Author Topic: Broseidon Quest - A Superhero Narrative Decision Game  (Read 17418 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Super-Heroic Narrative Decision Game
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49:50 am »
Make the Cowl wet himself; a supervillain as classy as himself will surely be thwarted by the spilling of warm applejuice!

You strongly suspect, nay, KNOW that as a proper villain the Cowl will be immune to your blandishments in that respect. In fact, you decide maybe to never indulge in such an amazingly childish act ever again.

Cast some kind of signature move, and because your kind of a tool, call it H20mega

Instead of breaking the swordcane or the server farm, break everything

You file the brodaceous name mentally for later. But come on, this isn't nearly a dramatic enough moment to use that attack. You will call it up when the time is right.

Since the fire extinguishers are probably CO2 since this is an office environment prone to electrical fires, forgo hydrokinesis and just smash the usb swordcane with the fire extinguisher.

Snap the cane into pieces and brainfreeze the Cowl.  If this does not work, get Cape Girl to save the day because she's the hero and you are a chump.

RIGHT.

Hauling the fire extinguisher off the wall you apply xtreme effort and spin around like a hammer thrower, loosing it toward The Cowl's Shadow...

Everyone stops as time slows down and the metal cannister rotates slowly through the air...

and directly hits the cane, smashing it into tiny pieces

"Nooo! My dastardly scheme thwarted by a teenaged boy with a promotional crown from a fast food restraunt! Well, partly thwarted anyway, I shall have to make do with what I've collected"

Cowl's Shadow flows along the floor under your feet and rejoins its master, handing him the end of the USB stick. In retrospect those floodlights really only made his shadow more distinct and useful. Cape Girl probably should have pointed this out to you. Oh well.

Cowl wheels around and runs out the fire exit before you can whack him with the water mallet you summoned up in a fit of victorious showboating so you clock the last couple of his goons and yell at Capegirl to follow you and stop Cowl escaping. She nods and you both run up after him, eventually emerging onto the moonlit roof.

The Cowl stands facing you at the edge of the roof, pointing a nasty-looking firearm in your direction.

What do!?

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Broseidon Quest - A Superhero Narrative Decision Game
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2011, 12:17:53 pm »
You've trained for this your whole life.  People called you ridiculous, said that it's been out of style since the 90's.  But, somehow, you always knew it would come to this.

It's time to put your years of break dancing to use.

Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight.

By which I mean hurl the hammer at him as a distraction/to trip him and then close the distance to make the firearm impractical in the melee.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2011, 12:24:18 pm »
By which I mean hurl the hammer at him as a distraction/to trip him and then close the distance to make the firearm impractical in the melee.

You hurl the Water Hammer, hitting The Cowl before he can fire. He falls over. The day is yours!

You go and apprehend the no-good. Though Capegirl doesn't seem to be sharing in your good cheer for some reason.

Picking up The Cowl by the collar you realise he seems a little light.

"Its a dummy, dummy" says Capegirl. "Cowl ALWAYS pulls that trick."

She's right, its just a store mannequin in a cheap halloween cloak.

Next time Cowl, next time.

Stay Tuned for the exciting Holiday Special, coming soon:
Christmas3: Hyperchristmas
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:53:14 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2011, 04:41:18 pm »
Holiday Special

Christmas3: Hyper-Christmas

Its Christmas Eve, which in retrospect is weird because it seemed like only a week ago it was summer and you were foiling pirates at the beach. You're chilling with your family in your house. Your sister and her boyfriend have come up from Greenwater. Everything is pretty much normal. Your phone rings. Unrecognised number.

"Hello?"
"Its Zeitgeist. Look, I'm getting sick of explaining this to you over and over again, sorry. Time villains, nefarious plot, meet me outside Chance Labs as quick as you can."
"Huh?"
"Just trust me, the space time continuum has managed to get itself into a grievous fudge again. If you see any alternate versions of yourself, just ignore them. Leave all paradoxes to the experts, which are me. See you at Chance Labs in about an hour ago."

Welp, seems legit. You make some lame excuse and sneak off up to your room and get suited up. Teaming with Zeitgeist, awesome, that guy is at least, like, B-list. You're on the up and up. You hop out your bedroom window and jump on your fixie.
You notice the World Vultures are pretty agitated today, must be the unseasonable lack of snow.
You pull up to Chance Labs and see a couple of Zeitgeists waiting for you.

According to a trading card you read one time Zeitgeist uses a magical or scientific time belt to loop himself through time and effectively summon duplicates, as well as pull of freakish temporal martial arts moves.

