Author Topic: Dark Days: A Zombie RP  (Read 9338 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Dark Days: A Zombie RP
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:28:09 am »
It wasn't really clear when The Outbreak started.  It wasn't known who Patient Zero was, where they were, or what happened.  With the world falling apart, survival was more important to pretty much everyone left.

What was known was that it had been nearly a month since The Outbreak had hit Memphis.  The same thing happened there as pretty much every other city.  Law enforcement and emergency services dissapeared.  Power and communications went down.  Most of the population was infected, turned to shambling husks, wandering the streets.  But pockets of survivors remained, doing everything they could to make it through what seemed to be the end of the world.

The sun sank low over the Memphis skyline.  On the edge of downtown a loudspeaker system crackled to life.  A recording of bells echoed across the mostly empty college campus, announcing the time as three o'clock.

"Hello Memphis!"  A deep voice rumbled through the speakers.  "No, it ain't three o'clock.  Exact time doesn't matter much these days.  What does matter is that the sun's going down soon.  Thank the Lord for Memphis heat, even on the first of September it's so hot the even dead won't walk around.  But once it cools off those zombies are gonna start looking for fresh meat.  If you can hear my voice and need a safe place to spend the night, head for Harper Chapel in the middle of the University.  Zombies haven't gotten to us yet.  Get here quick as you can, follow the signs, and watch your step.  Keep safe out there!"

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Dark Days: A Zombie RP
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:03:44 pm »
Two re-purposed SWAT vans rumbled down Poplar Avenue, one of the main streets in Memphis. Behind them, the Memphis skyline gleamed against the sunset, washing out almost any trace of the smoke or fire that had consumed much of it. In the other direction a graying sky was pocked with columns of black smoke. Amidst it was a tall steeple which marked the center of the University. The cross at the top was awash in white light, something the people had done soon after The Outbreak began.

Arthur Tuleget eyed it for a moment, though only to make sure the lights were still on. He wasn't so keen on the religious element gaining such momentum just because society had crumbled and the world was in shambles. Not that he was surprised, of course religion is going to pick up when there's nothing else to cling to. Still, Arthur was a bit put-off by the whole affair. The way he saw it, as soon as you stopped believing in yourself, you were toast. His train of thought was interrupted as a young couple burst onto the road in front of him. He swerved to avoid them and the small convoy came to a halt. Before Arthur could even turn around to see what had happened, gunfire erupted and the woman riding shotgun was urging him on. Without hesitating, Arthur floored it and the convoy raced onward. Spying the sign for the University, Arthur let out a breath and turned to his copilot.

"What's the word?"

"We got both of them. Looks like they're fine. Had a couple zombies chasing them, though. Nothing we couldn't handle."

"Okay... good. Oh, hey... don't use that word."

"Huh? What? 'Zombie'? Is this really the time to be arguing semantics, Art?"

"I... er... whatever. We're almost there." Arthur mumbled, picking up a CB that was broadcasting to one of the major survivor channels. "Harper Chapel do you read? This is convoy six reporting. We're within spitting distance. Got two newbies on board. No losses. Unless we run into trouble expect us there in ten. Out."

"Aren't you supposed to be a politician? Why so glum? It's only the end of the world!"

Arthur turned to the woman in the passenger seat as if to say something, but simply smiled and laughed a bit.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:06:30 am »
This day seemed to have mixed luck for Gus Harrison. First, he found a mildly attractive girl right around his age while scrummaging for material in town. They had struck up a conversation and agreed to stick together for the day. Then Harrison's luck had turned and a large number of zombies forced them to run helter skelter through the town before almost being run over by two vans. And just like that, Harrison seemed to have luck rolling on his side as he wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder.

"What exactly are you guys?" Harrison asked the armed people in the van, hardly noticing the girl slip out from under his arm and move to the opposite side of the van. He'd worry about that later.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:02 am »
One of the younger people in the van looked up from cleaning his shotgun to address Harrison.

"We're part of a group of survivors operating out of Harper Chapel. All sorts of people here... I was in high school before all this stuff started. We got scientists, burger flippers, politicians... as long as you can survive, you're one of us. Not sure how long I plan on sticking around with this group, I'd like to get out of the city, personally. But for now I'm happy to help out anyone that needs a hand."

Smiling, the youth finished cleaning his weapon and cocked it.

"Just don't take our kindness for weakness. We don't discriminate between zombies and criminals."

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:26 am »
Meanwhile, in Baltimore, a youth peered out from the window of his tenement.

"They're still there..." he muttered to himself, trailing off as he turned to enter the apartment next door.

Returning with a miniature refrigerator, he chucked the appliance out the window onto the heads of a couple of zombies.

The school I.D. around his neck read "Michael Natron."

"Great, that was the last spare fridge. And I'm running out of chairs fast. It's a good thing route to the Harbor is clear, or I'd be in trouble. Food doesn't bring itself here, ya know?"

As Michael spoke to himself, he noticed the zombie groaning was closer that he had heard before.

He turned around to see a pair of undead fiends shambling down the hallway.

Reaching for his modified Nerf Recon CS-6, he placed two shots into each zombie, felling them.

After burning them, he took the time to notice that he was out of bullets.

"Well, Baltimore, baby," jested Michael, "it looks like I won't be seeing ya for a while."

He dashed towards the harbor, tears in his eyes and a burning building behind him.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:49:00 am »
There must have only been about 20 or so people hold out here at the university when Marcus arrived three weeks ago; but with 6 or 7 newbies turning up every day, the supply of zombie free living space had been dwindling. Marcus' team had been busy all day, clearing out a portion the residential halls so some of the growing number of people could be rehoused, a job that had taken nearly a week.

"Any more in there Agent Jackson?"

"Just two chief, but we got 'em"

"Well, looks like we're finally clear in here, good job boys, lets head home."

Heading out across the courtyard he heard the usual announcement blaring from the loudspeakers, and the last convoy was just returning. It was amazing the amount of organisation that had sprung up out of the anarchy here in the past month, that had been the result of strong leadership. Marcus was looking forward to getting some food and on the menu tonight was spaghetti; it hadn't been long enough for them to run out of decent food yet, but there was no certainty of how long that situation would last.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:02:59 am by munchkin5 »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:29 am »
The warning seemed more like a threat in Harrison's ears, but he let it slip without bringing it back up.

