Author Topic: The Softboiled SciFi RP  (Read 11235 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The Softboiled SciFi RP
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 03:21:19 am »
Moe rounded a corner as he glided through the halls. Soon he noticed an open door with a suspicious amount of tracked mud outside the threshold. Not one to just ignore such an inviting scene, he strolled right into what looked like the parliament of scruffy convicts.

"What's going on in here? I noticed a whole mess of dirt outside, and if you-" His words were cut short when a muttering Draak began to scream "It's right there! Just like the bad docs! With the beepin' things, and the needles and all! Look at the lights! They're glowin'! Lookit them glow, just like in the room!" His scaly fingers seemed to be indicating Moe's smooth crystal eyes.

One man looked very disturbed by the Draak's nonsensical ramblings and grabbed a container of sulfuric acid on a shelf nearby, knocking over a few chemicals onto the floor in the process. He threw it at the unexpecting Moe, who quickly rolled over to dodge the dangerous vial and grabbed a metal pole lying on the ground. The violent man began to back away but received a sound whack to the head by the Scopulan, prompting him and the others to flee.

"Stupid unpredictable squishies... Hm?" Gunshots echoed through the corridors. As solid lead was significantly less corrosive than H2SO4, Moe swiftly glided over the linoleum and down the hallways to see the source of the noise, stumbling onto what looked like a couple of human law enforcers examining the convict he previously gave a cranial beating to.

"Carbon officers, I work at this facility. Would you mind informing me as to what exactly is going on here?"
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 06:34:44 am »
"Prison break, brick face." Jim spoke loudly as he caught up with the rest of the group. "APD called us in to deal with it. I'm Jim and they're everyone else. Unless you're one for tracking down criminals I suggest you head out to the landing pad and wait for us to finish. There's only..." the Captain stopped for a moment and looked around, counting, "Four left. Shouldn't take too long. Half of them seem to have had their brains fried anyway. You didn't see anyone else, did you?"

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36:58 am »
"Thanks," Otto said to Andy as he was hoisted back up on his feet. "It was the sniffer. I waved it by him and it beeped which set him off. That reminded Otto to check the sniffer, which had fallen to the floor. After picking it up and looking at it, Otto let out a whistle.

"Well that's interesting... There's a number of strange compounds in higher than normal volumes, even for a creature of his race. We should check the other convicts we come across, see if the results are the same as this guy."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 10:11:35 am »
"Yeah, they're undergoing treatments, remember?" Jim said to Otto. "It was in the briefing. Anyway I guess that one wasn't finished. A few of the others seem to be further along though. They were probably brought along for the ride by the others. Anyway, let's get this show on the road. If you're not helping us head to the ship, Rocky. Otherwise stay near someone with a gun and keep your head down. Remember, just four more to go and we can haul them back to their home."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 10:37:09 am »
"Right," Otto said, looking over the readings. "That would explain that whole thing." Otto looked over the convicts and the new rock creature that had shown up.

"So do we have any idea where the others are, or should we split up into groups to cover more ground quickly?"

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 11:49:32 am »
Sauls incapacitated his unwilling to talk convict and returned to the group, "They don't seem particularly dangerous. If we go in groups, we can hunt them all down faster. Of course, if we go in groups, that's fewer people to keep the lizard in check," Sauls said with a smile.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:37 pm »
"Don't worry about that. Me, Scales, Otto, and Rocky will go left. You lead the others to the right, Sauls. Now let's finish this up. Those jet skis are calling my name."

Giving the rest of the team a thumbs up, Jim and his small group headed their way while the others remained to go about their part of the mission. Unbeknownst to the mercenaries, three of the prisoners were listening in on the conversation from the security office down the rightmost hallway. Their leader was an older Draak with glasses. He clutched a handgun and stared at the video screen. His compatriots also had handguns and were clearly in a proper state of mind. No black marks and no bandages to be seen.

"My kinsman is going the other way, it seems. That means we might have a chance. Get into position. Leave the human doctor for me... he's probably one of them."