"Oh, you're early" says Zeitgeist
"Its an honour to work with you sir." you reply. "Where's Kid Retcon?"
"Who?"
"Your sidekick"
"I've never had a sidekick"
"Oh, my mistake. What do you need?"
"We've got three nasty little time-ghosts haunting up the lab something rotten. Montage, Retro and Eternity. They're bad enough on their own, but together, damn! Montage can skip time forward, and you won't be concious of anything that happened in the intervening period. She's hooked herself up to a big dish so her powers can affect the whole city at once and they are holding Christmas Day ransom. Retro is a disgruntled ex-timecop I can't seem to shake off me, I think he's only involved so he can get to me. Eternity must be there to keep everything straight, she's temporally locked, can't be affected by any time powers, or anything for that matter. If you see her, don't try to attack her directly, just redirect her or tie her up or something. Don't worry about trying absurdly dangerous stuff, she can't ever die.
"Wuh, what, Christmas to ransom?"
"Yeah, if the city doesn't pay one hundred million dollars by midnight, Montage will skip the whole city right past Christmas Day, probably straight to the bit where everyone has a hangover and indigestion. Only problem is nobody will remember the good time that caused them. Also a lot of kids will be heartbroken."
"Uh, ok, that makes sense, but why me?"
"I'd like to say its because you're an up and coming plucky young hero with everything to prove, but to be honest its because everyone else is busy. I'm lucky, I can just send one of my timelooped selves off to make merry while I deal with this mess and eventually I'll be him, but everyone else is either getting in some quality joy and goodwill or they're off fighting even worse stuff. I would have asked someone from Team Incredible but apparently they got an All Points Bulletin from the Captain to fight of an alien invasion over the North Pole. So I chose you, Cape Girl gave you a decent reference for what its worth. She's a good kid, I trust her judgement"
"But, uh, what do I do?"
"Just do what comes naturally. You can't overthink timetravel or you end up like Retro."
"Uh, ok."

Both Zeitgeists run into the building. What do you do?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »
Hmm, first of all, what's a World Vulture?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2011, 03:25:38 am »
You're pretty sure you've never heard of a World Vulture before. Sounds like a load of Baloney to me. Wouldn't hurt to ask your old superhero buddy Retcon though.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2011, 05:14:54 pm »
Make sure your watch is working so that you can know what the time if stuff gets timeline-y.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2011, 02:03:52 am »
You check your watch. Eighty past Three, 1985. Yup, workin' fine.

You hesitantly head inside the laboratory building. The lobby shows signs of a fight. There are three unconcious Zeitgeists strewn around that you can't seem to rouse back to conciousness. All the clocks have been destroyed in various ways, you see what looks like the end of your cape dissapearing around a corner and through a doorway. This is already confusing the hell out of you. There are two doors leading deeper into the facility. One towards the office complex and one towards the research hub.

Better choose wisely.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2011, 08:07:15 am »
Naturally the office complex is much more likely to reveal the secrets of what's going on here.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:56 am »
You brace yourself for a time-headache and head into the office complex. You walk down a short stretch of corridor and pass the same water cooler six times. You eventually realise there's something bad going on and take a left, emerging in a large cubicle farm in which four Zeitgeists and Kid Retcon are engaged in a pitched battle with a woman in a purple costume with a 'skip scene' logo from a remote control on it. Seems likely this is Montage. Also fighting are a bunch of henchmen. Two of them notice you and break away from trying to hit Zeitgeists to engage you in personal combat.

You use your powers to smash open a water cooler and make a water hammer. What do you do?

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »
Shout "Looks like you're out of time!", then rugby tackle Montage.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2011, 02:57:44 pm »
"Looks like you're out of time!"

All the Zeitgeists start laughing. So does Kid Retcon. So does Montage and her henchmen.

"Pfffhahaha!" laughs Montage, "Awwww, its baby's first pun! I'm going to put this one on the accelerated learning program"

"Aww horsefeathers!" Says Kid Retcon (he's a time traveller from the 30s, he's prone to saying stuff like that) "She's gonna montage us 'cuz of you"

Just as you're about to tackle Montage she puts a hand to her temple and there's a flash of light.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M</a>

You black out for a second, when your vision returns two of Montage's goons both simultaneously punch you in the face.

You're on the other side of the room, Montage pushes you over, one of her goons was crouching behind you, you go over backwards.

You're tied to an office chair and being spun around while time-villains beat on you.

Zeitgeist catches you just as you were about to fall off the roof of the building. Just as he hauls you up onto solid footing again a guy in a silver suit impales him from behind with a silver spike extending from his arm and they both dissapear.

You wake up tied to an office chair and shoved in a stationary cupboard. That... that was confusing as hell. You make a mental note to never ever ever go anywhere near Montage ever again. Seriously, you're pretty sure you saw Zeitgeist die... or something. This is the worst Chrismas ever!

What do you do?

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2011, 03:57:18 pm »
Panic mindlessly into your headset.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2011, 04:56:04 pm »
Tied up in a stationary cupboard? Time to use the ol' warm applejuice trick.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »
Loudly proclaim that you have broken free, then turn invisible.  When a goon comes to check on you, he'll never see the swift kick to the goon-nads coming.
Probably not a Goat, either.