"I may not know much, but I know how to use a weapon. Or at least some weapons. And I know some other things too, but they haven't been as useful since The Outbreak..." Harrison trailed off, turning around to look out the rear windows of the van. It wasn't long before he noticed more trees than usual which gave him the impression that they were moving away from city-proper and towards some place less populated. At least that's what he thought. He was from further north and wasn't too familiar with the city. In fact, he had just followed the river south and hadn't even realized he was in Tennessee until someone had told him.

"So where's this Harper Chapel?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:39 pm »
"Oh **** oh **** oh ****" Chris exclaimed as he fled from a recently turned, formerly attractive, female zombie. "Just a scrape, she says! It's nothing, she says! I just tripped, she says! I want to do this, she says!" Exiting the female restroom of the collegiate park, Chris had found himself in quite the pickle as the zombie began to gain ground after it busted down the bathroom door. Quickly, Chris reached into his satchel that held his collection of books he managed to scavenge here and there. "Shakespear? No... Huck Finn? Nah that's classic 'twain.... Ah! Here we go!" Smirking, Chris pulled out a copy of the Holy Bible that he had picked up from the local university chapel. "This outa be heavy enough."

With that Chris quickly turned around, and using the momentum of his turn, he hurled the bible as hard and accurately as he could at the fast approaching infected. With a loud THUMP, the bible smacked the infected woman in the face, knocking her to the ground. Smiling, he uttered, "Well. Thank god." He then looked around the courtyard and saw Marcus doing whatever it was his type did. He shot him the, 'did you just see that? Yeah.' look. 

Chris, knowing that most certainly didn't kill her, turned and began to head to the chapel, waving as he passed by Marcus and his crew. As he approached he noticed a group of people entering the safe house. Chris muttered under his breath, "Sigh... more people, again?" Shoving his way through the crowd he entered the chapel and sat on one of the many benches. Pulling out a book, he began to read. All the while wondering if this place was fillin to fast, and that moving may be the best solution for now. Afterall, more people just means more trouble.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:54:18 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:25 am »
"Oh dear." Noted one odd-looking member of the just entering convoy. He left the huddled group, approaching the downed zombie, still struggling to get back to it's feet. He drew a long, dulled-chrome handgun and put a single shot into the zombie's face, after a moment of careful aiming.
"Eugh..." He noted the splatter from the overkill .50 round. He turned back around to the group to note a group of people heading across the courtyard with weaponry, something most people didn't appear to have. He jogged over, tapping one of them on the shoulder.
"Uh, hi there. Are you guys the "guards" or some equivalent? Because if so, I just made you job one zombie easier over there." He said, pointing over his shoulder to the zombie he had finished off. "My name is Travis Kendly, I came in with the newest group of survivors. I've got a worthless Desert Eagle and this thing..." He said, unfolding the hedge-trimmer weapon he had and fitting his left arm into the spacing that braced his arm. "...which is pretty much a makeshift chainsaw of sorts. More useful for cutting objects open then zombies, but in a pinch, it works."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
Arthur hopped out of the cab of the lead vehicle in the convoy and cracked his back. Behind him, the other members of his group had begun unloading supplies and stacking them in neat rows along the wall. Patting his dirty suit jacket, Arthur found his cigarettes and lighter and lit one up. With one long drag in the vault, he walked over to the wall and lifted a crate filled with canned lima beans to be stored in one of the back rooms. Arthur had the appearance of your typical local politician. Tall enough to look competent, dark hair (that was admittedly messier than normal), and what used to be a pretty nice fitted suit. Because if you're going to get a suit, for the love of Mike, get it fitted. A few people lazily waved or mumbled hello as Arthur walked past. Anyone that was a local knew who he was, for better or for worse. People may have had a lot of things to say about Arthur, but nobody said he was lazy. He did his share of the work and helped out when he could. He'd been organizing supply and rescue convoys since the second week after The Outbreak. It was risky work but he knew the city well; plus, as a high-ranking council member, he knew where the storehouses were, as well as the keys. He took no credit for the operation around him, though. It was the amalgamation of several people's hard work. All he cared about was that it worked.

He dropped his crate of lima beans and took another long drag of his cigarette before flicking the butt into a burning barrel. Night was falling rapidly and it looked like rain.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:01 pm »
"HEY! Enough talking, get your asses inside!"   The same deep voice from the speakers came from a window on the second floor.  "Plenty of time for introductions after we're sealed up for the night."  The window closed back with a thud, followed by scrapes and clicks as it was further barricaded from the inside.

"Councilman Tuleget, good to see you back!" DeMarcus Hall said as he walked up to look over the supplies being brought in for the night.  "Good stuff, good stuff.  I think we're doing good on food right now.  I think we'll need to make another run to one of the hunting and camping stores soon, and I'd love to raid one of those fireworks stores out on the highway, but I guess it's too risky.  Another good day's work!" he said as he helped pull another crate of supplies off the van.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »
Harrison glanced up at where the yelling had come from before looking around. This place was actually quite a nice setup, and had more people than he had seen in months. In a way it was a surprise, but a pleasant one that gave Harrison a little hope. He quickly forgot about this, though, as he headed over to a group of serious looking people who looked like they were in charge. They appeared to be heeding the deep voice's suggestion and were heading inside, which is exactly what Harrison planned to do.

As Harrison walked towards the group, he realized one of the men was wearing a suit. It was kinda odd, but it assured Harrison that he had chosen the correct people to approach.

"Hey!" he said, as he jogged slightly to cover the distance between them, "hey, how's it going? I'm new here, just got in actually," Harrison pointed to the van before continuing, "and I was wondering if I could get my hands on a weapon. Does this place have any stockpiles?"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:58:38 pm by Josasa »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 12:37:12 pm »
"I'll check the map and see what we can find. We've had more empty storehouses today. Nothing major, they're not our property; however, we need to start working on some renewable sources. These stores aren't going to last much longer at this rate." Arthur said quietly as he lit up another cigarette. "Truth be told, I think it would be wise to move our entire operation out of the city in the coming weeks. But that's another discussion for another time..."

Arthur trailed off as one of the newcomers hailed them. Clearing his throat, he turned to see the man they'd picked up earlier.

