Author Topic: Dark Days: A Zombie RP  (Read 9340 times)

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Days: A Zombie RP
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:36 am »
Marcus' nervous feeling had been dramatically vindicated just a few moments ago, as Arthur burst into the main hall dragging a wounded man behind him and shouting about the imminent arrival of the horde. The four agents had reacted at the first sound of distant screams, not wanting to cause a fuss they kept quiet and went to retrieve extra ammunition from their personal armoury, Rick had offered to go up the belltower and check out the courtyard situation, and the other three were waiting for him to report back when Arthur had returned.

"Looks like there might be some action after all chief"

"I think you might be right Adams, go fetch Mallon. Jackson, on me"

Marcus moved across the hall, eyes trained on the door, weapon ready at his side. There was a sound of banging coming through and some muffled screams.

"My team's on hand for a fight, Ezra."

The the screaming outside the door stopped but the banging persisted and seemed to be getting louder,

Jackson turned to Arthur;

"How many are out there?"

Meanwhile, Rick had made his way to the top of the belltower, the outlook was grim. It was difficult to guess the number of zombies and more were pouring into the courtyard every minute. There was one group fighting over the body of the zombie Travis had finished off earlier, they were moaning with a kind of moan Rick hadn't heard before, and with each call a few more zombies turned and started moving towards them. AS he was about to leave, he caught something fast moving at the edge of his vision, turning to look he was sightly relived to see it wasn't a running zombie, but he then came to the sad realisation that it was a girl fleeing from an open door at the front of the residential building, about ten zombies shuffled out after her as fast as they could. The panicked girl could have easily escaped if she had been looking where she was going, instead she tripped over a loose paving slab and landed face first of the floor, a couple of nearby zombies dived at her as soon as she fell.

Rushing back to the chapel hall Mallon ran into Adams,

"There's hundreds of them,"

"They're in the residential hall, and we've got a man down,"

"I know, lets go. You ready for this Rookie?"

"I'm not really sure Mallon, but I guess we'll find out..."

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »
Weaver just sat hunched over looking at his swollen hands, his eyes were open but he wasn't there, everything happened so fast he was still trying to process it all. He didn't know what he was supposed to feel, whether or not he should be thankful and relieved, all he felt was a sharp stinging guilt. He was alive, but at the cost of how many other lives? Weaver wasn't sure exactly how many and if he was to be honest with himself, he didn't want to know. If that guy in the suit hadn't opened the door and rescued him, he would be dead, or worse. Gavin shivered at the thought. But now zombies were inside part of the chapel and the faces of those that were swarmed were forever burnt in to his mind. he blamed himself, he should have come before nightfall.

Now more people were going to risk their lives to fix his mistake, he wanted to do something, anything to help. But he could barely even close his hands, the blood had stopped dripping from his forehead, but the pain throbbed and left him feeling a bit dizzy, no heroics were going to come from him right now, that much was clear.

Awaking from his stupor, he quickly stood up and tilted to side letting his ruck sack slide from his body, he was about to bend down and attempt to open it but was met with the end of a rifle tucked neatly under his chin, barrel pushed right against his throat. "Hey take it easy, if you really don't want me to move then fine, but I have food, bottled water and a first aid kit in there, take it and ration it out to whoever needs it" He said lightly, his voice was still cracking and hoarse. The guard lowered his rifle eying Gavin suspiciously, but he did as he was asked and motioned for someone to empty the packs contents and take them away.

Gavin sat back down, slowly. He noticed he was getting quite a few dirty looks and threatening stares from other people inside the chapel, he figured they blamed him for the disaster as much he blamed himself. Combine that with the fact he has had two guns pointed at him in the span of ten minutes and he started to wonder if he had been safer outside all along.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:08:49 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 07:27:56 pm »
Arthur had been told to sit tight for a bit and recover, so he hurried over to the kitchen. It hadn't hit him until that moment that he was actually still pretty hungry. He scraped the bottom of the spaghetti pot with a large forked ladle and brought up a few soggy noodles. Topping them with some cold sauce, he walked back out into the main part of the chapel and made for the door to resume his guard duties. It was then that he spotted the man who he'd rescued a short while earlier. Sighing, he changed course and approached the guard. Arthur was allowed to pass and he sat down next to the man. The look in his eyes confirmed what Ezra had said. Whoever this guy was, he probably had one hell of a story.

