Author Topic: Dark Days: A Zombie RP  (Read 9332 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Dark Days: A Zombie RP
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:51 pm »
"Yeah, mornings aren't fun. Lots of familiar faces but never the ones you're looking for." Arthur added, pulling on the cigarette. "Excuse me, I'm going to go check on the new residential area. Gotta make sure it's sealed tight for the night."

Nodding to both men, Arthur walked off. He made his way through the compound toward the areas that had just been cleared. It never hurt to double check the doors and windows. What worked, worked. This area was mostly untested.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 01:18:45 pm »
Overhearing the conversation of Demarcus, the politician, and the newcomer, Christopher put his book in his satchel and raised from his bench and began to head over in there direction. He had been in this chapel community about three days and hadn't really addressed anyone here yet. He figured it was about time he at least became a name to the people in charge, just in case crap hit the fan.

He nodded as the politician walked away from the group and then introduced himself to Demarcus. "Hmph, agreed, mornings are always the most stressful, and most relieving parts of the day." He smirked and put out his hand, "My name is Christopher Leak, I overheard you are the one in charge here and I figured after 3 days it's about time to make myself useful. How can I help?"
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:30 am »
Marcus and his team all wore the cliche suit and shades outfit and carried a couple of shotguns and an assault rifle between them. The government issue weapons were a great deal better than most of the air guns and second hand hunting rifles that had found their way into the armoury. Walking around looking like this it was no suprise that someone would mistake them for the 'guards' of this little community, but Marcus didn't like to think of it like that, everyone just did what they could to help.

This scrawny looking kid was enthusiastic enough, the chainsaw was an odd choice, at least the guy could handle a handgun.

"Errr, thanks kid. You must be new, let me introduce myself, I'm Agent Marcus Lancet-Coburn, FBI, but you can just call me Marcus. These are my two agents, Jackson and Adams, and this is Agent Rick Mallon, CIA."

Marcus' spoke in a particularly strong New York accent, something that sounded out of place down in Memphis;

"That's an odd contraption you've got there, doesn't look much use to me but that Eagle on the other hand, mind if I take a look at it..."

Marcus inspected the gun, it looked like it had seen a fair bit of use and could do with a good clean, but despite that it was a good quality firearm,

"I wouldn't discount this thing so easily son, I'm surprised you've got the strength to handle it but you'd do well to keep hold of it. We're heading inside for the night, you should probably do the same."

Marcus turned to walk away, his team close behind.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:17:05 am by munchkin5 »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:15 am »
Travis kept pace with Marcus.
"I'd much rather have something smaller, less noisy, this thing's rather bad. Punches right on through. Sure, it's likely to take an arm off, but with only seven shots, you really have to place them well..." He slid the handgun back in the holster, after flicking the safety back on.
"Yeah, the chainsaw thing is a pre-outbreak doodad I built. Don't know why, but hey, stuff like that kept me busy in my off time. I just grabbed it and my Desert Eagle when I had to run for it. I really, really should change this gun out for something more practical. Or at the least take something more practical and use this as a back-up." He looked around at the large group of people coming in.
"So, how often does this place get attacked? I'd imagine with this many people here the zombies would be all over it. To think of it, this place doesn't look too reinforced or anything..."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »
Harrison looked over the not-so-newcomer as he introduced himself.

"Harrison," Gus said when Christopher introduced himself. After that he zoned out of the conversation although he stayed in place to make it look like he was listening. As he did so, Gus looked around the camp some more. There was quite a variety of people here. He wasn't sure, but he thought he heard a New York accent coming from somewhere. That's when he noticed more suits walking into the building. All of them were carrying heavy duty weaponry. Government, immediately flashed through Harrison's mind, unless they're just a well armed group of post-apocalyptic fanatics. You could never really tell in this day an age.

Try as he might, Harrison couldn't figure out why government agents would be in Memphis. In his mind, he always figured that people would be heading either south or to the Great Lakes. Really anywhere there was a large amount of fresh water. Harrison made a mental note to talk to the government folk soon before he turned his attention back to the conversation at hand.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »
The survivors all made their way into the chapel as night fell.  The spaghetti dinner that night was far from gourmet Italian, but even cafeteria food is a great comfort after a day out in a disintegrating city.

Outside, a single figure appeared at the far end of the courtyard.  He wore what had until recently been a respectable suit.  His red tie was tightly wrapped around his left forearm in what had been a futile attempt to keep the infection from spreading.  A metal sign scraped in the dirt behind him, held in an iron grip that lasted even through death.  Though splattered with blood and bits of flesh, it still clearly read:

REPENT!
THE END IS HERE!