"Ah! You're one of the two we found earlier today. Where did that girl get to? She looked pretty athletic, we need muscle..." Arthur trailed off for a second time, pondering personnel placement. "Right. Weapons are something we have a lot of. What we're lacking are qualified operators. The armory is over in the filing room, just past the kitchens. As long as you feel comfortable firing it, feel free to use it. In the meantime, use one of mine."

Reaching down to his belt, Arthur removed a medium caliber handgun and held it out.

"By the way, name's Arthur. This fellow's DeMarcus Hall, he's kind of the guy in charge here."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 12:54:24 pm »
"Thank you very much!" Harrison said, talking the weapon from the man's hands and checking to see if the safety was on. It was. "Please to meet you both, by the way, my name's Gus. Gus Harrison." As he said this, he thumbed the magazine release, checking the ammo. Then he checked to see if there was a round already in the chamber.

"I may not be the best operator, but I do know how to handle a weapon. Somewhat... Anyway, I'll go check out that armory in a bit. I'm better with a rifle in my hands." Harrison glanced around him, noting that it would be dark earlier than normal because of the rain clouds.

"Are there a lot of zombies around this area?"

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »
"They kind of come and go in waves." Demarcus said with a shrug.  "The area is mostly cleared of people, so there aren't too many new ones popping up.  We make a lot of noise and scents around here, but we've got decoys and trap set up that keep them busy.  More importantly, when this chapel was built it was meant to double as a bomb shelter.  Once we're sealed up for the night, we haven't had one get anywhere near getting inside.  Let's hope it stays that way.  The worse part is wiping them out in the morning and hauling them off before the heat makes them stink even more than they already do."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:51 pm »
"Yeah, mornings aren't fun. Lots of familiar faces but never the ones you're looking for." Arthur added, pulling on the cigarette. "Excuse me, I'm going to go check on the new residential area. Gotta make sure it's sealed tight for the night."

Nodding to both men, Arthur walked off. He made his way through the compound toward the areas that had just been cleared. It never hurt to double check the doors and windows. What worked, worked. This area was mostly untested.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 01:18:45 pm »
Overhearing the conversation of Demarcus, the politician, and the newcomer, Christopher put his book in his satchel and raised from his bench and began to head over in there direction. He had been in this chapel community about three days and hadn't really addressed anyone here yet. He figured it was about time he at least became a name to the people in charge, just in case crap hit the fan.

He nodded as the politician walked away from the group and then introduced himself to Demarcus. "Hmph, agreed, mornings are always the most stressful, and most relieving parts of the day." He smirked and put out his hand, "My name is Christopher Leak, I overheard you are the one in charge here and I figured after 3 days it's about time to make myself useful. How can I help?"
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:30 am »
Marcus and his team all wore the cliche suit and shades outfit and carried a couple of shotguns and an assault rifle between them. The government issue weapons were a great deal better than most of the air guns and second hand hunting rifles that had found their way into the armoury. Walking around looking like this it was no suprise that someone would mistake them for the 'guards' of this little community, but Marcus didn't like to think of it like that, everyone just did what they could to help.

This scrawny looking kid was enthusiastic enough, the chainsaw was an odd choice, at least the guy could handle a handgun.

"Errr, thanks kid. You must be new, let me introduce myself, I'm Agent Marcus Lancet-Coburn, FBI, but you can just call me Marcus. These are my two agents, Jackson and Adams, and this is Agent Rick Mallon, CIA."

Marcus' spoke in a particularly strong New York accent, something that sounded out of place down in Memphis;

"That's an odd contraption you've got there, doesn't look much use to me but that Eagle on the other hand, mind if I take a look at it..."

Marcus inspected the gun, it looked like it had seen a fair bit of use and could do with a good clean, but despite that it was a good quality firearm,

"I wouldn't discount this thing so easily son, I'm surprised you've got the strength to handle it but you'd do well to keep hold of it. We're heading inside for the night, you should probably do the same."

Marcus turned to walk away, his team close behind.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:17:05 am by munchkin5 »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:15 am »
Travis kept pace with Marcus.
"I'd much rather have something smaller, less noisy, this thing's rather bad. Punches right on through. Sure, it's likely to take an arm off, but with only seven shots, you really have to place them well..." He slid the handgun back in the holster, after flicking the safety back on.
"Yeah, the chainsaw thing is a pre-outbreak doodad I built. Don't know why, but hey, stuff like that kept me busy in my off time. I just grabbed it and my Desert Eagle when I had to run for it. I really, really should change this gun out for something more practical. Or at the least take something more practical and use this as a back-up." He looked around at the large group of people coming in.
"So, how often does this place get attacked? I'd imagine with this many people here the zombies would be all over it. To think of it, this place doesn't look too reinforced or anything..."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »
Harrison looked over the not-so-newcomer as he introduced himself.

"Harrison," Gus said when Christopher introduced himself. After that he zoned out of the conversation although he stayed in place to make it look like he was listening. As he did so, Gus looked around the camp some more. There was quite a variety of people here. He wasn't sure, but he thought he heard a New York accent coming from somewhere. That's when he noticed more suits walking into the building. All of them were carrying heavy duty weaponry. Government, immediately flashed through Harrison's mind, unless they're just a well armed group of post-apocalyptic fanatics. You could never really tell in this day an age.

Try as he might, Harrison couldn't figure out why government agents would be in Memphis. In his mind, he always figured that people would be heading either south or to the Great Lakes. Really anywhere there was a large amount of fresh water. Harrison made a mental note to talk to the government folk soon before he turned his attention back to the conversation at hand.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »
The survivors all made their way into the chapel as night fell.  The spaghetti dinner that night was far from gourmet Italian, but even cafeteria food is a great comfort after a day out in a disintegrating city.

Outside, a single figure appeared at the far end of the courtyard.  He wore what had until recently been a respectable suit.  His red tie was tightly wrapped around his left forearm in what had been a futile attempt to keep the infection from spreading.  A metal sign scraped in the dirt behind him, held in an iron grip that lasted even through death.  Though splattered with blood and bits of flesh, it still clearly read:

REPENT!
THE END IS HERE!

As he shuffled through the courtyard, he caught sight of the steeple at the top of the Chapel.  Something clicked in what was left of his brain, and his shuffle increased pace.  He let out a happy groan, right before the ground gave way beneath him.  He fell into one of DeMarcus' traps, a waist deep pit surrounded by rolls of barb and razor wire.  The trap was far from lethal to the already dead, but he was too ensnared to climb out.  The pitiful creature let out a long howl, much more than the average zombie's vocal cords were capable of.  In the following silence, low groans could be heard from every direction as others followed his call.

