Author Topic: Prince Of Persia: Revelations  (Read 1556 times)

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Prince Of Persia: Revelations
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:51:52 pm »
Has anyone played this?  I'm waiting for it to be shipped, and have been looking for reviews.  The ones I've seen of it, have been very average, 70-80%.  Most compare it to POP: Sands Of Time, a game which I never got round to playing ( too much Tomb Raider :).  It looks like it's the same sort of thing, though.  Puzzles, and platforms.

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
Re: Prince Of Persia: Revelations
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 03:39:44 pm »
You really should pick up Sands of Time.  The time rewinding is the coolest feature I've ever seen in a platformer, and overall the game was just extremely well done.  Enjoyable from beginnign to end.  I don't know how to praise a game better than that.

Revelations looks like a port of the sequel, which improved on the combat system a lot, was longer, and had more kinds of enemies, but had a really bad story, which is especially disappointing after the great one the first one had.  Was still a good game, but had none of the charm the first one had.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com