Author Topic: [RG] Three Dimensional Map of the Reborn Galaxy  (Read 30861 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: [RG] Three Dimensional Map of the Reborn Galaxy
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 12:58:13 am »
( I would say if nobody can name anything about something and we aren't taught about it at all, then as a matter in general it has effectivly been removed from history. just a thought. has no bearing)

The descendants of the tribesmen who got kidnapped and put in a zoo by late twentieth century Americans would just love to meet you, just sayin'.

oh, and this is totally a reboot.

Is this true?

If so, move on.

What I was against was the razing of the OG and RG.

What initials are we gonna use as markers "[  ]" ?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 01:12:24 am »
Every single time anyone has ever tried to make a new galaxy with special initials after the RG they failed and their projects died. I suggest we avoid this curse and continue with [RG], because what I'm trying to do here is just give the main timeline a really good polishing. It could count as a reboot, but let's not attract the wrath of the initial gods by breaking their Seventeenth Commandment or whatever. Besides, this is the Reborn Galaxy being reborn. What the heck d'you call that?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 01:16:15 am »
Or we could forego initials. The RG is dead now and a new galaxy is being made. Wouldn't it be easiest to have no initials like they did in the OG before the RG and the RG before the NC and NG and all that other crap?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 01:26:20 am »
Hrm, hmm, mmrnmhrm. You make a darn good point!
So how about those dimensions I proposed, and the Torpals? Eh?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 01:28:28 am »
I'm fine with the dimensions and torpals, maybe a bit more outer-mid section of the galaxy so my species can remain in an outskirty type region. So long as everyone else is fine with it that is.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 01:21:39 am »

The Communicant War-Era Torpals don't strike me as one who would do that kind of thing. There'd have to be a clear military threat for them to riot or go to war with their allies.

Maybe you can make it something more along the lines of the Union get thrown into a civil war, again. As usual, this is gonna spill out and affect everyone else. One of the factions could be reasoned to have Anti-Torpalian tendencies, and proceed to wage war with the Torpals, with the false idea that the Communicant War crippled them enough to be easy pickings.

Surprise, they aren't and the Torpal gets drawn into the whole conflict as well.

On the other end of civilization, Communicant stragglers, the Mon Krai and other Communicant Allies are rebuilding their military. Seeing the whole mess in the outer rim as an opportunity, they strike, mutually annihilating each other for the most part.

As for the Wexxians in the Shadow Station that were left to watch over the galaxy, they could only assassinate so many people, and at this state there really isn't anything that can be done without slugging it out with the others using traditional armies, something which the Shadows just aren't numerous enough for.

This also easily explains why the Galactic Senate doesn't exist anymore.

Basically, Space-OP Unthinkable gone terribly, terribly wrong.

As for the dimensions, sure.

How this could be translated to a radial system for the 3D map I'm not sure, but I'll try. After all, different projection types exist in real life, so it wouldn't be much of a problem. Maybe we could just explain it off as different map companies, which kinda makes sense, actually.

Also, for those wondering about stuff like colony ships or deep-space patrol/exploration fleets, I might also include them, seeing that most Kratair actually live in ships instead of star systems.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 01:25:58 am »
maps are hard. lets go hiking.

The descendants of the tribesmen who got kidnapped and put in a zoo by late twentieth century Americans would just love to meet you, just sayin'.

I AM a descendant of the tribesman who got banished and massacred by early 19th century Americans.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 01:38:57 am »
I AM a descendant of the tribesman who got banished and massacred by early 19th century Americans.

You're an Igorot?

The First Philippine Republic lost to the US and that's why these things are never heard of anymore, which is my point.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:41:15 am by Yuu »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 01:50:41 am »
Yuu, I think he means Native Amerindian.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 02:27:40 am »
Yuu, I think he means Native Amerindian.

I am quite aware of that.   :)

My point was that there have been a lot of victims of society-tolerated abuse throughout history that have unfortunately been covered-up because the victims lost the conflict.

Crazen's comment earlier just happened to resonate with that so I just pointed it out as a reminder. The more you know, etc, etc.   :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:16 am »
Listen, Yuu... For what it's worth as a Pacific American, I feel total and absolute SHAME for the atrocities my ancestors committed against yours. The First Philippine Republic should have been the only, and... Well, I'm not too good with words so you can look up Mark Twain and let him express things in a much more eloquent manner. Seriously though, the black bow tie really should have laid in that wardrobe unworn forever. Go Philippines. And go whatever Crazen is.

*A-hem*

So!

The Communicant War-Era Torpals don't strike me as one who would do that kind of thing. There'd have to be a clear military threat for them to riot or go to war with their allies.

Maybe you can make it something more along the lines of the Union get thrown into a civil war, again. As usual, this is gonna spill out and affect everyone else. One of the factions could be reasoned to have Anti-Torpalian tendencies, and proceed to wage war with the Torpals, with the false idea that the Communicant War crippled them enough to be easy pickings.