It was going to be a long night.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 11:19:23 pm »
Arthur was sitting off toward a lonely corner of the chapel, keeping to himself. His small bowl of spaghetti had barely been touched. Instead, he was reading through an old newspaper and occasionally eying the door to the newly cleared residential wing. A few people had decided to move in early, despite protests from several of the other survivors. Arthur had been one of the naysayers and wanted to be extra sure that nothing came through. He turned the page, snorted loudly, and threw the paper onto the floor. The headline on the page six article read "Tuleget to Quit", which was a sour reminder of what had been happening before The Outbreak saved him from a messy PR campaign. Placing a foot on the headline, Arthur grabbed his bowl and started to eat.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:33 am »
Stupid, stupid, stupid! the same word pounded continuously through his head and was beginning to make it throb, his right foot made a rather large splash in a puddle, covering the lower portion of his blue jeans in mud as he ran full sprint through an ally way. Weaver had meant to be at the Chapel hours ago when he had first heard the broadcast, but true to his nature he had gotten side tracked in a couple convenient stores, filling his rucksack with whatever he could find.

Now it was nightfall and the undead, or infected, or whatever they were, Gavin didn't really know for sure, were coming out in force and here he was sprinting like a mad man in the center of it all. His heart was pounding in a neat rhythm with the painful throbbing of his temples. Sweat poured down his red sun burnt face as he left out a heavy breath of air only to suck in it just as quickly. He had stamina to be sure, but he had been running for over an hour now dodging the flesh eating creatures and he was beginning to tire.

He had to stop, if only a for a moment. He bent over with his hands on his knees gasping for a decent breath, he wiped the sweat from his brow on the sleeve of his brown jacket, his ears ringing with the eerie moaning of the slowly approaching monsters making him aware of just how close they were getting. Finally he looked up and saw the bell tower in the distance, it was the chapel, he was almost there.

Gavin took off full sprint, energy renewed at the thought of making it to a safe sanctuary, though as he ran his stomach lurched with fear, What if they are full up, what if they wont let me in? He tried to push away those negative feelings and focus on the task at hand.

Most of the zombies were easy to dodge, their slow shambling no match for someone running a reasonable pace, he had a close call every now and then and one even managed to grab his rucksack but Gavin quickly ripped it away and kept running. As he made it in to the court yard the change of terrain from concrete to mud threw him off and he slipped forward in to the ground sliding a few feet. He coughed and spit out the dirt he had forcibly eaten, his mouth hurt and he could taste blood coming from somewhere.

His muscles ached and he was tempted to just lie there for a few minutes, of course that temptation was quickly obliterated as he saw multiple feet taking awkward steps toward him. It was a struggle just to stand back up, he could see the courtyard was filled with signs and warnings, someone had trapped the place and trapped it well, and he could hear the loudest bloodcurdling scream he had heard from a zombie yet.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:37 am »
Harrison had finished his meal rather quickly, given the state that his stomach had been in. He hadn't had much to do after that, and he didn't feel like sitting around and making small talk with people he probably wouldn't know very long. Of course, there was always the opportunity to strike up a conversation with the government people, but he was going to wait until later for that.

In the meantime, Harrison made his way to the armory to check out the weaponry. Just as Arthur had said, there was a pretty good selection of weapons on hand. This actually didn't surprise Harrison too much, as he was in the South, or as close as he ever wanted to get to it. Harrison stepped over to where the rifles were lined up. This was his specialty. Something that had a little range so that he could hit things from a distance. The whole zombie business seemed rather dirty to him.

Harrison picked up a rifle and brought it up to his shoulder. Too heavy, he thought. It was some sort of World War II relic that obviously packed a punch, but would have been hell to carry around with him. Harrison set that one down before lifting up another.

Too light, he thought, grinning to himself. Even though it was a more modern rifle, he couldn't get past the impression that the thing would bounce around too much when taking shots. He set this one down and glanced over the to the other rifles. So this next one should be... just right!

But it wasn't. This one, like the first one was too heavy, and the iron sights looked like they had been damaged, which wouldn't have been a problem, but Harrison didn't want to mess around with something if he didn't have to.

The fourth one was the charm. It was a .30-30 Savage bolt action that had everything but a scope. Harrison owned a weapon very similar to this, but that was back home up north. When he brought it up to his shoulder it felt natural and he knew it was the one.

"Excellent," Harrison mumbled to himself as he grabbed a box full of ammunition and threw it into his bag.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »
"We don't get too much trouble here, and if you go out a few hundred yards the place is riddled with traps, but if the zombies decide they want to horde here there's not much we can do except bolt the doors and take pot shots from the steeple"

Inside everyone was already sitting down to eat, so Marcus and his crew joined them. The four men had their own room in the back of the chapel, even if it was noisy sleeping above the generator in the basement, it was still a lot more comfortable than staying in the main hall with everyone else. Marcus couldn't explain why but he felt uneasy about tonight, he made a mental note to double check his magazines before he went to sleep and finished up his spaghetti dinner.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 07:06:11 pm »
Knowing it was best to ponder the horrible shrilling sound at a later time, preferably one inside the nice safe fortified chapel and not in between a hungry horde in the mud and moonlight, Gavin resumed his run dodging all the traps noted by the signs. Finally he was less then ten foot away from the large wooden double doors of the chapel, with the undead accumulating in numbers behind him he didn't slow his pace and slammed headlong in to the doors with a loud resounding crack. When he opened his eyes he saw the awning above and a star filled sky, he was on his back and for a moment he feared that he had knocked himself unconscious.

It was a stupid thought, had he been out any longer then a second he would have woken up in pieces if at all. He rubbed the painful bleeding gash on his fore head and wiped the blood from his eyes. So stupid, of course the doors would be locked and likely barred, I'm an idiot

The shambling and moaning was getting louder, Weaver didn't need to look to know the horde would be upon him in less then a minute, he heard the zombies groans and various cracking noises as the monsters set off the traps, and a couple loud explosions went off that caused Gavin to cover his ears and close his eyes. But surely the traps wouldn't stop them all, he knew he had to get inside.