Sauls' team waited until the Captain was out of earshot before they began coordinating their plan, unaware that they would be walking into a well-orchestrated trap. Meanwhile, Jim and his team pressed onward down a long, quiet corridor.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »
Sauls cracked his neck and motioned for the others to follow to the right, "Well let's get this over with, can't have the Captain missing his jet skis for too long." When the team came to the end of the hallway, Sauls leaned against the door, trying to listen for anyone on the other side. Unable to hear anything, he motioned for the team to follow as he slowly opened the door and entered the next room, his pistol drawn.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »
The room that Sauls' team had entered was a large laboratory area. Several long counters cut along its length and the walls were home to all sorts of storage containers and equipment. Two catwalks ran overhead and led to the dark security station, accessible by a stairway on the far side of the space. A giant garage door was built into the leftmost wall and dozens of crates were stacked neatly, waiting to be picked up in the morning and shipped out.In the center of the room was a computer monitor that seemed to be compiling test results, as well as a soft drink bottle that was with condensation. Otherwise everything was normal and the room appeared empty.

As the team surveyed the area a loud click came from behind and echoed about the seemingly-deserted chamber. They had just been locked in.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 06:20:43 pm »
Johnny spoke for the first time this mission, "God ****ing damn it. Sauls, you just lead us into a bloody ****ing trap." He walked over the the bottle and sniffed it, drinking it after he was satisfied that it was not toxic. He wandered over to the crates and pushed one to the side.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 06:28:16 pm »
Shaking his head in wonder, Kryyzen tuned out much of the conversation that Jim, Otto and the others were having. Instead his eyes narrowed on the strange living rock creature that had entered the room. 'What.. I dont... how... thats just ridiculous...' The thoughts raced in his head until he heard the captain call out his little nick name, "Scales, Otto, Rocky...."

Snapping out of his wonder, Kry nodded, "Hmph, splitting them from me is practically a death sentence captain, but if you insist." He added as they parted away from the group and continued down their path until they came upon a steel door. "Well, since last time I know some of you threw such a fit, shall someone else do the honors?"
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 07:59:16 pm »
"Certainly, Scales. These little allegorical names we've been assigned are rather insightful, no?" He was met with a blank stare, something he took as negative with the humanoids (but par for the course among his own kind, naturally). "Right then. Perhaps if I apply a little force here-" His cybernetic arms gripped the door tightly, visibly crumpling the metal panels. "And the final touch..."

Moe whirled around like a rogue bowling pin, causing a few of the others to jump back in alarm. As he neared 360 degrees in a second, his heavy body jumped forward and slammed into the door, completely removing and launching it several yards forward into the room that lay before him. As he righted himself he caught sight of what looked like a convict running behind a large piece of lab equipment. Indeed, this seemed to be an extension of the previous area, probably more secret. Not that a newly hired hand like himself would be aware of such things.

"What is this machine? It resembles some sort of Erlenmeyer flask with a mess of pipes and catwalks connected...Perhaps the central computer system? Oh dear, it seems like this room has an awful lot of good hiding places, doesn't it? Best be on our guard, poetic carbon comrades."
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 08:09:38 pm »
"Just one?" Jim mumbled, "Guess Sauls and his crew got the remaining three, eh? Right, this one looks scared so lets try not to kill him, okay? Scales?"

Online Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 06:24:44 am »
Andy pulled out his palm computer "I'll see if we can get this door open. Keep me covered."

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 10:00:02 am »
"Johnny, settle down and put that bottle back.  You should know better than to drink from open containers in a chem lab." James barked as his eyes sweeped the room, examining potential points of cover, rifle raised.  While the door locking could have just been an automated system, it was very likely they had wandered into a trap.

Giving a quick nod to Andy as he moved to try to get the door reopened, slowly moving furthur into the room, staying near cover.  "Trap or not we've got a job to do.  Sauls, help me clear the room.  Johnny, watch Andy's back."  James didn't like the situation they were in, but he didn't want to sit still in the open by the door and give their enemy the chance to strike.  If there was going to be a firefight, he wanted to make the first move.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net