Author Topic: Age of Empires. 3.  (Read 11480 times)

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Re: Age of Empires. 3.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 04:08:56 pm »
I'm also looking forward to Empire at War and Battlefront 2. I'm intererested to see what they changed and added. Hope they keep the sweet sweet sound of a dieing wookie. -leeman
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 04:13:11 pm by lemurbouy »

Offline Greyleaf

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005, 10:23:58 am »
I was happ with Age of Empires two, but I was dissapointed the landscapes they showed in the screens could only be replicated over a small portion of the map, and nobody wold build a town there anyway. The main reason was because they placed dozens of "mountians" around the buildings, which made the terrain look complex. But in the real game they just looked out of place. The canyons in this game look beautiful, though, and I'm looking foward to some awsome, enoumous maze battles (I like making maps that make units travel for like an hour to get to the enemy's base, so that you have to plan far ahead.I hae it when they have super weapons or aircraft and destroy that whole stratagey.)

The graphics look good, and the havoc engin should be fun. I'm hoping the open up lots of options for your cities, and allow for extended multiplayer play. Optimally, for me, I like to run one city for a very long time, like sim city, and have more spread out, massive battles.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 10:18:08 am »
I agree with the lemurboy back on page 1, guns worked well in galactic battlegrounds, so I don't see a problem with them in some other AoE engine. Unfortunately, AoE3 does look like it's drifting away from the original 2. I read that you don't even have to drop off resources anywhere. I guess the villagers just throw the wood back to base or something. Not to mention the weird mother-country idea and the fact that you aren't really running a whole empire.

I was actually expecting napoleonic-type combat, not some sort of New World stuff. I wanted to lead the Swedes to victory over the Prussians like Gustavus Adolphus.

Offline tomberg

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2005, 03:14:26 pm »
back 2 age of empires 3 if it actually looks like that then thata is amazin!