As he shuffled through the courtyard, he caught sight of the steeple at the top of the Chapel.  Something clicked in what was left of his brain, and his shuffle increased pace.  He let out a happy groan, right before the ground gave way beneath him.  He fell into one of DeMarcus' traps, a waist deep pit surrounded by rolls of barb and razor wire.  The trap was far from lethal to the already dead, but he was too ensnared to climb out.  The pitiful creature let out a long howl, much more than the average zombie's vocal cords were capable of.  In the following silence, low groans could be heard from every direction as others followed his call.

It was going to be a long night.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 11:19:23 pm »
Arthur was sitting off toward a lonely corner of the chapel, keeping to himself. His small bowl of spaghetti had barely been touched. Instead, he was reading through an old newspaper and occasionally eying the door to the newly cleared residential wing. A few people had decided to move in early, despite protests from several of the other survivors. Arthur had been one of the naysayers and wanted to be extra sure that nothing came through. He turned the page, snorted loudly, and threw the paper onto the floor. The headline on the page six article read "Tuleget to Quit", which was a sour reminder of what had been happening before The Outbreak saved him from a messy PR campaign. Placing a foot on the headline, Arthur grabbed his bowl and started to eat.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:33 am »
Stupid, stupid, stupid! the same word pounded continuously through his head and was beginning to make it throb, his right foot made a rather large splash in a puddle, covering the lower portion of his blue jeans in mud as he ran full sprint through an ally way. Weaver had meant to be at the Chapel hours ago when he had first heard the broadcast, but true to his nature he had gotten side tracked in a couple convenient stores, filling his rucksack with whatever he could find.

Now it was nightfall and the undead, or infected, or whatever they were, Gavin didn't really know for sure, were coming out in force and here he was sprinting like a mad man in the center of it all. His heart was pounding in a neat rhythm with the painful throbbing of his temples. Sweat poured down his red sun burnt face as he left out a heavy breath of air only to suck in it just as quickly. He had stamina to be sure, but he had been running for over an hour now dodging the flesh eating creatures and he was beginning to tire.

He had to stop, if only a for a moment. He bent over with his hands on his knees gasping for a decent breath, he wiped the sweat from his brow on the sleeve of his brown jacket, his ears ringing with the eerie moaning of the slowly approaching monsters making him aware of just how close they were getting. Finally he looked up and saw the bell tower in the distance, it was the chapel, he was almost there.

Gavin took off full sprint, energy renewed at the thought of making it to a safe sanctuary, though as he ran his stomach lurched with fear, What if they are full up, what if they wont let me in? He tried to push away those negative feelings and focus on the task at hand.

Most of the zombies were easy to dodge, their slow shambling no match for someone running a reasonable pace, he had a close call every now and then and one even managed to grab his rucksack but Gavin quickly ripped it away and kept running. As he made it in to the court yard the change of terrain from concrete to mud threw him off and he slipped forward in to the ground sliding a few feet. He coughed and spit out the dirt he had forcibly eaten, his mouth hurt and he could taste blood coming from somewhere.

His muscles ached and he was tempted to just lie there for a few minutes, of course that temptation was quickly obliterated as he saw multiple feet taking awkward steps toward him. It was a struggle just to stand back up, he could see the courtyard was filled with signs and warnings, someone had trapped the place and trapped it well, and he could hear the loudest bloodcurdling scream he had heard from a zombie yet.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:37 am »
Harrison had finished his meal rather quickly, given the state that his stomach had been in. He hadn't had much to do after that, and he didn't feel like sitting around and making small talk with people he probably wouldn't know very long. Of course, there was always the opportunity to strike up a conversation with the government people, but he was going to wait until later for that.

In the meantime, Harrison made his way to the armory to check out the weaponry. Just as Arthur had said, there was a pretty good selection of weapons on hand. This actually didn't surprise Harrison too much, as he was in the South, or as close as he ever wanted to get to it. Harrison stepped over to where the rifles were lined up. This was his specialty. Something that had a little range so that he could hit things from a distance. The whole zombie business seemed rather dirty to him.

Harrison picked up a rifle and brought it up to his shoulder. Too heavy, he thought. It was some sort of World War II relic that obviously packed a punch, but would have been hell to carry around with him. Harrison set that one down before lifting up another.

