Author Topic: [KSM] To Switch a Pirate  (Read 13358 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [KSM] To Switch a Pirate
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 08:59:17 pm »
Somewhere in the Sigma System, Forthi Delegation Outer Colonies

Sadres 'Sigma' Suul stood amidst a massive warehouse, surrounded by both goods and bads. The goods were actual material goods that ranged from food to ammunition. They were the reason he was currently in the warehouse, and really the only reason he wasn't sitting in the captain's seat of his frigate, floating deep in space. The bads, on the other hand, were a group of assorted criminals from various walks of life. Some of these were his own crewmembers, while the others were the warehouse owner and his body guards. Everyone in the room was on the run from the law in some form. But when the size of the warehouse was taken into consideration, along with all of the materials inside of it, it didn't seem like the law was looking especially hard for these specific criminals.

Suul and the warehouse owner, a Cuuth-Guri, stood surrounded by their subordinates. Everyone was lightly armed, as was customary. Indeed, it would have been rather strange, and quite awkward, if someone had shown up to the meeting unarmed. That was the unspoken rule for any Black Market deal, and was actually a simple way of finding out if there were any greenhorn undercover agents in their midst. Needless to say, that mistake didn't happen twice.

The first couple of times that Suul had dealt with the Cuuth-Guri, he had been uneasy. The appearance of this creature was somewhat appalling, but Suul had grown accustomed to the appearance due to frequent transactions. Along with the familiarization came quick deals. The Cuuth-Guri knew what Suul regularly needed and the deal was just getting wrapped up when the Cuuth-Guri spoke up.

"I'm sure you've heard the rumors?"

"I hear a lot of things," Suul said, unwilling to jump forward into the inevitable conversation.

"The rumor that you've got high profile organizations chasing after you. That you pissed someone off, and they're coming out to get you..." Here the Cuuth-Guri trailed off, leaving the statement open for Suul to finish. But Suul didn't oblige the warehouse owner. "So am I going to be losing one of my more important customers?"

"Not if I can help it," Suul absentmindedly brushed some dust off of his jacket. "I may have some people chasing me, but I doubt they'll be able to find me."

"Some people?" the Cuuth-Guri said incredulously, "that is quite an understatement!"

"Well, maybe if you enlighten me, I'll know what I'm dealing with. Better prepared and all of that bull****," Suul was playing dumb, and everyone in the room knew it. Word had spread quickly through the Black Market, as it always did, and anyone that was involved with them knew what was happening, including Suul. Yet, in a way, the Cuuth-Guri had committed a faux pas by mentioning this at all. This allowed Suul to play the idiot and neglect to mention certain things. Besides, the Cuuth-Guri was the one that wanted to talk about, not Suul.

"Namely, the Source. Their converts have been asking around, trying to be quiet about the whole ordeal, but everyone knows that they're looking for you. And because of this sudden interest, any number of bounty hunters and other organizations are jumping in on the chase. They think that they might be able to make some money off you if they get to you first."

"Yeah, but anyone with a brain would realize that the Source doesn't work that way," Suul cut in.

"True. I'm just wondering what all the fuss is about. I know you attacked a ship of theirs, but that happens all the time, even though it's not your style," The Cuuth-Guri paused, trying to add some effect to his statement. "This is more than just a revenge mission. What was on that ship that was so important?"

Suul didn't answer for a moment as he inspected a rather large piece of dirt that had come off of his jacket. He flicked it away after a few moments, and then focused on the warehouse owner.

"That's the million dollar question."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »
Somewhere within the Sigma System

The Trojan dropped out of warp as Dantares watched the technicians working, and looked at the assembled team. Very subtly, one of the technicians nodded slightly, confirming that the other ships had dropped out as well. They would be a good distance behind them, just as stealthy, but always watching, Dantares knew. He calmly stood, "Keep scanning for every ship you can find. As for the team, arm and armor up, we're getting on the dropship in thirty minutes, with planetfall an hour after."

Once everyone was taken care of, and packed into the dropship, Dantares kneeled at the front for a moment, his head down, before he pulled on his helmet, his armor now devoid of all the metal trinkets from earlier. It seemed not to change on the outside, still as solid black as ever, but within, Dantares saw his vision change multiple times as the in-suit computer checked every function to make sure everything was working properly. A moment later, Dantares saw normally again. He opened his suited hand, which displayed a fairly large holograph between the seated occupants of the planet, which quickly zoomed in to show a fairly large collection of buildings, "This is the primary colony on this backwater world. We have reason to believe Suul is likely somewhere here, probably getting ready to leave."