Jumping to his feet he began to pound on the door as hard as he could, each rapping left his hands ache more and more then the last but he would worry about that later, he had to make sure the occupants inside could hear him. "HEY, HEY LET ME IN!" he yelled and screamed two or three times until his voice finally cracked and he could muster nothing more then a low hoarse yip.

His hands were red and starting to swell, the pain was to much now, he couldn't knock anymore. He hoped whoever was inside had heard him. He huffed and puffed bent over with both palms pressed open against the wooden gateway to his  sought after sanctuary. Then he heard it, the loud sound of a shambling corpse stepping on to concrete, but he reacted far to slow and felt a strong yank on his rucksack, it happened so quick he couldn't even keep his footing and fell backwards at the heels of his flesh eating assailant.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:24 pm »
It was the faint crack beyond the door that caught Arthur's attention as worked through his cold spaghetti. He stopped chewing for a few moments and listened. An older woman nearby noticed this and approached, leaning in closely. Arthur turned and almost jumped, surprised to see the wrinkled face so close to his. In a low mumble, he spoke to her.

"Do you hear that...?"

"Yeah. Couldn't say what it was, though. Sounds a bit too fast to be one of them."

"Watch the door. If I'm not back in five minutes, lock it up."

Arthur removed a handgun from his waist and unlatched the large door. He stepped over the threshold and into the residential building. As he moved slowly down the hallway, he could hear raucous laughter coming from one of the rooms down the hall. It looked as if the people who had taken to this building only did it to party. They were probably too drunk to even hear the knocking at their door. Grumbling to himself, Arthur stopped at a four-way intersection and looked around. To the left was a recently-barred window facing the main entrance. A pair of guards hurried past and for the first time, Arthur noticed the piercing screams. Not good. Something was brewing. Straight ahead was a deserted hall with a light at the far end where the party was happening. A young couple sat in the hallway, practically eating one another's faces. Empty bottles of alcohol littered the floor. Arthur almost headed off in that direction to give them a piece of his mind, but then he heard the pounding on the door at the end of the hall to his right, followed by a few poor attempts to scream for help.

Breaking into a run, Arthur threw his body toward the door and hurriedly unlatched it. The barrier wasn't nearly as strong as the ones in the main part of the chapel, but it was still a chore to get it open. With the last lock open, he threw the heavy wooden doors open and raised his gun. The courtyard out back was absolutely brimming with zombies, far more than normal. Something was definitely, seriously wrong. It was as if the zombies had been called there, which he hadn't experienced up to that point. Looking down, he spied a battered man with a large rucksack full of foodstuffs. And standing over him was a dead man. Arthur fired four shots into the beast's chest and charged into it, knocking the foul thing back. He grabbed the bruised man by the leg and ungraciously dragged him inside. Within moments he could hear the undead creatures heading for the old wooden doors and when the joyous laughter down the hall turned to blood curdling screams, he knew there wasn't much time. He pointed his gun at the bruised man in earnest.

"Are you good!!?"

The man, while damaged, quickly gave a delirious nod.

"Good. Sorry about this!"

It was too late to shut the old wooden doors, so grabbing the man's leg once more, Arthur dragged him to the intersection and took a left. He glanced off behind him to see a few drunk survivors stumbling their way to safety. Behind them the hoard was doing their job quickly and efficiently. Looking back toward the chapel, Arthur could see that the older woman had spotted him. She was frantically calling for help from the others, who were falling out of their bunks and grasping for weapons. Arthur fired a few shots haphazardly down the hallway toward the zombies as they attacked the drunken party goers and managed to slow down a few of them. Screaming to shut the door, Arthur barreled back over the threshold with the bruised man in tow. A few of the drunken survivors managed to stumble through before the heavy iron door was slammed shut and bolted.

On his hands and knees and gasping for breath, Arthur looked up at the people around him. His bowl of cold spaghetti had been upturned and red gravy was everywhere. A loud crack of thunder boomed through the chapel's thick walls and rain began to pitter patter against the roof.

"Get everybody awake now!!! The residential block has been breached."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:47:32 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »
Waking up quickly at the screams in the residential block, Chris hurriedly stood up in a panic from the bench he fell asleep reading on. "Oh... s..." his final word was cut off by loud claps of thunder, screams of terror, and the sound of the infected pounding on the walls all around him.

Putting his book in his bag he quickly rushed to the man he met earlier in the night. He (Harrison) now had a gun. He looked like he could use it. "Har.. Harrison, right?" Chris then drew out a .44 magnum from his satchel, "Mind if I stick with you? You got some range, and i got some firepower up close. Might be useful, eh?" He nodded at Harrison, waiting for him to take the lead. 

"So, you got a plan? Other than just, stayin alive, of course." Chris said with a smirk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:01:06 pm by eropS »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:40 pm »
Panic began to spread in waves through the crowd of survivors.  The thunder certainly didn't help.

"Everybody Stay Calm!"  Ezra Hall roared across the room as he ran down the stairs from the second floor, shotgun in hand.  "Arthur!  What the Hell happened?"  He noticed the bruised and bloodied man behind him, rolling over to his knees.  "And who is this??  You! Spread Eagle on your back, NOW!"

With a shotgun pointed at his head, Gavin quickly complied.  Ezra looked him over for a few tense seconds.  "Open one eye wide, with your finger and thumb."  he ordered.  "Hmm.... A bit bloodshot, but clear.  Still, you're under armed guard in the corner for the next half hour.  You better not be bit, cuz I bet you've got a Hell of a story."

"Okay Everyone," he addressed the crowd as two armed men escorted Gavin to the side.  "Everything's gonna be okay.  We're gonna clear the halls and rooms, same as when we've cleared the dorms.  This time, there's just more of them.  Whoever's coming, fall in behind me and don't you dare shoot each other.  The rest of you, guard this door."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:22 pm »
Arthur coughed a bit and got up to his feet. He kicked the plastic spaghetti bowl hard and it bounced away across the chapel.

"That damn residential area wasn't secure is what happened!! I went in to check it out after I heard that guy pounding at the door. The people who told us they would watch the building for the night decided to have a party instead!"

He was speaking angrily, annoyed that the party goers had shirked their duties. Arthur gestured toward the five that remained as they trembled in the corner. At least they had sobered up. Loud thunder boomed overhead and Arthur took the pause to check his handgun's chamber. It was empty and so was the magazine. Reloading, he turned to Ezra.