Too light, he thought, grinning to himself. Even though it was a more modern rifle, he couldn't get past the impression that the thing would bounce around too much when taking shots. He set this one down and glanced over the to the other rifles. So this next one should be... just right!

But it wasn't. This one, like the first one was too heavy, and the iron sights looked like they had been damaged, which wouldn't have been a problem, but Harrison didn't want to mess around with something if he didn't have to.

The fourth one was the charm. It was a .30-30 Savage bolt action that had everything but a scope. Harrison owned a weapon very similar to this, but that was back home up north. When he brought it up to his shoulder it felt natural and he knew it was the one.

"Excellent," Harrison mumbled to himself as he grabbed a box full of ammunition and threw it into his bag.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »
"We don't get too much trouble here, and if you go out a few hundred yards the place is riddled with traps, but if the zombies decide they want to horde here there's not much we can do except bolt the doors and take pot shots from the steeple"

Inside everyone was already sitting down to eat, so Marcus and his crew joined them. The four men had their own room in the back of the chapel, even if it was noisy sleeping above the generator in the basement, it was still a lot more comfortable than staying in the main hall with everyone else. Marcus couldn't explain why but he felt uneasy about tonight, he made a mental note to double check his magazines before he went to sleep and finished up his spaghetti dinner.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 07:06:11 pm »
Knowing it was best to ponder the horrible shrilling sound at a later time, preferably one inside the nice safe fortified chapel and not in between a hungry horde in the mud and moonlight, Gavin resumed his run dodging all the traps noted by the signs. Finally he was less then ten foot away from the large wooden double doors of the chapel, with the undead accumulating in numbers behind him he didn't slow his pace and slammed headlong in to the doors with a loud resounding crack. When he opened his eyes he saw the awning above and a star filled sky, he was on his back and for a moment he feared that he had knocked himself unconscious.

It was a stupid thought, had he been out any longer then a second he would have woken up in pieces if at all. He rubbed the painful bleeding gash on his fore head and wiped the blood from his eyes. So stupid, of course the doors would be locked and likely barred, I'm an idiot

The shambling and moaning was getting louder, Weaver didn't need to look to know the horde would be upon him in less then a minute, he heard the zombies groans and various cracking noises as the monsters set off the traps, and a couple loud explosions went off that caused Gavin to cover his ears and close his eyes. But surely the traps wouldn't stop them all, he knew he had to get inside.

Jumping to his feet he began to pound on the door as hard as he could, each rapping left his hands ache more and more then the last but he would worry about that later, he had to make sure the occupants inside could hear him. "HEY, HEY LET ME IN!" he yelled and screamed two or three times until his voice finally cracked and he could muster nothing more then a low hoarse yip.

His hands were red and starting to swell, the pain was to much now, he couldn't knock anymore. He hoped whoever was inside had heard him. He huffed and puffed bent over with both palms pressed open against the wooden gateway to his  sought after sanctuary. Then he heard it, the loud sound of a shambling corpse stepping on to concrete, but he reacted far to slow and felt a strong yank on his rucksack, it happened so quick he couldn't even keep his footing and fell backwards at the heels of his flesh eating assailant.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:24 pm »
It was the faint crack beyond the door that caught Arthur's attention as worked through his cold spaghetti. He stopped chewing for a few moments and listened. An older woman nearby noticed this and approached, leaning in closely. Arthur turned and almost jumped, surprised to see the wrinkled face so close to his. In a low mumble, he spoke to her.

"Do you hear that...?"

"Yeah. Couldn't say what it was, though. Sounds a bit too fast to be one of them."

"Watch the door. If I'm not back in five minutes, lock it up."

Arthur removed a handgun from his waist and unlatched the large door. He stepped over the threshold and into the residential building. As he moved slowly down the hallway, he could hear raucous laughter coming from one of the rooms down the hall. It looked as if the people who had taken to this building only did it to party. They were probably too drunk to even hear the knocking at their door. Grumbling to himself, Arthur stopped at a four-way intersection and looked around. To the left was a recently-barred window facing the main entrance. A pair of guards hurried past and for the first time, Arthur noticed the piercing screams. Not good. Something was brewing. Straight ahead was a deserted hall with a light at the far end where the party was happening. A young couple sat in the hallway, practically eating one another's faces. Empty bottles of alcohol littered the floor. Arthur almost headed off in that direction to give them a piece of his mind, but then he heard the pounding on the door at the end of the hall to his right, followed by a few poor attempts to scream for help.