Surprise, they aren't and the Torpal gets drawn into the whole conflict as well.

On the other end of civilization, Communicant stragglers, the Mon Krai and other Communicant Allies are rebuilding their military. Seeing the whole mess in the outer rim as an opportunity, they strike, mutually annihilating each other for the most part.

As for the Wexxians in the Shadow Station that were left to watch over the galaxy, they could only assassinate so many people, and at this state there really isn't anything that can be done without slugging it out with the others using traditional armies, something which the Shadows just aren't numerous enough for.

This also easily explains why the Galactic Senate doesn't exist anymore.

Basically, Space-OP Unthinkable gone terribly, terribly wrong.

As for the dimensions, sure.

How this could be translated to a radial system for the 3D map I'm not sure, but I'll try. After all, different projection types exist in real life, so it wouldn't be much of a problem. Maybe we could just explain it off as different map companies, which kinda makes sense, actually.

Also, for those wondering about stuff like colony ships or deep-space patrol/exploration fleets, I might also include them, seeing that most Kratair actually live in ships instead of star systems.
I'm feeling a bit tired right now and I love the way you explain things so vividly, so would you mind informing me about what the Union was, who was in it, who in it was anti-Torpal, what the Shadow Station was, what and where the Galactic Senate was, what OP stands for, and whether we're using blobs or circles, preferably circles?

In the meantime I'll do that myself anyway, or perhaps more important stuff. I dunno.

Oh, and a good chunk of the map will be unexplored, giving us ample space for new species and areas!

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 03:48:26 am »
While you guys are doing that... On the outer edge of the space we are using can we have my Quadratic Star system, the closest other stars to it being 6 LY away.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 04:09:44 am »
Alright, sure thing! Howzabout I put the species in locations that correspond very generally to their places on the ex-map? Oh, and let's make location names for areas and nebulae, like the Classical Expanse or Outer Verge! You know, like in Mass Effect! Yeah!

So, circles or blobs? Again, I'm in favor of circles.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 05:44:04 am »
the Union was, who was in it,

The Grand Union, Enlightened Republic/Union, Liberal Union, or simply, the Union is an old alliance of civilizations composed of many Golden and Silver Age nations.

While generally well-meaning, they have this unfortunate tendency to experience massive civil unrest between its members, for a number of reasons.

Not surprisingly, the term "Union" has been turned by some RPers into some kind of jinx.

who in it was anti-Torpal,

While no one is specifically Anti-Torpal as far as I can recall, the vast diversity of political opinion within the Union makes it the likeliest to foster a faction that is both Anti-Torpal and has the firepower to back it up.

Basically, the Union is always just one massive internal conflict away from becoming pretty much anything, politics-wise.

what the Shadow Station was,

The Shadow Station is a highly secretive militarized space station owned by the Shadows. The Shadows are an organization created for clandestine intelligence collection, intelligence analysis and covert tactical response. Originally founded by the Wexxian Avenger - Lord Axon after the Reclamation, the Shadows broke apart from the Wexxian Nation around the time of the Exodus and became their own faction, becoming the sole Wexxians left in the Galaxy until the Tri-Wexxians' return.

The station is hidden somewhere in the galaxy, its location known only to the Shadows. It acts as the HQ and home of all Shadows and Shadows in training. It is also completely self sufficient and capable of housing a lot of stuff.

Other than the cloaking shields, I think it also has a single large offensive weapon for emergencies, though I kinda forgot what it was like other than it operated via the latest Zero Point Technology they had at the time.

A little piece of trivia: The Shadows were originally, and are possibly still, purely Wexxian. However, Jack has stated that other races might get an invitation if their performance is good enough.

what and where the Galactic Senate was,

The Galactic Senate is basically a space station located somewhere in politically neutral space. It houses the Galactic Senate, a forum created from representatives of numerous races and civilizations.

They create and pass laws which must be obeyed by all members. Examples of issues that were discussed were laws on uplifting, foreign aid and the minimum budget for certain public services.

It's more or less a Space-UN.

There's an off-shoot of this called the Galactic Security Council or something to that effect, though it's not really something of note.

what OP stands for,

Operation.

Operation Unthinkable.

Churchill wanted to wage another war just after one of the bloodiest war in history.

and whether we're using blobs or circles, preferably circles?

It's kinda hard to explain using text.

This pic shows it best:

I'll use transparent spheres to achieve the same effect.

As for nebulae, I'll try and see what I can do. Haven't used SE in ages, so I'm still kinda relearning the ropes.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 05:55:49 am »
Er, no. This map is on a larger scale than Spore, and even if you only draw circles from key systems it's still a pain to draw all of them! Besides, at a bigger scale it just gets all amoebic.

I'm just going with spheres of influence.