Author Topic: [CoA] Lands of Auralon OOC  (Read 10924 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: [CoA] Lands of Auralon OOC
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 04:23:36 pm »
Well I tried.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:41 pm »
And indeed a great try it was. Those powercells and automatons are definitely playing a role!
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »
And now my guy is there.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »
Name: Arcold
Race: Vrin
Class: Paladin (Going by DnD terms here. Paladins are warrors who serve any god.)
Equipment: Duel wields a battle axe in one hand and a sword in the other. Also possesses a blessed amulet that acts as his holy symbol.
Backround: Arcold hails from the Vrinish tribes far to the north. He was raised essentially as any other Vrin: Sword in one hand, blessed symbol in the other. He is veteran of several battles, both with other tribes and from raids on other species, granting him a variety of trophies to add to his armor.

Arcold is currently on a pilgrimage, a type of holy journey where a Vrin usually travels alone to find himself, or be allowed to be guided by the gods alone. Currently, Arcold’s travels have taken him to Dartterkirk, and are drawing him towards the Giant’s ruins.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:26:04 pm by SimplyNecro »
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 09:36:00 am »
So, if you didn't notice, Castur is a little bit of a troll.

Oh, and his weapon is an odd combination of a crossbow and a nail gun. Each bolt is hand carved with a slight variation aerodynamically, meaning the weapon must be aimed slightly different with each shot. It is possible he had too much time on his hands at some point.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 09:44:18 am »
Name: Hurgigus Althar
Race: Pentekonterus
Class: Fighter
Equipment: A flail attached to his horns, and his own tail club.
Backround: Hurgigus comes from one of various Pentekonterus groups to the west, having undertaken a journey to challenge the strongest warriors in the world and defeat them. Now, he searches the ruins, having heard tales of powerful warriors who come here seeking treasures from the past.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »
Now would be a good time to post so you can confirm your existence. Then we can start the real adventure.

I'm not asking for a super long post...

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »
Well the gripe thread essentailly says why I'll be posting tomorrow.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 04:49:22 pm »
Since I assumed no one had any idea what to post, and because Badgerman's situation is understandable, I had just moved everything forward.

You can still mention anything special you have brought along or anything.

If anyone still wants to join now is a good time to meet up with the group. You can use the excuse that you where exploring the ruins and you meet by coincidence.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »
Just posted!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 10:22:58 am »
uh, dudes? this was going fine. why no post?
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 10:27:13 am »
I was going to wait a few more hours just in case Grox wants to join us again. I can just move on if you people want though.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 08:46:22 pm »
I was going to wait a few more hours just in case Grox wants to join us again. I can just move on if you people want though.
I'll see what I can do.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 09:11:12 am »
I do like to play my character as a real person. and most real people would find it a cause for alarm to see a man callously gun down a desperate homeless woman*, mock her afterwards, and then explain in no uncertain detail that he viewed it as a lesser lifeform not worthy of life, or even to be considered a person at all.

nice though. we have a group dynamic now. lets see what i've gathered so far.

Vor'kera, millitant hunter and a class supremacist. hurgigas, a being who is literaly just looking for a fight. Arcold as the authorital straightman on a mission. Yuta as Idontknowyetyougottapostmore. Castur as the empathetic heart.

*her name is Teresi Haper. she's 28. her mother died when she was an infant, triggering her unemployed father to lose his mind through the heavy use of illicit substances. when she was nine, he overdosed and died as well. after that, because child support did not exist, she struggled as a petty theif.
            upon reaching adulthood at 14, Teresi moved on to more risky and confronational attacks. she went through several relationships and has two children of her own now, three and four years old, and struggles to provide better for them than her father ever did for her, dead on the floor of a shanty.
            then she got shot in the lung.
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 09:21:13 am »
Arcold as the authorital straightman on a mission. 

Ironically, he was going to be an axe crazy berserker.

But then people started calling him the leader of the group and then I decided to make him a lawful evil proud warrior.

Yes, he is still lawful evil. Which is actually amazing among Vrin. Most of the time there all "Maim Kill Burn!"

Though Vrin like Arcold are the ones who become dangerously genre savvy Overlords.