Breaking into a run, Arthur threw his body toward the door and hurriedly unlatched it. The barrier wasn't nearly as strong as the ones in the main part of the chapel, but it was still a chore to get it open. With the last lock open, he threw the heavy wooden doors open and raised his gun. The courtyard out back was absolutely brimming with zombies, far more than normal. Something was definitely, seriously wrong. It was as if the zombies had been called there, which he hadn't experienced up to that point. Looking down, he spied a battered man with a large rucksack full of foodstuffs. And standing over him was a dead man. Arthur fired four shots into the beast's chest and charged into it, knocking the foul thing back. He grabbed the bruised man by the leg and ungraciously dragged him inside. Within moments he could hear the undead creatures heading for the old wooden doors and when the joyous laughter down the hall turned to blood curdling screams, he knew there wasn't much time. He pointed his gun at the bruised man in earnest.

"Are you good!!?"

The man, while damaged, quickly gave a delirious nod.

"Good. Sorry about this!"

It was too late to shut the old wooden doors, so grabbing the man's leg once more, Arthur dragged him to the intersection and took a left. He glanced off behind him to see a few drunk survivors stumbling their way to safety. Behind them the hoard was doing their job quickly and efficiently. Looking back toward the chapel, Arthur could see that the older woman had spotted him. She was frantically calling for help from the others, who were falling out of their bunks and grasping for weapons. Arthur fired a few shots haphazardly down the hallway toward the zombies as they attacked the drunken party goers and managed to slow down a few of them. Screaming to shut the door, Arthur barreled back over the threshold with the bruised man in tow. A few of the drunken survivors managed to stumble through before the heavy iron door was slammed shut and bolted.

On his hands and knees and gasping for breath, Arthur looked up at the people around him. His bowl of cold spaghetti had been upturned and red gravy was everywhere. A loud crack of thunder boomed through the chapel's thick walls and rain began to pitter patter against the roof.

"Get everybody awake now!!! The residential block has been breached."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:47:32 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »
Waking up quickly at the screams in the residential block, Chris hurriedly stood up in a panic from the bench he fell asleep reading on. "Oh... s..." his final word was cut off by loud claps of thunder, screams of terror, and the sound of the infected pounding on the walls all around him.

Putting his book in his bag he quickly rushed to the man he met earlier in the night. He (Harrison) now had a gun. He looked like he could use it. "Har.. Harrison, right?" Chris then drew out a .44 magnum from his satchel, "Mind if I stick with you? You got some range, and i got some firepower up close. Might be useful, eh?" He nodded at Harrison, waiting for him to take the lead. 

"So, you got a plan? Other than just, stayin alive, of course." Chris said with a smirk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:01:06 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:40 pm »
Panic began to spread in waves through the crowd of survivors.  The thunder certainly didn't help.

"Everybody Stay Calm!"  Ezra Hall roared across the room as he ran down the stairs from the second floor, shotgun in hand.  "Arthur!  What the Hell happened?"  He noticed the bruised and bloodied man behind him, rolling over to his knees.  "And who is this??  You! Spread Eagle on your back, NOW!"

With a shotgun pointed at his head, Gavin quickly complied.  Ezra looked him over for a few tense seconds.  "Open one eye wide, with your finger and thumb."  he ordered.  "Hmm.... A bit bloodshot, but clear.  Still, you're under armed guard in the corner for the next half hour.  You better not be bit, cuz I bet you've got a Hell of a story."

"Okay Everyone," he addressed the crowd as two armed men escorted Gavin to the side.  "Everything's gonna be okay.  We're gonna clear the halls and rooms, same as when we've cleared the dorms.  This time, there's just more of them.  Whoever's coming, fall in behind me and don't you dare shoot each other.  The rest of you, guard this door."
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:22 pm »
Arthur coughed a bit and got up to his feet. He kicked the plastic spaghetti bowl hard and it bounced away across the chapel.

"That damn residential area wasn't secure is what happened!! I went in to check it out after I heard that guy pounding at the door. The people who told us they would watch the building for the night decided to have a party instead!"

He was speaking angrily, annoyed that the party goers had shirked their duties. Arthur gestured toward the five that remained as they trembled in the corner. At least they had sobered up. Loud thunder boomed overhead and Arthur took the pause to check his handgun's chamber. It was empty and so was the magazine. Reloading, he turned to Ezra.

"Those five need to be checked, they were in the thick of it." Arthur said loudly, pointing at the sobbing partiers. "Where do you want me, Ezra. Here or with you? There's a whole lot of I-don't-know-what going on out in the courtyard. I've never seen the zombies behaving like this. Something's up."