Author Topic: The Invasion OOC  (Read 2254 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
The Invasion OOC
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:53 am »
So yeah, I'm trying an RP where the Shadow invade everything. Kinda stepping in where TWCBN was, because I've got more time and such to do this with. That's not meant offensively, Yuu. It's just with you having work AND school, I've noticed you really don't have a lot of time for this, which is bad if you're trying to run a massive multi-rp... "thing".
But the premise is that the Shadow send out all these invasion fleets to strike all over the galaxy at once and try to do a Blitzkrieg-esque attack all over the place at once. My hope is that UFO and the rest of "y'all" will get involved :D
Anyway that's the plan so far.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: The Invasion OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:32 pm »
Eh, I'd rather have a plot. The description of a bunch of giant impersonal spaceships shooting antimatter at eachother just doesn't quite do it for me in this medium.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:00:11 pm »
Crazen's got a point. I like big ol' starship battles and all, but you've got to have a substantial plot to support it on. Here, "invasion" just doesn't cut it. Also, the Shadow's super-high-tech seems a bit too removed from reality, but that's just my own taste for relatively hard sci-fi. It's good, but we need more.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:39 pm »
Well hey, I'm just trying here. A lot of people here have conflicting tastes. Crazen likes deep character-driven plot, whereas I like to look more at the large-scale. You like hard sci-fi, I find that a hard pair of shoes to fill at times.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:58 pm »

super-high-tech seems a bit too removed from reality, but that's just my own taste for relatively hard sci-fi. It
thats been the cause of lots of commotion lately
and its not just for realism. sufficiently advanced aliens trivialize everything else: if your not a dues ex machina like half the , you have no influence whatsoever, and therefore probably have less fun (course, I'm doubly screwed because my people's combat tech never got more sophisticated than the 1920's.)

so basically, (and this applies to stories and props), the bigger the scale, the more boring, stagnant, and unapproachable it probably will be.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!