Author Topic: Atlantis and SG1  (Read 7101 times)

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Atlantis and SG1
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:39:57 pm »
Being in the Great South Land of Oz can be a real drag sometimes.

Just last Sunday, one of our commercial networks started airing SG-Atlantis...and stopped airing SG1.
I understand Atlantis has been out for some time in the US?

Anyway, what do people think of Atlantis as opposed to SG1?

And does anyone know if SG1 is continuing along side Atlantis? So far I haven't heard anything on this front.

Oh, and try not to give away too many spoilers, I've only seen one Atlantis episode so far :P ;D

+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlantis and SG1
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 11:08:43 pm »
Ever since Atlantis started, they've been airing SG-1 Episodes right before it. I wouldn't trade SG:A for SG-1 any day. Long live Richard Dean Anderson!

p.s. You could probably have put this in the SG-1 thread.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:14:01 pm »
That's what I thought. What I'd like to know though is if SG1 is still under production. I'd hate to see it die.

ps. I know, but I like being special.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:16:01 pm »
As far as I know it still is. Season 9 of SG-1 just finished right beside Season 1 of SG:A. I may have the wrong season numbers though  :-[
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 11:30:17 pm »
That's OK. It's great news actually with so little else like it around these days.

There is Battlestar Galactica, but that seems a bit off to me. Not gonna stop me watching it though.

You wouldn't happen to find McKay exceedingly annoying would you?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 02:14:37 am »
Of course I do, my favorite episdoe is when he's trapped in the personal force field generator. Go read the other thread, you'll get caught up.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 04:05:16 am »
I understand Atlantis has been out for some time in the US?
Anyway, what do people think of Atlantis as opposed to SG1?
And does anyone know if SG1 is continuing along side Atlantis? So far I haven't heard anything on this front.
Oh, and try not to give away too many spoilers, I've only seen one Atlantis episode so far :P ;D

I watched all of the Atlantis episodes, I liked it personally and I haven't seen much of Stargate.  It's not on now, not sure if it will be back for another season or not. 

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 03:44:39 pm »
As far as I know it still is. Season 9 of SG-1 just finished right beside Season 1 of SG:A. I may have the wrong season numbers though  :-[
Season 8 of SG-1 and season 1 of Atlantis both finished last Friday. Both season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis are (to my knowledge) under production.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scaryfrog

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 06:57:18 pm »
i am also a australian diehard Stargate fan. ;D ;D
i watched the Stargate atlantis movie lenght realise, it seems to be fairly desenct although the lack of the normal crew upsets me.
No normal crew means no Tealk and no Tealk means no more INDEED! :o :o.

But i do like the new bad guys, forgot there name (although the name is some halo vehicle well thats what i remebered).

also in more resenst SG-1 episodes (well at least the one realeased in australia) Tealks hair scares me lol ::)

EDIT: i think we need a AUS thread and a US thread for us that are behind and dont wont to be told what happens and so we can discuss "recent" episodes.

for austalians ive notices channel 7 has recently got many good shows and seems to be making a turn aroun from previous years i greatly enjoy the thursday night line up "The Amazing race, Lost, then many hours of stargate" altough ive been told this is being moved around in current weeks. at one point they had i think 2-3 hours of stargate on once a week which was rather annoying for us which have to wake up early.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 07:06:51 pm by Scaryfrog »

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 07:57:53 pm »
I too will miss the incessant INDEED! And the hair is mildly disturbing, even Jack comments on it (a few times) in one episode. It was the one (or two) where he last got his head injected with Ancient knowledge and after waking up he says "What's with the hair?" several times :D

Anyway, bad guys are call 'the Wraith'. Very cool design so far, though the ultimate evil chick was overdone (especially the dentures) it worked really well.

And, as always, thier programming is completely unintelligable. Apparently they may not be showing the LAST EPISODE of season 8 SG1 until later this year. And in the meantime they're working through Atlantis. Afaik Lost is getting moved to another day but I don't know where I heard that.

Offline Scaryfrog

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:57:16 pm »
my initial respons after seeing the wraith for the first time was "just as a joke i hope they have Marilyn Manson guest star as a wraith that would be super cool."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 09:09:17 pm by Scaryfrog »

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 01:15:35 am »
That'd be hilarious.

Maybe they'll do it for a season closer or something :)

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 11:57:01 am »
I can't even remember the season closer.. that's sad.  Must not have been too memorable. Guess that means I won't be telling anyone what happens.  ???

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 02:06:45 pm »
I was travelling during the last episode of Atlantis and the tape that my friend's wife recorded it on ended just as

SPOILER

Major Shepard said that he was going to pilot a Puddle Jumper armed with a nuke from the Genai into a Wraith hive ship.

END SPOILER

As you can imagine, I was VERY pissed off.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 02:11:05 pm »
Ok, I don't remember that so maybe I didn't see the season ender after all.. thought I had Tivo'd them all.. oh well.