"Those five need to be checked, they were in the thick of it." Arthur said loudly, pointing at the sobbing partiers. "Where do you want me, Ezra. Here or with you? There's a whole lot of I-don't-know-what going on out in the courtyard. I've never seen the zombies behaving like this. Something's up."

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:36 am »
Marcus' nervous feeling had been dramatically vindicated just a few moments ago, as Arthur burst into the main hall dragging a wounded man behind him and shouting about the imminent arrival of the horde. The four agents had reacted at the first sound of distant screams, not wanting to cause a fuss they kept quiet and went to retrieve extra ammunition from their personal armoury, Rick had offered to go up the belltower and check out the courtyard situation, and the other three were waiting for him to report back when Arthur had returned.

"Looks like there might be some action after all chief"

"I think you might be right Adams, go fetch Mallon. Jackson, on me"

Marcus moved across the hall, eyes trained on the door, weapon ready at his side. There was a sound of banging coming through and some muffled screams.

"My team's on hand for a fight, Ezra."

The the screaming outside the door stopped but the banging persisted and seemed to be getting louder,

Jackson turned to Arthur;

"How many are out there?"

Meanwhile, Rick had made his way to the top of the belltower, the outlook was grim. It was difficult to guess the number of zombies and more were pouring into the courtyard every minute. There was one group fighting over the body of the zombie Travis had finished off earlier, they were moaning with a kind of moan Rick hadn't heard before, and with each call a few more zombies turned and started moving towards them. AS he was about to leave, he caught something fast moving at the edge of his vision, turning to look he was sightly relived to see it wasn't a running zombie, but he then came to the sad realisation that it was a girl fleeing from an open door at the front of the residential building, about ten zombies shuffled out after her as fast as they could. The panicked girl could have easily escaped if she had been looking where she was going, instead she tripped over a loose paving slab and landed face first of the floor, a couple of nearby zombies dived at her as soon as she fell.

Rushing back to the chapel hall Mallon ran into Adams,

"There's hundreds of them,"

"They're in the residential hall, and we've got a man down,"

"I know, lets go. You ready for this Rookie?"

"I'm not really sure Mallon, but I guess we'll find out..."

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »
Weaver just sat hunched over looking at his swollen hands, his eyes were open but he wasn't there, everything happened so fast he was still trying to process it all. He didn't know what he was supposed to feel, whether or not he should be thankful and relieved, all he felt was a sharp stinging guilt. He was alive, but at the cost of how many other lives? Weaver wasn't sure exactly how many and if he was to be honest with himself, he didn't want to know. If that guy in the suit hadn't opened the door and rescued him, he would be dead, or worse. Gavin shivered at the thought. But now zombies were inside part of the chapel and the faces of those that were swarmed were forever burnt in to his mind. he blamed himself, he should have come before nightfall.

Now more people were going to risk their lives to fix his mistake, he wanted to do something, anything to help. But he could barely even close his hands, the blood had stopped dripping from his forehead, but the pain throbbed and left him feeling a bit dizzy, no heroics were going to come from him right now, that much was clear.

Awaking from his stupor, he quickly stood up and tilted to side letting his ruck sack slide from his body, he was about to bend down and attempt to open it but was met with the end of a rifle tucked neatly under his chin, barrel pushed right against his throat. "Hey take it easy, if you really don't want me to move then fine, but I have food, bottled water and a first aid kit in there, take it and ration it out to whoever needs it" He said lightly, his voice was still cracking and hoarse. The guard lowered his rifle eying Gavin suspiciously, but he did as he was asked and motioned for someone to empty the packs contents and take them away.

Gavin sat back down, slowly. He noticed he was getting quite a few dirty looks and threatening stares from other people inside the chapel, he figured they blamed him for the disaster as much he blamed himself. Combine that with the fact he has had two guns pointed at him in the span of ten minutes and he started to wonder if he had been safer outside all along.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:08:49 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 07:27:56 pm »
Arthur had been told to sit tight for a bit and recover, so he hurried over to the kitchen. It hadn't hit him until that moment that he was actually still pretty hungry. He scraped the bottom of the spaghetti pot with a large forked ladle and brought up a few soggy noodles. Topping them with some cold sauce, he walked back out into the main part of the chapel and made for the door to resume his guard duties. It was then that he spotted the man who he'd rescued a short while earlier. Sighing, he changed course and approached the guard. Arthur was allowed to pass and he sat down next to the man. The look in his eyes confirmed what Ezra had said. Whoever this guy was, he probably had one hell of a story.

"Hey, don't look so down. It's not your fault, okay? I was there, name's Arthur, by the way. Those old doors weren't going to hold for long anyway. Besides, there was a second breach down the hall, too. Just be happy you're alive. Here. Soggy pasta and cold gravy. Get better, we're going to need everyone."

Placing the bowl on the floor near the man, Arthur gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, got back to his feet, and left.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:56 pm »
"Yeah," Harrison said as Chris came up to him. "A little backup never hurt anybody." Harrison glanced at the .44, knowing that it packed a punch.

"As for a plan, I have half a mind to just get out of this place, but that wouldn't be very nice, especially after what these people did. I think I'm just going to follow those guys," Harrison said, pointing at Ezra and the group of people he was leading to retake the residential area. "I think he knows the best way to the fight!" With that, Harrison fell in with the group.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:46 pm »
Ezra led the group into the now compromised residential building.  A few shotgun blasts quickly felled the few zombies in the first hallway.

"We've got three goals here, people.  Find anyone still alive.  Seal off the doors so more of these bastards don't get in.  Put down the ones already inside.  Oh right, and keep ourselves alive."

Ezra opened the first door they came to with a solid kick.  There was nothing inside small room but a few boxes of supplies.  "On to the next one!"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »
Chris nodded as he followed Harrison to fall in with the group. He whispered to the rifleman, "Indeed, we stay here and help tonight, but seriously consider a new plan in terms of living situations, eh?" Chris then heard Ezra kick down another door, this one leading into a more open space of the residence hall with the walls cracked and windows broken. Infected were seen munching on some of the unfortunate who did not make it out.

Letting out a shot with his revolver from the back line, the closest infected head was blown clean off. However, the gunshot alerted the rest of the room. Chris sighed and muttered, "Well. Oh..."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 12:07:04 am »
"I hear ya!" Harrison yelled since the guns were a bit deafening in the close quarters. He stepped in next to Chris and brought his rifle to bear on the closest infected. He pulled the trigger, nailing the zombie in the head and splattering what remained of it's brains on the wall.