As he spoke, various buildings were highlighted, speckled throughout the city, "These are considered key areas, one of which is the starport. The dropship will keep an eye on that, but the others are the ones we're going to inspect. Most of them are black markets or dens or anyplace where supplies might be stored. Truly, there are too many to go after as one team, so we've got the others here," he motioned to the at least two dozen other Daeluush, far larger than him and armored in similar but lower tech versions of his suit, colored in urban camouflage, "They will our eyes in many areas. Five of them are snipers, who will distributed throughout the city in a star pattern, to watch over us. The rest will be searching buildings just as we do, and asking questions of the owners. We, however, are going to hit the primary market and distribution area. Remember Suul's face, especially the scar. Shoot only if you've got clear confirmation it's Suul, and make sure you don't kill him, or someone starts shooting at us."

Dantares turned off the holograph and closed his hand, still kneeling, "If, somehow, Suul manages to turn a significant number of people against us, and things look grim, take to the roofs. The dropship will come for you. The same thing applies if we lose contact somehow. Our goal is to capture Suul, but if he's here and untouchable, then we're going back to orbit and waiting for him to try to leave." The dropship began to shake violently, as the pilot called out, "Planetfall in five!"

Soon, the shaking stopped, and Dantares got up and went to the back. He punched a button and the rear door descended. Over the next few minutes, Dantares ordered the various teams of Daeluush off the dropship, diving off the ship to perform high altitude jumps that would end with boosters slowing them down until they finally landed. Then finally, it came time for the team to jump as well, strapping on whatever method of descent they preferred instead of the boosters that Dantares and the Daeluush used, "If any of you have never performed a jump before, just try to land safely, somewhere. We'll link up afterwards if we lose you." After that, Dantares ran out first, followed by the others. They were supposed to be aiming for the fairly large roof of a building near the starport and black market. Dantares landed and rolled a few meters before coming to a stop and throwing off the heavy and clunky boosters.

He knelt and looked up to watch the others coming down as he checked to make sure all his weapons where there; the two combat knives stored in the sides of his suit's shins, the tactical and explosive grenades held in a removable belt around his armor, the large rifle slung over his back, the much smaller carbine for close quarters combat slung over the rifle, ammo for both stored around his waist and within another removable belt beneath the grenade belt, and finally, the pistols attached to his armor's thighs.

As the others touched down, Dantares pulled the rifle off his back and looked through the adjusting electronic telescopic scope, which, combined with his suit's built-in telescopic sights and other sensors, allowed Dantares to carefully inspect the market. He did this as he quietly hoped the team landed properly on the roofs, but it wasn't unheard of for a sudden gust of wind to knock someone off course.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »
Krag hit the ground hard and rolled a few feet before stopping against a retaining wall. When he jumped one of his impact chutes failed to deploy. While the gravity-hampering field from the one slowed the impact to survivable levels, he came down on his left shoulder hard.
"Agh.....ouch." He stood and checked his shoulder. Damage was pretty bad, the entire shell and support was broken apart and the servo was cracked badly. While the regenerative metal that comprised his body would heal this up in about an hour, it was still a bad position to be in, considering the operation in question. He realized that he was, as he feared, quite off course.
While Krin Impact Chutes were an effective drop device, they were, due to their method of function, highly susceptible to being thrown off course by wind. Not only that, if one of the pair failed, while the individual would survive the drop, they would be injured without a doubt.
"This is Krag reporting in. I was blown off course and, on top of that, one of my damned Impact Chutes failed. My left arm's pretty busted up, but I'm otherwise no worse for wear. I'm on-route to the designated drop zone, over." He said into the secure communications channel set a side for the operation. He got his bearings for a moment, using his onboard system to get a GPS fix on his location. He was, luckily, close enough to make it on foot within the hour.
He walked into town holding his arm. While most people paid no attention to him, too wrapped up in their own business to care, Krag couldn't help but notice one particular figure that eyed him from a distance. While he walked towards the drop zone, he rounded several corners, but still the figure in question kept following him. At one point, he had to cross a narrow alley to get to where he needed to go. Fearing a confrontation, he powered up his Plasma Claw. With his left arm the way it was, he'd be lucky even to be able to swing at all, but if it was just some lowly robber, it might scare him off. As he walked, he turned around. There the figure was. A single, piercing violet eye shone from a cloaked figure with a strangely familiar profile. Before Krag could even say anything, the figure lept upon him. The figure pinned him to the ground. The hood was blown back, revealing the head and upper neck of a Krin.
"Hrumph..." The Krin took in Krag a moment, before slamming a fisted hand into Krag's left shoulder. A bolt of pain raced through the machine as the figure lept off trying to make an escape. Not one to go down quietly, Krag rolled onto his stomach, the pain already present in his arm overriding any that came from rolling. He let loose a storm of particle bolts, one clipping the back chest of the assailant Krin. Nonetheless, the Krin lept it's way up onto a few roofs and out of site. Krag stood again, his shoulder freshly re-damaged.
"Damnit!" He hissed in agony, kicking an adjacent dumpster. He walked the last few blocks to the drop point, where the rest of the team was already assembled.
"Sorry I'm late," He said, leaning against a wall, holding his shoulder. "Got ambushed by one of my own kind. When I find that little prick there's a face full of particle shots with his name on them..." He winced. While his claw arm was pretty much out for now, his gun arm was still perfectly fine, barring a few superficial scratches that would repair themselves quickly.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:37 pm »
(I feel the need to pad my posts with meaningless details now to make it look bigger)

