Author Topic: Earth in the RG Universe! OOC  (Read 3600 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Earth in the RG Universe! OOC
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »
Well, here y'go.
This is an RP idea I've been tumbling around my head for a week or two. What happens if our various races stumble across current-day Earth? What might be the reactions of our various races? What would be the reaction of we Humans?
Granted, it's a bit oddball, but hey, it could be fun, depending on how it goes.
Also, any roleplaying done for humanity, and I shall say this now as a precaution, shall not be done as us. Come up with someone similar to you if you so wish, but it'd be best to leave ourselves out of it, not only to safeguard our real life identities, but to prevent some really screwball paradoxial "hey I made u guys trololol" incidents.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Earth in the RG Universe! OOC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:05 pm »
No.

No Humans or Earth.

Besides, the Gamingsteve Galaxy isn't the Milky Way. The Milky Way is barred spiral while this is unbarred, not to mention roughly 10 times smaller in diameter.

Sorry, but this is simply a terrible idea. We know ourselves too well; there would be endless disputes over political reactions and the pros and cons of the Obama administration. It would degenerate into a horrible flame war, so I request we do not let this motion pass and instead keep the peace.

I'm not insulting you or your RPing skills, just this one idea.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »
Granted that there's the "No Humans or Earth" but this was intended as a separation from that, non-canon if you will.
Also the reason I felt Ok bringing this forth is that the few of us left in this (me, you, Yuu, Kitkat, and maybe Crazen) seem a bit over the devolution into the Obama-bashing.
Of course, on the political reactions, you'd be right, but I was more or less thinking on the smaller scale, and leaving the government to more ambiguous things (news broadcasts and other such minor background things). This wasn't mean't to be some serious, deep thing, just something to have fun with.
You do have valid points though. I'll wait for feedback from some others, and if they agree with you, I'll lock this up good and tight :)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:27:53 am »
How about, instead of a full-on RP, we make a bunch of one-shot "What If?" scenarios? Anybody could make a one-post (or maybe two) humorous little story chronicling what would happen if their race(s) stumbled across Earth. Since there canonically is no Earth in any of the GS galaxies (except for the very first one; Hydro confirmed that with the Nauceans going to Hawaii), the stories would be non-canon and possibly funny.
Since it would be non-canon, people would be able to make their stories silly and be able to write what they want without fear of backlash from horrendously critical nitpickers like UFO King and I.* Unless, of course, the story is absolutely terrible. But one would have to actively attempt to do that, so I don't think that noobs would be in danger.

*That's right. In an unprecedented move, I promise to not make any sort of angry or hurtful criticism whatsoever. You can make your entire race convert to Presbytarianism, or have Kosovo take over the world, and I'd be cool with that. Heck, it's not canon, why should I care? As long as it's not serious, go ahead with your infinitely improbable tale of the alien enabling of Jomhori Zioni Canada** or whatever.

**It means The Zionist Republic of Canada in Persian. Oh yes. You can do something that insane. Actually, that would be pretty funny, so I would encourage that kind of writing!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »
I don't like how you're promoting and exaggerating my old reputation...
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:48 pm »
I don't like how you're promoting and exaggerating my old reputation...
I think you're a natural-born politician!

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 10:34:23 pm »
i've actualy thought about this before.

Humans live too short and rushed for a graid to really relate to them, so they don't have much to say to us, though they do enjoy having another lush, varied world to explore and inspire.

Then Hnangha drinks Earth's crust up through a straw. The end.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 10:42:12 am »
Then Hnangha drinks Earth's crust up through a straw. The end.

...I think I wet myself.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 01:29:39 am »
I might do one of these some time.