Author Topic: Dark Days: A Zombie RP OOC  (Read 6648 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Dark Days: A Zombie RP OOC
« on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »
Zombie RP time!  We've tried this setting before, In fact I think it was my first attempt at an rp around here.  So what better place to attempt a new RP.  I have a few ideas to change things up a bit, and I'm willing to take suggestions.  So let's get those character bios going and iron out some basic details!

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Dark Days: A Zombie RP OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
Right, okay I'm in.

Character bio in a few... what would you have us include, Ink?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:38 pm »
The basics I guess.  Name, Age, short character description.  It would probably also be a good idea to include weapons/fighting capablilities.

As for the setting, I'm thinking we start a good bit after the zombie outbreak.  Society in shambles, still a decent number of survivors, but dwindling fast.  I also like the idea of an urban setting but one where the focus could move to more rural areas.  I'm thinking something like Memphis.  But that does not mean your character has to be from the South.  People get stranded, people move around for whatever reason.  So don't let that limit you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:53:13 pm by Inkling »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »
Name: Arthur Tuleget

Bio: Arthur Tuleget is kind of a big deal. After all, when you're head of the City Council, people tend to know your name. He's always focused on getting the job done right and has very little time for dilly-dallying. In political circles, he's known as the pineapple. Because dealing with Tuleget is about as pleasant as having a pineapple rammed up your ass. But he doesn't really care about what people say. He does a good job and the people are mostly-happy. Of course, there's always a fringe element but it's nothing he can't manage. If Tuleget were to have a flaw, it would be that he has a lot of trouble letting other people do things. He is a lifelong subscriber to doing things himself whenever he is able.

On the personal front, Tuleget has a wife and two young children. It's mostly a marriage of convenience. His wife actually lives in a separate house and they tend to avoid one another unless the cameras are around. Since Tuleget's wife is a businesswoman of some stature, it's nice to have a husband in politics. So they both take what they need and try their best to keep the kids amused. And it works for them. The kids do well in school and aren't too stressed out by their parents' lifestyles. And every other Saturday Arthur and his wife schedule some time for personal enjoyment. What more could you ask for?

Abilities:
Pistol Proficiency: In order to court the gun-toting constituents, Tuleget spent a few summers taking classes and working on the range. He's no dead eye, but he can hit a target at a fifty yards without much trouble.

That Guy!: Being a big-time city councilman, Tuleget has made sure that people know who he is. Just about everyone has seen his face on the giant billboards that are all over town. And just about everyone has an opinion about him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:10:19 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:29:00 pm »
Name: Augustus "Gus" Harrison

Bio: Gus likes college. College is fun. College has shown Gus what fun actually is. Gus plans to stay in college for a very, very long time. That explains his choice of major, as well as his choice of school. Originally Gus went to college for an engineering degree at one of he Midwest's premier schools. After visiting a friend at the playground of the Midwest, it wasn't long before Gus had transferred to the liberal arts college and was busy making a name for himself as a 'fun guy.'

Gus doesn't have much family. The 'loved ones' he does have don't mean that much to him and explain his slightly reckless behavior over the past couple of years. That and he loves college.

Abilities:
Marksman: Gus is pretty handy with his rifle and can hit non-moving targets from over 250 yards away. Those that move are an entirely different story.

Knowledgeable: Going to college as an exploratory major for over 5 semesters can make you knowledgeable on a variety of topics. Plus, it's an easy schedule that allows for some awesome partying! Besides all that, random bits of information can be more helpful than normally thought, especially when stuck in some sort of sticky situation.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 09:38:56 pm »
I love him... :D

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:42 pm »
Can... Can i be a zombie/zombies?

:D ?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 11:04:56 am »
Name: Marcus Lancet-Coburn

Bio:

The double barreled name isn't, as some people may get the impression, a signifier of high birth for Marcus, rather it was a relic of an ill advised affair between his mother, Elizabeth Lancet, who in 1968 had just moved to New York from England to pursue a career as a journalist, and a charming young police officer, Michael Coburn, who ended up being Marcus' father. The two had already broken up by the time they learned of Elizabeth's pregnancy, but nine months later they were on amicable terms as friends and decided to raise the child together.

Despite the messy beginnings of his life Marcus led a very well off childhood in Brooklyn, remaining the only child of either of his parents and with ample financial support; from the pay his mother received as a successful author and columnist, the pay his father received after promotion to inspector in the NYPD and, when his mother married two years after his birth, the extra salary of his stepfather, the university lecturer.

He was a bright kid who learned a lot from his family and went on to study at NYU for a masters in politics and economics and then, as soon as he was eligible, he joined the training program for the FBI, wanting to follow his father's footsteps into the law enforcement career. He even took the extra training to be a member of SWAT, and served with them for 4 years. However he requested a reassignment to investigative work and was quickly given the opportunity by those who appreciated the exemplary service he'd shown.

Just before the outbreak he'd been sent down south, with a small team of agents under his command, to investigate some "odd occurrences".

Special Skills:

Service With Distinction: Marcus has learned a lot from his time in the Bureau, and not just how to fire guns.

Knowledge of the Crisis: Marcus knows a few things about the causes of this outbreak, he doesn't know everything but he knows quite a lot. He's not just going to go and divulge state secrets on a whim, but given the situation he might be persuaded to talk if somebody asked.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »
Can... Can i be a zombie/zombies?

:D ?

I think I will be the zombies for the first round, but I'm definitely open to someone else taking over the horde later on or even to help with some zombies part way through.  If I do this whole thing I'm going to burn out fast.

