9

The suit is, of course, a closed system.

Name:  Immunity (Dazzle)  Rank: 1  Action: Reaction Range: Personal Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  5

An advance Augmented Reality system separates the user from outside influences, shielding him from distractions and dangerous sensory input.

Name:  Communication (Telepathy)  Rank: 1  Action: Reaction Range: Extended Duration: Sustained  Cost:  1

The same system which allows the pilot seamless telepathic control over the unit can be extended to communicate with others.

Name:  Screw Drive (Space Travel)  Rank:Action: Move Range: Personal Duration: Sustained  Cost:  1

After the events on Phobos, it was deemed necessary to give the suit an emergency retrieval option in the form of an experimental personal warp generator.

Name:  Coupled Xeno-Drive/Xeno-Sink (Device) x4 Rank: 5  Action: Free  Range: Personal Duration:  Continuous  Cost:  15 x4 (60)
Extras/Flaws:
Toughness save to resist disarm: +0

While the suit contains an internal battery capable of keeping it moving and the Engines running at a reduced capacity, it was found early on that, even with coupled Xeno-Sinks dumping waste heat, putting the generators in the armor had the unfortunate side effect of cooking the pilot.  Therefore, to utilize the armor to it's full potential, the Drives are mounted externally.

Name:  Power Reserve  Rank: 9  Action: Free  Range: Personal Duration:  Sustained  Cost:  25
Powers:
Transmutation
Shape Matter
Protection
Thermal Control
Force Shield
Burrowing
Telepathy
Space Travel

Alternate Power:
Name:  Disintegrate  Rank: 10  Action: Standard  Range: Ranged Duration:  Instant
Extras/Flaws:
Area (Burst) +1
Distracting -1
Ultra-limited (single use, self destructs) -2

Feats
Assessment
Attack Focus (Ranged) x 7
Attractive
Environmental Adaptation (Zero-G)
Evasion 2
Grappling Finesse
Improved Initiative
Improved Sunder
Move-by Action
Precise Shot 2
Equipment x 3

Equipment
Lab Complex: 14
    Large
Combat Simulator
Communications
Computer
Defense System
Gym
Hangar
Laboratory
Personnel
Power System
Security System
Workshop

Commlink

Drawbacks/Complications
Normal Identity:  Carter is a guy in a suit.  Take that away, what is he?  A good looking fighter pilot. (5 points)
One-Way Transformation:  This thing costs more money than physically exists (less than it sounds like, the future is digital), and contains enough hazardous material to dehabitate a dome, like hell he's allowed to just tear it off.  It's a two hour shut down sequence in the hangar.  (4 points)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:16:38 pm by Neoadept »
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 09:01:28 am »
Guys

Party today.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:30 am »
Almost game time.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

I'm not even playing!

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 01:30:50 pm »
As there is a solar eclipse I unfortunately was not able to make it to this session.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »
Good game chaps. Good game.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »
Session 1:  Airship Pirates in Space

The video feed paused, frame locked on freshly welded blast doors as the heroes sealed themselves off from the assailant on the other side.  The three figures viewing it sat in silence for a moment, taking advantage of the break in the action to evaluate the performance of their prototype.

"The initial damage from those ridiculous Steam Punks is absolutely unacceptable," the one on the left said eventually, "the pilot's inability to promptly engage defensive measures is pitiful."

"Irrelevant," the center one replied, "damage was minor and well within expected losses from a first outing.  Besides which, Novaluna Covert Security has graciously accepted liability for any damages incurred, a far more favorable scenario than we envisioned at this stage."

"And did you see how he got going afterwards?"  The last one interjected excitedly, "targeted that mech's systems like a pro.  Though, personally, I think Fender coulda handled it.  Bot's got moves."

"The machine's disposal of the riffraff was, admittedly, impressive," the left one admitted grudgingly, "and the CFM displayed typically above standard coordination."

"The Corsairs showing up so soon surprised me a bit," the right one added, "and what an entrance, cutting through the dome like that.  Good thing our boy got the drop on his team before they all got dropped on, heehee."

"Yes, the Pirates of the Sea of Tranquility are an unexpected nuisance," the center one stated mildly, "the presence of such an advanced replicator unit is concerning.  Should a template of the prototype be acquired..."

"Indeed, we'll need to commission a full wipe of the area afterwards to prevent contamination."

