2 (40%)
The gigantic prokaryotic colonies.
1 (20%)
The flying lynx-gila monster thingies.
1 (20%)
The venomous puppies!
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: [KSM] Help!  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
[KSM] Help!
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:46:37 pm »
So, I've got four ideas, not really fleshed out. Let's take it to the polls, shall we?

I don't even have names for these guys, I just decided: go to TVTropes, throw some stuff together from tropes, and see what happens.

So... what now?

Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: [KSM] Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:48:42 pm »
NO. BAD DOCTOR OCTAGONAPUS.
One of these is enough. We really shouldn't have ANY creatures based on tropes.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »
sadface.jpg
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 03:12:33 am »
I say combine all of them.

The cute yet highly venomous and gigantic sky-dwelling lynx-gila monster-manta-squids.

Each individual would be composed of individual "colonies" working together in unison, kinda like Go-Lion a.k.a. Voltron.

Living on a terrestrial planet with an extremely thick atmosphere, they spend their entire lives in the skies, existing primarily on a diet of balloon plants, sky algae and giant tree-like land anemones. The latter prey item is actually capable of fighting back by swatting them with its huge tentacles. To circumvent this, they hunt in large groups which attack the prey from all directions and using their venom which is very effective at immobilizing the prey.

Once civilization came around, they began to construct mobile homes made out of balloon plants and twine. Whenever they settled on new land, they anchored their homes to the ground using tree trunks and other assorted weights.

Further into the future, they discovered farming and began to construct permanent homes based on the same system as before, but on a larger scale and employing heavier anchorage.

Eventually, inter-group conflicts began to arise, necessitating the creation of an organized system of combat. Thus, martial arts was born.

Despite the somewhat unusual written descriptions of their appearance, they are actually quite cute once you actually see them.

Yeah, that should about do it.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:01 am »
... :D