Author Topic: [KSM] To Switch a Pirate OOC  (Read 15927 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
[KSM] To Switch a Pirate OOC
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:16:30 pm »
This is the official OOC for the Kosmosis: To Switch a Pirate RP. All out of character information and talk should be posted here so that the official RP thread is nice and clean and orderly. This is also the place to find the background information on any of the characters participating in the RP. All those wishing to join should create a character using the following format:

Name:
Race:
Background:

All of these should be pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. This RP should be starting up in a couple of days once we have enough participants.

The Participants

Dantares (Daeluush) played by Raz
Krag (Krin) played by GroxGlitch
Ketser (Seeonsurm) played by Badger Man 22
Navor (Forthi) played by Josasa
Suul (Forthi) played by Josasa
Taca-zotle (Machy) played by Crazen
Zuron (Furon Tze) played by Yuu
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:10:01 pm by Josasa »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: Kosmosis: To Switch a Pirate OOC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:48 pm »
The main thing we ask is that your race have at least some involvement with the Source, in the form of even a very minor number of followers.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:40:46 am »
What about a disgruntled self-exile?

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:54:54 am »
The idea is the Program is all full of followers or Links. Can't let information like this outside the confines of the Source.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:52 pm »
Yeah, we were going for a strictly Source gathering, although they don't have to necessarily be devout. As mentioned, these guys are the best in their respective areas. Basically, it's whatever you want it to be, but these guys are Source members in one way or another.

The secrecy about this mission, and the reason it isn't 'open' to the 'public' is one of the key aspects of the RP.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 05:04:15 am »
I thought being a member of the Source was already a given, seeing as the character is both disgruntled at his own people [and in turn his country and the philosophy it stands for] and self-exiled [which pretty much necessitates breaking up connections with the nation you left].

Though, yeah, for clarification, he doesn't like his own people that much for a currently undisclosed reason, and so abandons them soon after before eventually joining the Source.

Basically, a frustrated convert.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:37:27 am »
Would it be acceptable if my character is not a follower of the Source, but is still attached to the Kill Team? After all, they're robots, and they know what race made them. They don't follow a religion (which is something I should state in their thread, I'll do that right now :D).
So, is that ok? I apologize for it not exactly fitting the rest of the theme.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:28:22 am »
You could always be my partner.   :)

Probably met your character some time between leaving the Furen Tze and joining the Source.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:51 pm »
Would it be acceptable if my character is not a follower of the Source, but is still attached to the Kill Team? After all, they're robots, and they know what race made them. They don't follow a religion (which is something I should state in their thread, I'll do that right now :D).
So, is that ok? I apologize for it not exactly fitting the rest of the theme.

Well, in a way, it's not entirely a religion. You can't pray to the Source and ask it to bring rain to your fields. The Source didn't "make" any races either, it's simply supposed to be the energetic source of everything. It's more akin to a scientific religio-philosophy. I think a machine, perhaps more so than an organic, could understand and perceive the natural energetic flows present throughout the Universe. Do you think your machine could live by a philosophy?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »
Ah, yeah. That works. I'll edit this post with a profile once I finish putting it together in Wordpad.
Name: VWT-02175 "Krag"
Race: Krin
Bio: VWT-02175, or "Krag" as he calls himself, is one of the best Krin liasons to the Source as an organisation. While not a particularly devout follower, he does find enough in it to follow it loosely and obey the more important tenants. When he's called upon for a mission, His strength, longevity, and high intelligence allow him to act as an effective team member or an efficient lone wolf, should the mission require it. His preferred weaponry, a Plasma Claw and Particle Repeater, make him unpleasant to fight, be it up close in melee combat, or from a distance.
(Sorry for no picture, but my scanner is busted and these guys are simply too complex to make in even DoGA. Also, if this Bio is not sufficient, I can add more. I just covered his connection to the Source and his role and ability as part of the Kill Team.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:12:20 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »
The Bio is fine, and no picture is required so don't worry about it. Really, the Bio should just give a background on the character and the reason why they were selected for this group, which you covered perfectly well.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 05:38:30 pm »
Name: "Ketser"
Race: Seeonsurm
Background: Once a devote follower of Surnudmeheusk, Ketser was one of the more open seeonsurm when the first encounters between seeonsurm and other races were starting. On an expedition to learn more about the 'dangerous and bizzare religious cult known only as the Source' Ketser found the reasoning behind the Source to be sound and began to follow the teachings. Being the first seeonsurm to convert, Ketser was shunned by its race and exiled. It studied ways to enhance its combat performance and ways to dispose of those less enlightened in a nonlethal manner. Ketser prefers to use these nonlethal methods as it believes that all beings deserve a chance to enlighten themselves before their eventual, natural, death.