"...Anyone else wonder what was up with the guy with the net?"
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 08:44:23 am »
Game soon. Prepare your solid waste evacuation ports.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 02:45:06 pm »
Session 2: Product Recall

"You handled that extremely poorly Mr Phoenix" said the rather dry, androgynous voice through his intercom. "You failed to capture the Greater-than tech, or the military android."

The Director of Seren Armaments Divison finished buttoning his fresh shirt and began tying his necktie.

"But we did recover the defective Mark 7. The more of those we take in the closer we get to solving the amnesia problem. One of our Corsairs got a good look at the android anyway, its sonic weaponry is being distributed as we speak."

"Don't feed me that horse**** son" said the Intercom, taking on a decidedly more masculine tone of voice, before apparently checking itself and resuming its comfortable drone. "Mere scraps, new things to sell to idiots and reprobates, nothing that meaningfully advances our mission statement."

"Well, steady on. You've never even told me what the mission statement is. Besides, we also capture Charlie Foxtrot... and that gun of his. You've got to tell me thats worth something." said Phoenix, visibly miffed.

"The weapon is remarkably effective, this is true. We review the logs of its use even now. It is nothing, however, without the man who uses it. You may note the same thing of this R-type suit device you encountered. Barely worthwhile in the hands of a robot. No model we produce save perhaps the ever-malfunctioning Utopia series would have the initiative to escape by tunneling through the center of Phobos with such speed as to achieve escape velocity."

"Isn't intelligence your department?" said the director of armaments, dryly.

"Indeed, however, making full use of what little you have managed to accquire will require a little more inter-departmental cooperation. Cadogan will be paying you, and Mr Foxtrot, a visit shortly."

"Oh. Bully." said Phoenix, without much enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:47:15 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »
Sorry I couldn't make it today, I was busy traveling.  What'd I miss?
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:33:37 am »
Kay guys, ready for rescue.

Are you ready, guys?

Guys?

:'(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 01:52:20 pm »
And thats the end of my Arc.

I gave out 5 power points for session 1, 1 in session 2 and 2 in session 3.

I guess its easiest if everyone advances in lockstep.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »
Session 3: And Now A Word From Our Sponsors

-PLAYBACK START: AR GUNS ALPHAWOLF VIRTUAPROMO #6-

*Opening shot: slow panning or rolling lunar dunes as the earth slowly rises in the background. Zooming down to the surface, the camera closes in on Charlie Foxtrot digitally added to the scene without an EV suit, as he stands listening intently to the music, a shiny double-helix rifle on his shoulder. Fender sits on the rim of a crater, strumming the background music. As the Camera comes to a stop, Charlie Foxtrot turns to the camera*

"Hello friends." He says, "Welcome to the big wide universe! Full of opportunity, and risk."

*Charlie starts walking slowly toward the camera*

"You may ask yourselves, 'Charlie, How can I remove the risks from my opportunities?' Well, dear listener, this is my answer:"

*The scene changes to a video feed from a CFM soldiers helmet focused on Charlie as he takes aim and fires with his Double-Helix Rifle. Several robots are destroyed in quick succession in spliced together footage from different helmet shots. Some shots show a handsome man using a snare on a undulating machine-man. Another shot shows Fender blasting a hole through a wall with one note from his instrument.*

*The scene changes back to Charlie Foxtrot*

"You need tools. Friends, have I got a tool for you."

*Charlie takes the double helix rifle from his shoulder.*

"This, is the AR-558 AlphaWolf, the one and only guided relativistic firearm using technology not yet regulated by elitist bureaucrats. This beautiful piece of art uses 1.01 gigajoules to fire 1 microgram of Helium atoms along a fractal growth Ion trail at 15% the speed of light. Utilizing military grade Class 7 inertial dampeners and a Miniaturized Xenocapacitor guaranteeing 5000 rounds before shutdown, The AR-558 will bring righteous fury to all that threaten your livelyhood and your opportunities."

"Lastly, always remember:"

*The scene changes to a long range telescope observing the moon Phobos peacefully orbiting Mars*

"An AlphaWolf Did This."

*Half of Phobos is destroyed in a brilliant explosion as tiny escape pods and shuttles rocket away*

*AR Guns Logo comes up, along with contact information as the background music comes to the foreground*

"AR Guns, Guaranteed For Life!"

-PLAYBACK END-
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:36:34 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 07:18:47 pm »
You guys got logs? I wouldn't mind sometimes bein able to read it or something since I can't really make heads or tails of M&M but am kinda wanting to see what's goin on since I will have a lot of off time here and not much to do.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »
Sit in on the next session, you'll be able to ask questions and we really don't mind.