Author Topic: [CoA] Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*  (Read 9120 times)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 12:33:47 am »
In the end, I guess I'll just have see how you work with it.

But like I said, it should not be something thats rare in a "Only the elite troops use advanced weapons" sort of way, it should be even rarer. Using an advanced weapon should be a big thing. Something that a child would later read in a fairy tale. (Note that most fairy tales in fantasy are real)

Or honestly, don't try too hard to complicate things, remember where returning to the age of fire and steel with a few twists.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:38:59 am by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 01:18:56 am »
How will we breathe?

A palce like Beyon would be semi-justifiable since they presumably have the tech and cash to distribute breathers and specially built infrastructure for everyone, but Derelict!Earth?   :-\

not that I don't like the idea, just askin'.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 08:56:42 am »

A Wizard Did it!

Kidding... but ya, seeing as this is earth it means all created races will have to be able to handle an Earth like atmosphere...

But who specifically would have trouble breathing?
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [CoA] Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 11:59:27 am »
Sadly, all I can think of are differences in oxygen and nitrogen levels. Not many folks around here are silicon-based or live on Titan-like worlds. We need to get more imaginative!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 12:08:04 pm »
I'm looking forward to getting this started! I've already got character ideas and such popping off in my brain, I'm so excited to put them into shape and flesh.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »
I'd so do this, considering that only the race's appearance and some culture is retained, not the tech. I'd like this.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 02:45:04 am »

Even among beings with the same biochemistry, just moderate changes in certain gas concentrations is highly detrimental. Unless all the Nitrogen-Oxygen breathers that we have live in eerily similar levels of gases, some races are bound to start dropping in droves.

Can we just make that magic earlier as an in-story reason? Otherwise, someone's gotta start waering gasmasks or live in sealed chambers 24/7.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 04:50:44 pm »
hey, why don't we start right now?
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 04:57:33 pm »
hey, why don't we start right now?

We will, I was just planning the RP a little.

Maybe I'll just make the OOC now?

Even among beings with the same biochemistry, just moderate changes in certain gas concentrations is highly detrimental. Unless all the Nitrogen-Oxygen breathers that we have live in eerily similar levels of gases, some races are bound to start dropping in droves.

Can we just make that magic earlier as an in-story reason? Otherwise, someone's gotta start wearing gasmasks or live in sealed chambers 24/7.

I don't see why we can't just magic it away. I mean come on? Countless fantasy realms get away with- *Necro suddenly looks up*

****! Everyone get down!

*Necro ducks into some rubble as a low hum fills the air. A large UFO with a crown on it passes silently over them, a search light swiveling below it looking for something. A few seconds later it passes overhead and disappears behind some ruins.*

Ok, that was close.

Countless fantasy realms get away with the fact that so many creatures, some of them not even native to the world can exist in the same biosphere.

In other words, more ridiculous stuff has been pulled off before.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:03:23 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:56 pm »
I don't see why we can't just magic it away. I mean come on? Countless fantasy realms get away with- *Necro suddenly looks up*

****! Everyone get down!

*Necro ducks into some rubble as a low hum fills the air. A large UFO with a crown on it passes silently over them, a search light swiveling below it looking for something. A few seconds later it passes overhead and disappears behind some ruins.*

Ok, that was close.

Countless fantasy realms get away with the fact that so many creatures, some of them not even native to the world can exist in the same biosphere.

In other words, more ridiculous stuff has been pulled off before.
Oh man, I lol'd hard.

Don't worry, this is fantasy. It isn't supposed to make sense by definition. If it did, the whole world economy would be like Egypt after Mansa Musa. I'm totally fine with it.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 05:02:38 pm »
I take it that we'll be more in the realm of fantasy than sci-fi for this, right?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »
I take it that we'll be more in the realm of fantasy than sci-fi for this, right?

Yup.

Maybe a little Sci-fi here and there.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:07:28 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »
the first  rp is in europe, right? probably the best place to include the most settings and races. do it.

then we can go to north africa heh...
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 03:03:26 am »
I'll take that as a yes.   :)

Also, Necro, do you know, by any chance, of this book?   :)

I was supposed to make a pun about a certain Orealyianis prince, but nyeh...  : p

Now, the kicker to all this is that Auralon is actually Earth and the Sky Giants where Humans (Common-Folk call them Sky Giants, the educated call them Humans. And the reason Humans gained the nickname “Sky-Giants” was because apparently where much taller than we originally thought. A full grown Photos would only reach up to a just above a Humans kneecap. This is subject to change if no one really wants this.)

Well, it does have some basis in previous depictions of the human race.   :D

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:16 am »
the first  rp is in europe, right? probably the best place to include the most settings and races. do it.

then we can go to north africa heh...

I had originally planned Washington DC because I had took a trip there recently and thus had an easier time visualizing it.

Everyone is "starting" in Europe/Asia/Africa to keep the politics easy. They know the Americas exist though, but there not completely mapped.

But maybe we'll go to Paris, or London, or Rome. *shrug* location isn't much of a problem.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:50:14 pm by SimplyNecro »