This shot was even louder than the .44 and seriously made Harrison consider scrounging around for some ear plugs if he was going to be using this rifle on a regular basis. Then he got second thoughts when he considered the fact that he might not be alive within the next couple of weeks.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 09:18:02 am »
Arthur fell in near the back of the group as they made their way down the long corridor. The guys up front were doing good work of eliminating threats so he had yet to even fire his gun. At the intersection, Arthur and a few others turned right and headed for the door he'd left open a short while earlier. They were met with stiff opposition and immediately opened fire, pushing their way toward the large double doors.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »
The sweep of the residential hall was going very well.  Ezra and those who had been with the group for a while had this down to a science.  Demarcus was helping to put the finishing touches on the temporary barricade to one of the doorways the zombies had breached.  With a sigh he leaned against the wall.  Then he heard it.  The screaming zombie's voice finally broke to a whimper.  Over the groans of the rest of the mob outside he could hear a distant clanging noise, steady and rhythmic.

"Something's not right," he said to the rest of the group, frowning as he tried to figure out what the sound was.  "You guys start disinfecting the hallway, help out the group clearing the building if they need it.  I've gotta check something out."

Demarcus made his way back to the Chapel and climbed up to the bell tower.  A hunting rifle fitted with a night scope was kept here at all times so a lookout wouldn't have to make the climb back down in case he forgot a weapon.  Demarcus picked up the rifle and looked in the general direction of the noise.  Finally he caught sight of something metal moving back and forth.  No, wait, there were several metal things.  "What in the Hell...."

Demarcus flew back down the stairs to the Chapel.  "We've got to finish up in the residential hall fast as we can!  Double up the barricades!  We've got a big problem heading our way!"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »
"I knew this was going to be a strange night..."

It's what Arthur would have said to himself had he not been diving out of the way of a zombie with a stuffed monkey wrapped around its neck. He meant to roll but landed somewhat flatly on his stomach in an almost-empty dorm room. A lone female zombie was in there behind a pile of particle board furniture and when she saw Arthur, she lunged at him. He fired two shots into her pretty face and scrambled to his feet, only to be knocked back down by the zombie with the monkey. Arthur tumbled into the cheap Scandinavian furniture, sending splinters everywhere. With a zombie-like groan, Arthur kicked the beast back and rolled over. He hurled several pieces of wood at it while he felt around for his handgun. The zombie grabbed onto his leg with a white-gloved hand and seemed to laugh. And then the rest of Arthur's group painted the walls (and Arthur) with its brains.

Shouting expletives, Arthur was helped out of the mess of wood. He checked himself quickly, looking for any cuts of scrapes. Thankfully, between his long sleeves and long pants and the extraordinarily cheap nature of the wood he fell into, there were no woulds for the zombie guts to get into. Not that it made him feel any better. As he left the room he smacked the nearest survivor in the back of the head.

"Next time just push it out of the way... don't you remember how the infection spreads!?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 04:02:52 pm »
Panicking slightly, Arthur moved in closer with the group rather than being in the back. After watching in horror as Arthur was attacked, he haphazardly let a shot go, blowing the zombies head off, almost hitting Arthur. Wide-eyed, Chris kept that tid-bit of information to himself. It was then he heard a sound he hoped would never come.

Thud. Thud. THUD!

It was the front door to the chapel, the zombies were closing in. He turned to Harrison whilst reloading from his satchel, "I sure hope you got more ammo..." He then turned to the entirety of the group with a smirk, "All of you..."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:24 pm »
"Me too," Harrison said to Chris as he heard the thumping. But instead of double checking that, he hurried over to where Demarcus was with a group of other people. They were now all working on building up the barricade. At this point, Harrison put that as his number one priority. Guns and ammo wouldn't matter much if they had too many zombies to shoot.

Harrison slung the rifle over his shoulder and helped one of the people pick up a large desk that had been sitting in the corner of the room.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:22 am »
Marcus led his team room to room down the parallel corridor to the rest of the group, it was easy to pick off the zombies in a confined spaces, it was practically a zombie shooting gallery. The advance of the four trained combatants was rhythmic, two watching the hallway and two behind each clearing the rooms on either side of the hallway one after the other. They were still within earshot of the rest of the group, or at least they would have been if it wasn't for the noise of gunfire, so they had no idea if they were keeping up or not but Marcus and his team were nearly at the end of this  corridor, they'd loop back round and meet up on the other side.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »
"It's the Alpha Sig's... or what's left of em," Demarcus said as he caught his breath.  "Last year for homecoming they had a medieval theme.  I guess they found someone who could weld and made suits of armor out of empty kegs.  Looks like the idiots decided their armor was good enough to fight zombies in, and they were wrong.  There's about twenty of them heading this way, and those keg helmets are going to make it hard to get a headshot."

"But... something weird is going on.  They're definitely moving like zombies, one or two had arms missing.  But they're walking in formation.  It looked like one of them was beating on a keg like a drum with a leg bone.  I think we're going to have to set off the explosives outside when they get close."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »
Arthur and his group had sealed the door and were making their way back toward the main gathering when the football goons appeared. Coming up behind Demarcus, the politician gave his opinion, though he did it somewhat grudgingly. The years he spent crafting his public image had given him an aversion to talking about any potentially embarrassing things from his past.

"I was a frat boy once... learned an awful lot about kegs. Small arms won't do much but our people with higher caliber weapons shouldn't have much trouble at all. We used to plink at them out on the soccer fields in the weeks leading up to the semester... heh. There's only about... what, twenty of them. I don't think it'll be that difficult if we get this going now."

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:33 pm »
"You're probably right, Arthur.  But I still don't feel good about this.  Stay here, keep people calm.  I'll be right back."  Demarcus slipped away from the main barricade and made his way to a small closet in the corner. 

"Dammit!"

Someone had filled the closet with boxes of supplies.  "Hey, Ryan, come gimmie a hand moving this stuff."  A jumpy college kid put down the pistol he had been cleaning for hours and ran over to start moving the boxes.

"Hey man, what's going on out there? Are we gonna be alright?  Ain't seen the zombies act like this yet!  Did we get the break in under control?  I don't like this, man.  I don't like this at all!"

