Author Topic: Nations  (Read 6689 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Nations
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »
[Corporations]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rCc4SZNSI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rCc4SZNSI</a>

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »
Accurate.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
BETTER DEAD THAN RED, HYDRO

They are not "communist", they are "communal". Its the difference between many per-Colombian Native American societies and Communist Russia or China.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:06:34 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »
Okay, I guess I'm dumb.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »
Wait, what's the difference?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 04:22:52 pm »
Wait, what's the difference?

Communism is when a government owns everything and is lead by an individual or party. Communalism no one owns anything but are responsible for everything.

To use a family dynamic, in communism the Father rules for the entire family and they would all have to share their toys, clothes and food. In a communal dynamic children would be raised by anyone in the community and have responsibility for not just their won kids but for other families kids.

However mine is a "Communal Meritocracy". Meritocracy this means that talents and accomplishments are rewarded rather than privilege or wealth. Thus a "Communal Meritocracy" would be that the person who is the most accomplished in the community can become the leader. Thus helping each other are the the core of the Wasgo society.

In know its hard to explain but there are key differences.

EDIT: Looks like the Losar and Wasgo will not get along well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:24:26 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »
Anarcho-Capitalism vs Communalism vs Monarchism vs Oligarchy

gogogo

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »
Year 1, Spring

Around the region many nations have grown and the international Community has begun to develop. This marks a new era, the First Year NE.

Wasgo, a community of tribals native to the northern reach of the Aposid River, has established itself along the coast and river. While they possess advanced infrastructure and social services, they are extremely behind schedule of weaponry and metalworking.

The Bernogratzer Federation, established on the Peninsula along side Westcutogo, has acquired some land from their neighbours recently, with much support from the people within.

Westcutogo, on the same Peninsula, has made breakthroughs in weaponry recently, perhaps as a response to the seizing of their territory.

The nation of Losar, far to the south along the Aposid River, has formed in the past few months under a senate and the Chancellor Cyrill Halkalt. The Corporations within it own most the power however, and its unknown how the fledgling nation will perform.

Rumours have it that there is land past the western Mountains, but these ideas have been dismissed for the most part. Other rumours claim the existence of an island to the North East of the region, but all ships to head that way have vanished due to unknown circumstances.

And thus the first season is started. Please colour code your IC text. Any PMs between players must have me CC'd or BCC'd so I can track international communication.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 11:33:40 pm »
Great job on the map!  ;D

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 08:15:47 am »
The Royal Bernogratzer Bugle
Liberation of Bernogratz! The Rise of Liberal Nationalism!

Today King Charles Fredrick II announced today that in response to the addition of several counties to the Federation new political reforms will be put in place. After an overwhelming and unprecedented support for the expansion for the union, His Majesty claimed that "Those who fought so bravely to allow Bernogratzers to be allowed to freely live with, trade with and defend their brothers must be rewarded". Whilst the exact nature of these reforms has not yet been revealed, it is expected that they will be passed during the Summer parliament. This was expected by the Liberal Nationalists, who have fought long and hard to unite our people, however their radical beliefs for a democratic republic is not endorsed by His Majesty. Many leaders in the neighbouring areas are anxious, as political reforms in Bernogratz could inspire the masses to radicalise and attempt to overthrow society. However, His Majesty has assured many that society shall remain stable and there will be no mass murder of the aristocracy as long as he is in power.

Join the Federal Army Today! Our King Needs YOU!

As our industry expands and we become richer, there has become more to lose from the destructive actions of those jealous of Bernogratzer Prestige, or worse attempting to conquer and oppress us. But our brave military have allowed us to survive, allow us our freedom and allow us our way of life. If you want to help protect your family, your friends and your town then join the Federal Army today! The wages, 4marks/day will allow you a way of life well above that of the average farmer; but most of all you will be keeping those you love safe, and enabling Bernogratz to achieve the greatness it deserves.

See your town's officer today to be inducted in the world's greatest and most advanced military!

mad ovi?

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 01:14:36 am »
A Province map, for future clarification:

(A) Katahdin
  • Home to the tallest mountain in Westcustogo
(B) Aziscohos
  • The least populated province, also has the most forest
(C) Molunkus
  • Home to a deep ravine
(D) Millinocket
  • One of the oldest and most populated cities on the peninsula
(E) Nollesemic
  • Home to a beautiful waterfall
(F) Umcolcus
  • Known for its majestic loons
(G) Westcustogo
  • The capital and largest city in Westcustogo
(H) Squapan
  • Home to a fascinating cave system
(I) Cobscook
  • Known for the massive boulders strewn about its coast
(J) Nahmakanta
  • The largest fishing port in Westcustogo
(K) Muscongus
  • Known for its coast's many rocky ledges
(L) Pemaquid*
  • Known for being on the tip of the peninsula

*This was the province taken by Bernogratz.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 02:41:04 pm »
Year 1, Summer
Rumours have it that the country of Westcutogo has called its military to alert, after the recent loss of Pemaquid. It is not uncommon for men in Bernogratz to see patrolling forces over the borders. Merchant ships have been seen headed to Wasgo, presumably laden down with goods.

The borders of Losar have expanded and smoke is seen rising from cities along the mountains. A system of highways has been set up going from city to city, criss-crossing the country side and running through small villages, large portions of which are dedicated to the production of indigo, sandalwood, hemp and wheat. In related news, the capital has expanded, the outer regions quickly sprouting industry owned residential complexes, many of which are over 10 stories tall and house several hundred people. It seems this new nation has had an active first few months.

The nation of Bernogratz remains relatively silent, although ships have been seen on trade routes from the coasts to Wasgo with fully equipped military units on board.

The community of Wasgo remains the same as far as external groups can tell, although some fishermen venturing farther north have seen them pushing beached whales back into the water.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:15:40 pm by Badger Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:09 am »
Question: Are there any people living in the uncoloured areas, or is that just unclaimed land?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
There are people, but their spread is randomly generated. In future turns NPC nations will pop up from the tribes and whatnot.

EDIT: If you ever want to know the type of life in your national region, shoot me a PM and ask about specific bits of it. I'll tell you what there is and isn't.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:20:06 pm by Badger Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 11:55:08 am »
And that marks the last PM I need today, Update will begin tonight and be posted tomorrow.

EDIT NOTE: I am working on a percentile RPG system as well, so the update will be later wednesday or very early thursday.

LATE NOTICE: I will be postponing the update until next wednesday, due to real life issues.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:54:53 pm by Badger Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.