"Hey, don't look so down. It's not your fault, okay? I was there, name's Arthur, by the way. Those old doors weren't going to hold for long anyway. Besides, there was a second breach down the hall, too. Just be happy you're alive. Here. Soggy pasta and cold gravy. Get better, we're going to need everyone."

Placing the bowl on the floor near the man, Arthur gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, got back to his feet, and left.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:56 pm »
"Yeah," Harrison said as Chris came up to him. "A little backup never hurt anybody." Harrison glanced at the .44, knowing that it packed a punch.

"As for a plan, I have half a mind to just get out of this place, but that wouldn't be very nice, especially after what these people did. I think I'm just going to follow those guys," Harrison said, pointing at Ezra and the group of people he was leading to retake the residential area. "I think he knows the best way to the fight!" With that, Harrison fell in with the group.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:46 pm »
Ezra led the group into the now compromised residential building.  A few shotgun blasts quickly felled the few zombies in the first hallway.

"We've got three goals here, people.  Find anyone still alive.  Seal off the doors so more of these bastards don't get in.  Put down the ones already inside.  Oh right, and keep ourselves alive."

Ezra opened the first door they came to with a solid kick.  There was nothing inside small room but a few boxes of supplies.  "On to the next one!"
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »
Chris nodded as he followed Harrison to fall in with the group. He whispered to the rifleman, "Indeed, we stay here and help tonight, but seriously consider a new plan in terms of living situations, eh?" Chris then heard Ezra kick down another door, this one leading into a more open space of the residence hall with the walls cracked and windows broken. Infected were seen munching on some of the unfortunate who did not make it out.

Letting out a shot with his revolver from the back line, the closest infected head was blown clean off. However, the gunshot alerted the rest of the room. Chris sighed and muttered, "Well. Oh..."
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 12:07:04 am »
"I hear ya!" Harrison yelled since the guns were a bit deafening in the close quarters. He stepped in next to Chris and brought his rifle to bear on the closest infected. He pulled the trigger, nailing the zombie in the head and splattering what remained of it's brains on the wall.

This shot was even louder than the .44 and seriously made Harrison consider scrounging around for some ear plugs if he was going to be using this rifle on a regular basis. Then he got second thoughts when he considered the fact that he might not be alive within the next couple of weeks.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 09:18:02 am »
Arthur fell in near the back of the group as they made their way down the long corridor. The guys up front were doing good work of eliminating threats so he had yet to even fire his gun. At the intersection, Arthur and a few others turned right and headed for the door he'd left open a short while earlier. They were met with stiff opposition and immediately opened fire, pushing their way toward the large double doors.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »
The sweep of the residential hall was going very well.  Ezra and those who had been with the group for a while had this down to a science.  Demarcus was helping to put the finishing touches on the temporary barricade to one of the doorways the zombies had breached.  With a sigh he leaned against the wall.  Then he heard it.  The screaming zombie's voice finally broke to a whimper.  Over the groans of the rest of the mob outside he could hear a distant clanging noise, steady and rhythmic.

"Something's not right," he said to the rest of the group, frowning as he tried to figure out what the sound was.  "You guys start disinfecting the hallway, help out the group clearing the building if they need it.  I've gotta check something out."

Demarcus made his way back to the Chapel and climbed up to the bell tower.  A hunting rifle fitted with a night scope was kept here at all times so a lookout wouldn't have to make the climb back down in case he forgot a weapon.  Demarcus picked up the rifle and looked in the general direction of the noise.  Finally he caught sight of something metal moving back and forth.  No, wait, there were several metal things.  "What in the Hell...."