DONE
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:29:48 pm by Badger Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »
Name: Taca-zotle
Species: Machy; The Flock of Ash
Backround: a war priest and prosperous flock lord.

by order of the great one himself, Murder Lord Wrime-tezaclicla , Taca was dispatched to investigate the source. he found it's philosophy, if twisted sufficiently, could be applied to the Flock. his overarching goal (however unlikely) is turn the followers of the source into the fold of the Flock.
     in the meantime, he will support the source and try to set it on the "proper path".
being a Flock lord, he has the command of a industrious colony and a small fleet.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:25:05 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 03:14:57 am »
Name: Dantares, "Kingslayer"
Species: Daeluush
Background: Thief, murderer, pillager, traitor, heretic, pirate, terrorist, freedom fighter, and Knight are all names Dantares has been called, and more. A Daeluush man of one hundred and sixty two years of age, Dantares the Kingslayer has been to hell, ruled it, slaughtered its people, stolen its riches, and come back to the world of the living just to do it to this world as well. Dantares is practically a myth, thought to be massive, with an exoskeleton stronger than steel, muscles large enough to lift a tank, agility enough to dodge a bullet, and a fleet large enough to rival any other.

In truth, and Dantares will never admit it, he was born a mere Worker under Lord Alek, and eventually sorted into the Subcaste of Healers, then to the Profession of Doctor. Standing in at around a mere seventy one centimeters, or two feet and four inches tall, Dantares isn't actually very imposing. But those who know how to heal, also know how to kill, and Dantares managed to become a Knight under Lord Alek, commanding a team of assassins. Countless other Knights and Lords fell by the rifles and knives of Dantare's Reapers. In time, with the assistance of the Reapers, Lord Alek became King Alek, and Dantares' fame began to grow. King Alek's own people listened whenever he spoke, and Alek noticed this.

When Alek ordered Dantares' own Reapers to kill their leader, they turned on their King, and Dantares executed his father with a bullet to the head. Dantares and his Reapers fled the nation immediately afterwards, and disappeared into the shadows. Over the next two decades, Dantares and his Reapers slew four more Kings, twenty seven Lords, and hundreds of Knights, all by command and pay of various other Kings and Lords, earning him the nickname of Kingslayer. Eventually though, he grew tired of the assassination business, and set his eyes on the more lucrative raiding occupation. Using the fortunes the Reapers had amassed, the Kingslayer bought three frigates, outfitted them with illegal armaments, modified almost everything about their systems, and hired the best Daeluush crews money could buy.

He and his newly expanded band of Reapers proceeded to board, pillage, steal, and murder their way to the top of the Daeluush Wanted list over the next five decades. At the height of their power, the Reapers commanded one cruiser (a prototype stolen from the still-living King Renald), seven destroyers, and twenty three frigates. Eventually though, most of the Daeluush Kings allied long enough to declare unilateral war against the Reapers and all pirates, soon fielding a fleet four times the size of the Reapers'. The two fleets met at the Battle of the Kanax Asteroid Belt, a pirate-infested asteroid belt that Dantares intentionally led the Kings' Fleet to.

At Kanax, Dantares experienced the hardest battle of his life, against nearly impossible odds, but his Reapers knew how to fly in the asteroid belt, and Dantares knew the larger ships of the Kings would have trouble maneuvering in the belt, greatly lowering the Kings' advantage. He also convinced many of the local pirates to join his fleet, almost doubling their number, though most of the pirates didn't command particularly good ships. When all was said and done, Dantares' cruiser had been gutted, his destroyers obliterated, and all but two of his frigates totally knocked out of working condition, while most of the pirates had either been killed or routed. Dantares himself had almost been killed in the reactor explosion that had torn his precious Death apart. However, the Kings' fleet had been destroyed in its entirety, by the combination of the Reapers, the pirates, the asteroids, and their own stupidity and naivete.

Dantares' Pyrrhic victory at Kanax convinced him that his pirating days were over. He'd lost too many men, too many ships in the fighting, and killed a huge number of his brethren. It is said among those within the higher echelons of the Source that Dantares looked out from his mangled bridge that day, and onto the wreckage of both fleets, and realized what the true costs of his actions were. Two months later, Dantares was kneeling before the self-proclaimed High King Renes, apologizing for his entire career, and asking for the High King's justice. Before Renes could order Dantares' execution, Resonator Azeles arrived and spoke to Renes, asking to take Dantares into the service of the Source, in order to make amends for his actions. Not one to refuse the Resonator, Renes allowed Dantares to join the Source, and disappear into the flow instead of the shadows.

Dantares' service with the Source has since been far more secret, but it is well known that the Source recognizes the... talents... of all its Links, so to say.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »
Well guys, we're about to get this show on the road. Hopefully everything works out and we can reach a conclusion with this RP. It is still open for people to join, even though we're going to be starting, just find a plausible way to get into the story if you join up late.

First post has been updated with the characters and participants to make things a little easier to find. Hope this works!  :D