Games, Games, and More Games > Console Games

Final Fantasy

(1/35) > >>

Clayface:
if there is already a final fantasy topic it's really old and hasn't been posted in in forever,
so this thread is for discussing all things final fantasy
Mainly, I would like to know which Final Fantasy everyone liked the most, and which ones people have played

I've played
4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,11,12,and 13

4,5,and 6 are all good, and it's hard for me to pick a favorite from them, they're all good in their own ways, but overall I think I like 6 best of those 3, and I like 10 best of the 3d ones
i didn't like 7 or 8 or 12 or 13, the rest are all good in some way or another, be it story, game-play, or both

like of 4,5,and 6  the story of 5 was majorly lacking in comparison to 4 and 6, but it had an amazing game-play mechanic that didn't show up again until 10-2, yes most fans consider 10-2 an abomination because A) it was a continuation of sorts from 10, and B) it was an all female cast, also the story sucked, but in 5 and 10-2 every character can be any class, as long as you unlock the classes

the ended of 6 and 10 were stupid, and yet I still chose them as my favorites,

/lurk:
Final Fantasy just can't get a decent combat system together outside of tactics games.

I guess FF12 had a decent thing going where it abandoned turn-basedness altogether, but the graphics were too flashy for the PS2 so you could only have one spell going at a time so it ended up in a ridiculous queue whenever you wanted to cast more than one spell (or cast while the enemy was)

Actually (I'm sure someone will be offended by this) as much as I loved Tactics Advance and A2 I couldn't get in to plain old Tactics. They just don't explain how the stats work or why if you have two monks one of them is only doing half as much damage as the other. Also it doesn't have combat jugglers and therefore is terrible.

Clayface:
I think playing actually good tactical rpg's like shining force ruined FF:tactics for me,

and many of the games had good combat systems,
I enjoyed the battle system in 10, it's very deep
ya it's turn based, but you need to know what everything does and when to use them

Gorman Conall:
My favorite is final fantasy tactics for the PS1, I couldn't get in to tactics advance since they scrapped the awesome JP system, and added the pants on head retarded system of learning skills from equipment.

Outside of the tactics, I really enjoyed final fantasy x, especially the sphere systems for leveling.

/lurk:

--- Quote from: Gorman Conall on July 09, 2011, 06:17:31 am ---My favorite is final fantasy tactics for the PS1, I couldn't get in to tactics advance since they scrapped the awesome JP system, and added the pants on head retarded system of learning skills from equipment.

--- End quote ---

But those adjectives are backwards.

I tried playing FF9, and as much as I enjoyed the setting and style and learning skills from equipment the combat system was so bassackwards that enemies were taking their turns while I was trying to find the item I wanted in the menu or watch the animation for a different attack. That was so stupid I gave up and went back to playing Grandia (which has a brilliant combat system).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version