"Hey, calm down, Ryan.  We've got everything under control, we're gonna be fine.  There, that should be the last box.  I just needed to be able to get to the switch, just in case."

"The switch?  THE SWITCH?  Oh God, this is the closet with the bomb trigger in it!  You said the mines were the last resort!  They're about to break in the chapel, aren't they??  Oh God, no no no no!!"

Before Demarcus could stop him, Ryan shoved him out of the way and dove into the closet.  At the back was was a breaker box.  He ripped the cover off and pulled the extra switch in the corner so hard that it broke off.  There were a few terrible seconds of delay, then several loud explosions could be heard outside.

"Dammit Ryan!"  Demarcus shouted as he pulled him out of the closet and threw him to the ground.  "What the hell were you thinking, you little spaz!! ...wait.  wait a second."

The rhythmic thudding noise outside had been replaced by loud clangs and then something like a roar.  A few seconds later half of the barricade flew apart as the Alpha Sigs charged through it.  Some were armed with empty kegs they had used as battering rams, others carried metal baseball bats.  The people near the barricade scrambled to get out of the way as the armored zombies swung about wildly.  The other zombies outside that were still in big enough pieces after the explosion headed for the open door.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 06:33:59 pm »
The explosions and all the commotion happened so quickly that Arthur and the people around him couldn't really explain how they ended up behind a line of mangled football players and separated from the main group. As he looked around, he spotted a few other people pulling themselves to their feet and rushing for cover. Because they'd ended up somewhere in the dark, the footballers continued to head toward the juicy, illuminated main group. Of course, that moment of relaxation was shattered as a young man screamed at the top of his lungs as a zombie came down on his neck. He stumbled for a few feet before collapsing onto the pavement. His gun skittered across the ground toward Arthur and as the politician picked it up, he heard the former survivor moan loudly.

"Kill me!!" he cried in a mangled voice. "Kill m-"

A female survivor nearby didn't waste any time and blew the man's head off as Arthur retreated alongside her. The pair rounded a crumbling plaster wall and began taking pot shots at the footballers, hoping to distract a few of them long enough to get a path cleared back to the main group.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »
"That can't be good," Harrison mumbled to himself as he thumbed more rounds into his magazine. He had only brought so many clips for his rifle, and they had gone rather quickly when clearing out the building. Now he had fallen back with the rest of the group, fumbling to get the bullets in fast enough. One of the bullets slipped from his hand and fell to the floor. Harrison didn't even bother trying to pick it up, but instead shoved the next bullet into the magazine. Once he finished, he slammed the magazine home and worked the bolt to chamber the round.

Harrison moved back to the front line, if that's what it could be called, and leveled his rifle at the nearest armored zombie. It took two shots to bring him down, something that Harrison didn't like at all.

"This isn't going to be good..."

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »
The explosion rocked Chris as he fell to the floor.
Pulling up next to Harrison, Chris too, aimed his revolver at the approaching armored foes. Finding chinks in their armor was tough, but after some recollection he remembered reading about medieval armor. It was weak at the points it connected. Obvious to most people, Chris wasn't sure about the entirety of the group. Afterall, surviving was about some sort of cooperation when it was necessary.

"Aim for the neck if you have such an ability! It's the only part unarmored! If not, aim for the same place, don't try to spread your shots, make your own weak point!" He called out to the group as he reloaded as quickly as he could.

"You got an escape plan, Harrison?" He said to him as he heard the rifle shoot a few more times.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
One of the armored zombies stooped over the survivor recently put out of his misery with a bullet to the head.  He tilted his helmet back slightly and scooped up what was left of the man's head, slurping it down with a satisfied grunt.

*Ping*
*Ping*

His helmet had two good dents in the top, but the small arms fire hadn't broken through it yet.  The zombie shoved his helmet back in place and charged after Arthur and the survivors with him.

Harrison and Chris managed to drop another zombie, but as soon as it slumped over the one behind it hurled one of the empty kegs in their direction.  Fortunately, a bottleneck had formed at the crushed barricade, as the other zombies outside wedged each other in place trying to squeeze through the door.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 07:02:43 am »
Travis had kept with the main group, in the rear. He had been pretty much out of the action, he couldn't even shoot for fear of hitting one of the other survirvors. Finally he got the chance to get closer. Moving up, his Desert Eagle out, he stopped and popped off a shot at one of the Keg-zombies. The large .50 round punched through the head keg quite nicely and the zombie fell.
"What do you know," He said to Arthur while popping off another shot. "This handcannon's finally good for something." Another zombie began a charge at them. He took the shot, but sadly, it merely punched through the top edge of the head, missing anything important. Luckily, it threw the zombie off balance and caused him to topple to the floor at his feet. He aimed down and fired another bullet into it's head, point blank. He raised his gun again and fired off the last shot before his gun clicked empty. He removed the clip, pocketing it, and slid in one of his two spares.
"I've got fourteen shots here, I need to make these count." He reminded himself.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 01:06:23 pm »
The four agents had heard the explosion from the other hallway and had rushed to check that the people in the main group were alright. Some were fighting in the hallway, but others were stranded in the courtyard among the growing crowd of zombies. It was becoming obvious that the chapel couldn't be protected indefinitely anymore, for now though, they'd probably be fighting through the night.

Marcus and his team moved out, using shotguns and handguns the three FBI agents set to work on the regular zombies outside, while Mallon braced the 7.62mm rifle to lay down some more firepower on the armoured frat boys advancing on Arthur and the others.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 12:13:31 am »
"HOLY CRAP!" Exclaimed Chris as the keg came rocketing towards him and Chris. Without thinking he hurriedly ducked and shoved Harrisons feet out from under him, causing him to crash to the ground as the keg whizzed over their heads. "That was a close one" he muttered as he rose back to his feet.

Looking he saw that the zombies approach had slowed due to a natural wedge forming, this was good, as it bought them some time as the others began to pick off the zombies as they filtered through. He offered his hand to Harrison, "Perhaps we should fall back a little, eh?"

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 09:44:59 am »
Harrison took the offered hand and hopped back up to his feet.

"That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Is there any last resort area in this place or is it anything goes at this point?" Harrison fired off a couple more shots at the zombies while asking this, which made it a little bit hard to hear what he was saying over the sounds of the gunshots.