Demarcus flew back down the stairs to the Chapel.  "We've got to finish up in the residential hall fast as we can!  Double up the barricades!  We've got a big problem heading our way!"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »
"I knew this was going to be a strange night..."

It's what Arthur would have said to himself had he not been diving out of the way of a zombie with a stuffed monkey wrapped around its neck. He meant to roll but landed somewhat flatly on his stomach in an almost-empty dorm room. A lone female zombie was in there behind a pile of particle board furniture and when she saw Arthur, she lunged at him. He fired two shots into her pretty face and scrambled to his feet, only to be knocked back down by the zombie with the monkey. Arthur tumbled into the cheap Scandinavian furniture, sending splinters everywhere. With a zombie-like groan, Arthur kicked the beast back and rolled over. He hurled several pieces of wood at it while he felt around for his handgun. The zombie grabbed onto his leg with a white-gloved hand and seemed to laugh. And then the rest of Arthur's group painted the walls (and Arthur) with its brains.

Shouting expletives, Arthur was helped out of the mess of wood. He checked himself quickly, looking for any cuts of scrapes. Thankfully, between his long sleeves and long pants and the extraordinarily cheap nature of the wood he fell into, there were no woulds for the zombie guts to get into. Not that it made him feel any better. As he left the room he smacked the nearest survivor in the back of the head.

"Next time just push it out of the way... don't you remember how the infection spreads!?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 04:02:52 pm »
Panicking slightly, Arthur moved in closer with the group rather than being in the back. After watching in horror as Arthur was attacked, he haphazardly let a shot go, blowing the zombies head off, almost hitting Arthur. Wide-eyed, Chris kept that tid-bit of information to himself. It was then he heard a sound he hoped would never come.

Thud. Thud. THUD!

It was the front door to the chapel, the zombies were closing in. He turned to Harrison whilst reloading from his satchel, "I sure hope you got more ammo..." He then turned to the entirety of the group with a smirk, "All of you..."
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:24 pm »
"Me too," Harrison said to Chris as he heard the thumping. But instead of double checking that, he hurried over to where Demarcus was with a group of other people. They were now all working on building up the barricade. At this point, Harrison put that as his number one priority. Guns and ammo wouldn't matter much if they had too many zombies to shoot.

Harrison slung the rifle over his shoulder and helped one of the people pick up a large desk that had been sitting in the corner of the room.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:22 am »
Marcus led his team room to room down the parallel corridor to the rest of the group, it was easy to pick off the zombies in a confined spaces, it was practically a zombie shooting gallery. The advance of the four trained combatants was rhythmic, two watching the hallway and two behind each clearing the rooms on either side of the hallway one after the other. They were still within earshot of the rest of the group, or at least they would have been if it wasn't for the noise of gunfire, so they had no idea if they were keeping up or not but Marcus and his team were nearly at the end of this  corridor, they'd loop back round and meet up on the other side.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »
"It's the Alpha Sig's... or what's left of em," Demarcus said as he caught his breath.  "Last year for homecoming they had a medieval theme.  I guess they found someone who could weld and made suits of armor out of empty kegs.  Looks like the idiots decided their armor was good enough to fight zombies in, and they were wrong.  There's about twenty of them heading this way, and those keg helmets are going to make it hard to get a headshot."

"But... something weird is going on.  They're definitely moving like zombies, one or two had arms missing.  But they're walking in formation.  It looked like one of them was beating on a keg like a drum with a leg bone.  I think we're going to have to set off the explosives outside when they get close."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »
Arthur and his group had sealed the door and were making their way back toward the main gathering when the football goons appeared. Coming up behind Demarcus, the politician gave his opinion, though he did it somewhat grudgingly. The years he spent crafting his public image had given him an aversion to talking about any potentially embarrassing things from his past.

"I was a frat boy once... learned an awful lot about kegs. Small arms won't do much but our people with higher caliber weapons shouldn't have much trouble at all. We used to plink at them out on the soccer fields in the weeks leading up to the semester... heh. There's only about... what, twenty of them. I don't think it'll be that difficult if we get this going now."