Author Topic: I'm Going Into The Story: The "Oh yeah, this used to be a thing" edition  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Going Into The Story: The "Oh yeah, this used to be a thing" edition
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:37:34 pm »
After Jon had placed out all of the appetizers I immediately went to town on all of them. Midway through stuffing my face full of the gooey goodness and fiddling with the gold loop in my ear he asked me to help him find a cake. "Really man, you can't find a cake? Something at least a foot wide? Yeah, I'll help, don't know how, though, this is your place after all."
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »
Tastey things should not be left near a mirror. Especially if your house holds a hungry succubbus. I enjoyed every bit of cake and I feel so strong, almost as if I could reach out and finally walk with skin. Ah, but not yet. I must wait for the lady, she shall be the host of MY Party. Oh it is funny to see the mortals walk around, looking for their treasurly cake. Bring your mistress close to me.

Bring her, so I can have the revenge I yearned for all these endless years in this prison.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »
I donned my coat headed out the lobby door. The ground was still littered with puddles and a cool mist hung in the air. The trees had started to turn color and their leaves lay scattered about, glued to the ground from the recent rainfall. I looked up at the sky. Though it had stopped raining, dull gray clouds still dominated the atmosphere.

My eyes returned to sidewalk ahead. I noticed a local wine shop and decided to pick one out. Knowing Jonny, he probably would not think to get any. I chose a good cheap wine. "Screw my dad and his money," I thought.

I left the store and continued on my way, anticipating the laughs to come. I smiled as I kicked an errant leaf. Today was good day.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 06:30:37 pm »
I'm going into the story...

Where was he? My hand was shaking as I dialed the phone again. He said he was going to be home watching TV tonight.

*voice mail*

"Cal, it's me... where are you? I've called you five times now. Call me as soon as you get this. "

As I hung up the phone I got a bad pit in my stomach. No.. he wouldn't have gone to that bar again would he? I saw the way that waiter was looking at my Cal. I don't want the events of last summer to happen again.

"Tony, be a doll, I'm going home early. Finish my last set. I think you can fit into that black sequin number and you know the words to the song"

"Sure thing... good night Dante" said Tony excited that he gets a chance to perform.

I put on my coat and stormed out the door.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 02:26:04 am »
"Where on Earth would you put a cake? And how could you just lose it?" I started to make a cursory effort of looking for a cake, wondering whether Jonathan would leave it in the bedroom or worse, the bathroom.

There was a knock at the door. More guests.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 07:28:07 am »
I see him, this human, he is close by my mirror. Oh my I see now, this must be one of the godforsaken lot of Marcus. Then he should be attuned to my voice, and I shall be able to manipulate him thoroughly. I wait for my prey.
As he walks closer looking for the delicious cake, I realize he takes a glimpse in the mirror. As he is setting his hair straight, I whisper into his mirror self's ear, "You want Eloise, you want her bad". He does not see me, as per use, as I did not manifest visibly, but he seems to have heard my voice and it is almost as if I could see the words pronounce an elaborate thought and emotion in this young man's mind.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:05 am »
It was gone. The cake was gone and the evening would be without its finishing touch. I could call down to La Cygne on 28th and get them to make me something passable. They're one of the few gourmet restaurants in the city that still had a delivery service. It wouldn't be the same though. I thought I had retraced all my steps for the evening, and yet I was baffled as to that cake's absence. That's when it occurred to me.

"The pantry!" I shouted to myself as I ran to the doorway, stumbling back in. The door somehow shut behind me. I was locked in again. Also, after a cursory amount of searching, I could tell the cake was not in there.

I could hear a knock at the front door.
...Damn it.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:51 am »
So after checking the whole place and finding no sign of the cake, I turned around to find Jon, but it seemed that he had disappeared. My thoughts immediately turned to where I FIRST found him. I opened up the pantry to find him in there once again. I grab to top ledge of the frame and lean into him. "Really, man, I'm starting to think you have some issues. I mean, disappearing cake and doors always closing on you." I laughed and moved out of the pantry doorway to allow him access to the newly arrived guests.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:30:45 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »
I'm going into the story!

My eyes slowly opened as the machine powered up around me. It had been quite some time since the last time I'd used it. Part of me hoped frantically that I hadn't lost my touch. Back in the day, I used to be the master of my domain. All the girls flocked to me for my skill. But those days were long past, two decades, maybe more! Yet here I was once again, the machine pulsing to life around me. The power of a god in my hand. My thoughts raced and deep down I sensed a tingling sensation that I hadn't felt in years. Something was moving... writhing and desperate to get out. New life was surging through my veins and my body stiffened. I wouldn't be able to hold it in for much longer. It would get the best of me and flow forth like it once had. My only hope was that I hadn't lost my Midas touch.

