Author Topic: Final Fantasy  (Read 15723 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 10:09:53 am »
Why does FFX get so much hate?

because haters gon hate?

Other then tactics X is my favorite, but I hate remembering it because it reminds me of X2, which should be shot, burned, urinated on, exercised, and shot in to the sun.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 10:14:54 am »
final fantasy dissidia 012

nuff said

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:57 am »
You raise a good point, Lurk.

Final Fantasy suffers from me-too syndrome. Square tried so hard to top FFVI that they accidentally made a very similar games in respect to characters and story.

Also, I'm a HUGE fan of ATB. So that is probably where we're disagreeing the most. :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:14 am »
Lurk, Pat if I might interject?

Final fantasy is bad because their swords are too big.

Check mate.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 01:56:02 am »
Why does FFX get so much hate?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi96ucB7ZdI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi96ucB7ZdI</a>
>_>

man that game had annoying characters and a ridiculous plot.
it had a good combat system and great music i guess?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 09:12:22 pm »
that laugh scene is often cited as being the thing wrong with FFX, many haters never present any other evidence saying that one cutscene is enough to condemn the entire game,
it had a good combat system and amazing music, the story was so-so, the end was crap, the boss battles were good / challenging for the most part.  Also it has the secret temples / aeons. 
and other than the occasional ridiculously ridiculous cutscenes the characters are all quite likeable.  At least to me.
much better than the characters in 12 / 13

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 02:04:55 am »
well, this guy seems to have it down pretty well

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 10:40:48 am »
I disagree, it's just a video of a guy raging and talking about stupid off topic stuff
totally biased review

watched more of it, and he doesn't know what he's talking about....

he rants about how they hold their breath for blitzball, but it shows them putting things in their mouth before going in the water, and he complains that the ball is a volleyball and shouldn't be able to travel underwater, .. but it's not volleyball, it's blitzball, so they are using a blitzball and not a volleyball, I think the sport volleyball doesn't exist in their world.  I'm guessing the ball is heavy, like a metal ball wrapped in leather, or a heavy rubber ball, which would allow it to travel underwater.

he says rikku has nothing to do with the plot and is only put in the game as a fan service, which is wrong,
he says they invented anti-gravity, but there is no anti gravity in the entire game, so I'm not sure where he got that from.

Wakkas hair is not a cow lick, I don't think this guy knows what a cow lick is.  and he complains about using the blitzball as the worst weapon ever, but as I mentioned before, the ball is most likely heaver than he thinks.

He says Titus is stupid,.. but he was teleported 1000 years in the future, so it's expected for him to not know some words / phrases / religions etc.  things change over time, and 1000 years is a long time.

all in all this was a totally biased opinionated review, it was 20+ min. of this guy whining about how much he hates Tidus.  And not once did he mention my favorite character in the game, Khimari, or their race, the Ronso, which is unique to this FF game,

it's obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about, and is ranting for attention.

(also Celdur, your avatar reminds me of the lead character from FF9, what with the tail and all)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:06:19 am by Clayface »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:29 pm »
Tidus is an idiot, he gets told not to do things, like not say he is from zanarkand, and what does he do, he says he's from zanarkand 5 seconds later

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 03:36:45 pm »
nice how you 'debunk' all the little nitpicks he has in the review
really though, thats only part one, and he just complains about stuff as he progreses through the game
the real thing to look out for is the overall story and how its retarded
since you didnt notice its part one though, here you go:part 2 part 3 finale (its pretty entertaining to watch anyway)

and for the record, i have played ff10, and i enjoyed it as long as it held my attention, though i do agree with everything this guy has to say, so nyeh.
also, this is silly.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 03:47:03 pm »
Celdur, how many times have I told you in IRC that a persons opinion is not a fact and stuff like this is very subjective!

I love the story, many people do, many people also dislike it, one opinion is not stronger then the other, get off your damn high horse.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »

Check mate.

We're playing checkers.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 06:54:28 pm »

Check mate.

We're playing checkers.

Whatever, I'm taking this pot. Full house.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »
Bigmoneybigmoneynowhammy!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 08:13:27 pm »
Celdur, how many times have I told you in IRC that a persons opinion is not a fact and stuff like this is very subjective!

I love the story, many people do, many people also dislike it, one opinion is not stronger then the other, get off your damn high horse.

im sorry man, i just cant resist arguing with clay yknow.
and plot holes are not opinion yo