Also I need to lay out some ideas I have for this RP and how they differ from our standard RP format.  I'm expecting this to be broken up into arcs, like our other games.  However, these will probably be much shorter, some taking place within just a few hours.  The basic structure in other in many arcs in other RP's was to defeat the Big Bad Guy.  In these, the goal may be to simply survive, to get from point a to point b, etc.  There may be some more standard arcs, we'll just see how things go.

I'm thinking the game will start in a day or two.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:01 pm »
Alrighty.

I will throw up my character bio when I get home from work.

Name - Christopher Leak

Age - 32

Bio -  A middle child, Chris always found he had to more often than not fend for himself. His other two siblings, brothers, tended to keep his parents attention. Not that Chris minded, he found he often got more enjoyment out of losing himself in books, and, when he got older, videogames. His relationships with his family was not bad, though, it was sort of, well, average. Chris often did not care if he was involved and thus there seemed to always be a disconnect, they weren't close, just, average. This especially rang true when he went off to college and found he rarely spoke words to anyone in his family, instead opting to pursue 'friendships' with women. Not that any of those ever turned into much.

When the outbreak happened, he would find himself often chatting with other survivors. The most asked question seemed to be, 'is your family still out there?' Chris would always respond with a solemn 'no.' Truth was, Chris had no clue one way or the other.

Abilities:

Gamer - What? You think this is his first zombie apocalypse?

Book smart - a childhood of reading had to be good for something afterall.

Ladykiller - His indifference always drew in the ladies. His indifference always pushed them away.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:21:04 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 05:48:25 pm »
Lemme in!

Name: Michael Natron

Bio: Michael had quite the average childhood, and it proved pretty boring. To amuse himself, he would write short stories and poetry about zombies. He even organized a game of Humans vs. Zombies in his freshman year of college. He also enjoyed strategy games, including tabletop survival games. For years, he practiced fighting zombie hordes with his rifle-wielding kleptomaniac main character and his glow-in the dark d20. When the outbreak hit his home in Baltimore, he did what he would always do: went upstairs and dropped stuff on them. But now it was real! Suddenly, life for Michael was TOTALLY AWESOME! This, of course, was until he realized that he would soon run out of food. Now, he seeks to make his escape... with a tinkered-with Nerf gun, a lighter, a box of matches, a Super Soaker, a gas can, and some cans of aerosol.

Abilities:

All A Game: Michael acts the same way as he would in his old tabletop survival games, which means he might have better siege tactics when holed up against zombies in a building.

Tinkerer: Michael can modify toy guns to work like the real thing... sort of. It helps that he uses actual bullets. He will also use a Super Soaker to shoot flammable liquids at zombies, then put a lighter or match to it.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 06:26:32 pm »
Count me in.
Name: Travis Kendly

Bio: Ever the oddball mechanic, Travis spent most of his spare time making strange machines and devices. Some of them were submitted to the military...with no success. Once the outbreak struck, Travis found that he -and most of his inventions- had a place in the collapsing society. So clad in makeshift body armor, a hedge trimmer converted into a zombie chopping blade, and a rifle, Travis set out to survive.

Abilities/special traits:

Uh, what is that?: On his left arm, Travis wears a strange apparatus that tips in a gauntlet with the blade of a hedge trimmer attached to a power source mounted on the arm. Be it carving through a door, or a zombie, this strange device finds a place. When not in use, it folds up to allow him full use of both hands.

The Nerdy Type: While he can act as a stand in for MacGuyver, he doesn't have as much stamina as the most people have. How he managed to avoid getting mauled is a mystery to most.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:16:01 am »
Is this still happening?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 09:35:50 am »
Yes!  I'm planning on starting tomorrow, so get ready!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:02:49 pm by Inkling »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:13 pm »
Name:  Ezra Hall

Bio:  Ezra worked for the University for years in Maintenance, fixing whatever was broken in the dorms and classrooms and sometimes even helping with landscaping.  Retirement was so close he could taste it.  He would have taken an early retirement deal if working for the school hadn't gotten him a tuition discount for his son.  As the Outbreak spread across the city and all hell broke loose, Ezra dug in.  Setting up shop in one of the sturdiest brick buildings on campus, he did his best to keep remaining students and anyone else who wandered through the University safe, even giving extra supplies to those foolish enough to try to get home.  Living day to day in the aftermath of a zombie Outbreak isn't easy, but sometimes he thinks it beats unclogging a dorm bathroom drain.

Abilities

Keeper of the Keys:  The contents of Ezra's keychain will grant him access to any building on campus.  It's amazing how much useful stuff there is in an abandoned university.  Food, medical supplies, fuel, and even weapons have all been stockpiled, with a few emergency caches set up in key locations.

I've seen some Things...: Ezra has been around the block a few times.  He's still in good shape for his age and knows how to defend himself, especially from a target as slow moving as a zombie.

Name: DeMarcus Hall

Bio:  DeMarcus was very excited to be one of the first in his family to go to college.  The only problem was that he had no idea what he wanted to study.  Switching majors almost every semester quickly wore on his father's patience.  The cut in tuition he receives was good, but not good enough for him to spend his whole life as a college kid.  But that didn't much matter after the Outbreak.  Surviving a zombie apocalypse doesn't require a college degree.

Abilities

Thirst for Knowledge!:  Marcus' problem in picking a major was that he wanted to learn about everything.  That came in handy once the world fell apart.  Picking up any books that look useful when scavenging the campus for supplies, he has taught himself as much as he can about first aid, survival skills, self defense, and perhaps most importantly...

Bombmaker:  Just before the internet and power went down, Marcus downloaded and printed out as much information on homemade explosives as he could find.  Ezra yelled at him for this, but he figured with all Hell breaking lose, having the FBI looking for him might not be a bad thing.  It's amazing how many explosive substances you can find when your dad has the keys to a whole college.  Any zombies wandering into areas where they aren't welcome had best watch their step.