And then it happened. My vision went white and I felt a ringing in my ears. It was coming... I could hold back no longer... the feeling was wonderful as I monologued for the first time in decades.

"FOOLS!! Pitiful, ignorant fools! You thought you had bested me!!! NOBODY crosses Tobias Winkybird and gets away with it! Tonight they will all pay... every last one of them! And the descendants of those fortunate enough to have embraced the grip of death before my reemergence... you too shall know true terror!! ALL OF YOU! Prepare yourself, Jonathan Jonathan... your two first names won't save you this time!!"

With a sweeping motion, I ran my fingers across my biosuit's control panel and activated the main thrusters. I screamed with delight as my body was jettisoned into the upper reaches of my underground laboratory. At the very last moment, the ceiling split wide and I was doused in shimmering moonlight. I flew across the night sky toward the glow of the city that had scorned me so many years ago, and I yelled the names of those who would suffer the most.

"JONATHAN JONATHAN!! THAT WHORE, ELOISE!!! AND THE TRAITORS OF THE EVERETT CLAN!!! YOU WILL ALL FEEL MY WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »
I'm exiting the story

This was weird, i could have sworn there wasn't anywhere in central park for aircraft to take off...

"Attention all pilots this is Air Traffic Control, we have an unidentified, low flying light aircraft over manhattan, could any aircraft fitting this description please identify yourself,"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »
"No. Buzz off, flyboy. I'm on business!"

I blocked the air-traffic channel and continued on course. But then an idea came to my exquisite mind! It would probably be good to test out the new systems. Glancing around, my eyes focused on an empty prescription bottle that was in my breast pocket. Silly things never worked anyway.

"Stupid doctors... always looking to fix problems that aren't there. Why would they want to stop me from doing THIS!?"

With a flourish, I threw my right arm out in the direction of the airport. Five bright blue lights erupted from my fingertips and streaked off toward the control tower. The first one struck its mark perfectly, illuminating the large tower before engulfing it in flames. Satisfied, I looked away as the remaining four shots landed haphazardly around the airport grounds.

"I wonder if I was being addressed by civilian or military control... oh well! AHHHHHHH!! JONATHAN!!!"

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 02:14:35 am »
It appears I'm dead, oh well, though I'm pretty sure the airforce is going to respond fairly quickly to that sort of attack on a civilian airport, the interceptors should be in the air soon.

There's not much more i can do though...

I'm exiting the story.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 07:37:48 pm »
I thanked Calvin for letting me out so quickly, and asked if it wouldn't be too much trouble for us to keep this a private incident.

I also resigned the cake as missing. I was certain it had to be somewhere in the house, but this didn't seem like a mystery I'd have time to solve while the number of guests only increased. It looked like I'd be making that call down to La Cygne after all. I just hoped they had something high caliber in their kitchen that evening.

Then I remembered the door.
I ran to it, and regained composure before opening it casually.

It was Eloise's parents, the Perepelka family, with some others behind them. Definitely a good idea not to keep them waiting. With the kind of influence Mr. Perepelka had in this town in his own right, it was sometimes hard to remember he and his daughter were even related. I'd nearly forgotten to extend an invitation, but something reminded me at the last moment, thankfully. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to offend him, or any members of his 'extended' family, a couple of which seemed to be in tow this evening. Behind this small crowd, I could just barely make out Richard Everett, a friendly and familiar face.

I welcomed them all in and excused myself to call down to the restaurant.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 11:46:22 am »

I was already starting to feel a little tipsy, and the night was still young. Oh well. Since I'd already passed the point of no return, I figured a couple extra swigs couldn't drag me down any further. I retrieved the oaken flask from my inside pocket and took a couple extra swigs, glugging the vodka down eagerly, not stopping until I'd drank at least 4 shots. The warm feeling almost compensated for the lack of an overcoat, which I'd left at the fifth, no, sixth club that night. The air was still warm anyway, there were still a few warm weeks before Autumn.

On my way to lucky number seven, I spied a few people stepping into a very high class looking apartment block. They looked to be of very rich blood, wit, what was that, an actual fur coat? I decided to try crash the party, a welcome change from the regular pub crawl. I got in by walking close behind some annorexic glamor-model with a chihuahua in her purse, doormen probably assumed I was her new boy toy, or some new charity project.

When I got into the apartment, I took a quick look over myself to ensure I wasn't unsightly enough to attract attention. My wastecoat had been ripped when I was literally thrown out of the last bar, and the dirt had washed out the bright purple of my slacks. Still, I could also just say it was meant to look ironic. These people loved irony.

I took another swig of vodka, and started to mingle.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 12:21:37 pm »
I thought I heard a voice from the mirror. I'll admit when I came to my sences, a lot had happened. Eloise's - mmm - family and...

"Richard! I didn't think you'd be coming. How are ya?"