Author Topic: NationStates Pages?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
NationStates Pages?
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:45:10 am »
Well, since the relaunch is coming up (we need a set launch date for that, BTW), I thought- hey! Let's make NationStates pages for our creatures! We could even make a new "Origin" region!

My main nation (currently) http://www.nationstates.net/nation=kabalu

Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: NationStates Pages?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:54:02 pm »
Seems okay, except for...

7 hours ago: Kabalu was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
1 day 18 hours ago: Kabalu was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".

Well, that was quick.

The problem with NS is that it's geared towards a human type of culturo-political system. Nothing wrong with that on its own, but once you use it to simulate alien societies, things start to break down. Hive intelligence collapses, stable genetic caste systems fall into disarray, herd-based psychologies fail to mesh properly with the game's pack-based system of thought, etc.   :-\

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »
NationStates gets old anyway. I got tired of it; the novelty wore off after a couple of months. And Yuu has a very good point, so this topic should be over now.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:41:15 am »
OK then, I guess.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?