Author Topic: PAX Prime - 2012 [SOLD OUT]  (Read 1967 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
PAX Prime - 2012 [SOLD OUT]
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »
Tickets went on sale today, and 8 hours later, 3-day passes were SOLD OUT!!!!! I missed the boat but I got a Friday and Saturday day passes. Anyone else going to go, assuming you can get tickets?

Learn More About PAX Prime HERE

Buy Tickets HERE (before it's too late!!!!)

EDIT: The only thing left is Sunday passes!!  :o
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:15:33 pm by ilikesanta »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: PAX Prime - 2012 [Practically sold out already!]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:49:33 pm »
IKR? Sold out so freaking gay. What are you thinking of checking out santa?

I blame League for announcing their tourney.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »
Well right now It's probably too early to guess what will be there. Unfortunately I don't know how many of my friends got tickets. I will probably play some board game demos, play some DnD Next. I doubt Nintendo will be showing WiiU there, they usually only show things that will be coming out in the next two-weeks/month (also they didn't show the Wii off before it was released). Maybe try to get in a tournament or two.

League Tourney, tell me more.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:09 pm »
About 1:45 in they mention Pax Prime. It's also listed in their announcement as well. Part of a 3 million prize pool circuit so probably going to be a pretty big deal....

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
Re: PAX Prime - 2012 [SOLD OUT]
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:06 am »
PAX Prime starts FRIDAY!!! Apparently Wii-U will be there, I'll probably not stand in line because I'm assuming they will be crazy. There is a Golden Eye tournament going on that I might signup for. My skillz have faded some but I've been dreaming off being in a GE Tourney for years. I might be able to get some training before then. Might try to play the DnD Next, but they're only doing it once and I'm already play-testing it already. Mull around the show floor. Maybe demo some boardgames. I'll mostly just hang around the Dance Central 3 stage and dance all day.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 12:23:31 am »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:59:30 am »
Two days of PAX was not enough this year. Last year I didn't need three days, this year was different. Well at least I can have four days next year! Here is a list of things I played and saw.

Zombie U: Controls were crappy. To use any weapon you have to hold down the left trigger and pull the right to attack, and thats still true when you use melee weapons. So killing zombies was hard and in the demo there was a big room with 4 zombies in it and everyone I saw play the game died in that room. Maybe it was just a crappy demo, maybe I'm just a noob, but I would downgrade any hype you had for this game.

Wii U controller. It felt super light and hollow, which kinda made it feel cheap. Could be because there was no battery in the demo units? I didn't use the screen that much but it was kinda neat. It responded well to my fingers.

The New Raymond game for Wii U looked super pretty.

Dance Central 3: Super Rad! The song list looked solid, dance moves looked good, they added a beginner difficulty so now the other difficulties are slightly harder and they got red of dance crews. All good things!

Super Time Force: A Side scrolling 8/16-bit looking, shooter, XBLA game. The hook, when you die, you pick a new character and fight along side your ghost. So it's possible to shoot the baddie that killed your previos character. When you die again you can continue from that previos character and continue on. You have about 25 lives so it's possible to have 20 or so ghost running a level at the same time all shooting and killing. Just think of the end of a super meat boy level, but with guns. Game looks fun, coming out next year.

Airmech: This game looks fun. A F2P game with some RTS elements. Click on the link and play it now.

3012: It's a deck building board game that felt overly convoluted. Me and my friend were very meh on it.

Happy Wars: looks like a fun multiplayer game for XBLA. Looks in the same vien as Fat Princess.

Gun Craft: aka Minecraft with guns. It reminded me of playing Doom 2 multiplayer. Straight up (team) death-match could be fun for a little bit but I think it could have more potential with different modes.

Metal Gear Rising (I think that was the name. Well it the one with the sword cutting) It was fun action game. Once people get a hang of the cutting mechanic, cutting things up wil be really entertaining.

I was able to get in the DnD live game, super funny had a blast. At night played board games with friends. I think I'm forgetting things I played. Had fun look forward to next year. Look out in the coming days for my Pax Code giveaway thread. I got stuff for LoL, World of Tanks, Gotham City impostors, and MORE!!!!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »
Hang on to those goodies. If you don't use them yourself or donate them to random forum members, you could probably sell them for a tidy sum.
Looking at you, League of Legend skins.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:41 pm »
Nah why sell them when I can give it to you guys.  :D

I also played Scrolls : Lame. A cross of Magic and Hero Academy but really slow and boring.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »
Notch isn't good at making new games. He's only good at capitalizing on other peoples' ideas.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just one way of doing things.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »
Why defend Notch Pat?

He's fat, its an acceptable prejudice.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:04:03 am »
Half-Life 3 delayed another month.