Taca never landed. he detached from his gear a hundred meters from landfall and launched himself free into the air. it was good to be outside: priests didn't have as much opportunity for open air as soldiers and the rabble. he zoomed in on his fellows before perching on a nearby post.

"I will not investigate. The Flock of Ash is not friendly here. I will keep to the skies, for quick response* should there be complications.

*140 MPH
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:28 am »
"Ambushed?", Zuron asked Krag in a somewhat enthusiastic yet clearly serious tone. "Did the attacker happen to take a whiff of your general direction?", he continued, this time just loud enough for both of them to hear.

Zuron left the assembled agents and approached Krag halfway, the eyes on his arms stealthily glancing in all directions. The Furen wore a shock-resistant helmet in front of a relatively thin yet mobile vest, a full set of light protective pads covered all of his limbs. His eyes were protected by hard bullet-resistant visors capable of shrugging off debris and smaller shrapnel, as well providing basic sensors for redundancy with his own personal senses.

As Zuron asked Krag, his lower hands began to feel for the trio of spreadshots strapped onto his chest while his three upper arms did the same with the lone canister launcher and pair of long range rifles slung over his back. A pair of traditional crossbows, including a generous amount of bolts, also hung from his back while spare ammunition were strapped all over protected parts of his body. Zuron was also prepared to pull them out if he sees the need for them.

He continued to glance cautiously at the surroundings, primarily at the rooftops as he waited for Krag's reply.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 08:18:15 am »
"No," He said. "I took the long route, cutting along streets and turning several blocks away from my direction to throw him off. Thankfully I have an on-board GPS system. Unfortunately, the Krin that attacked me could have one too, so that may not have made a bit of difference. I let off a burst at him as he tried to escape. I was low and two the right, but put one shot in the back side of his right chest. He re-broke my left arm, so that'll need about another hour before it's back to full operation, but I should have at least limited movement within 15 minutes."
He looked across the rooftops. He didn't see him, but he was still worried.
"You guys know that if he was one of Suul's lackies, he very well be waiting for us, or at least have people out looking out for intruders like us. If he reports to Suul, we could loose the whole operation..." He said, stating the obvious. He ran a GPS-based sensor scan, looking for the assailant Krin. To Krag's pleasure, the scan found the assailant looking at them from a far window.
"Gotcha..." He said quietly, Zuron being the only one close enough to hear. He spun up the barrels on his Repeater and turned around, opening fire on a far window. The distinct shell of a Krin fell out. Krag sprinted over. The Krin was groaning, his sniper rifle landing next to him when he fell out. His chest was riddled with holes, courtesy of Krag's Repeater. He was groaning. Krag put his repeater in his back harness for it and grabbed the disabled Krin by the neck with his good arm.
"You're going to tell me right now who you're working for, or I swear I'll end you right here, right now." Krag growled, his severely sore arm not helping his mood.
"Never!" The Krin responded. "I only answer the Master!" It was as if a ton of bricks hit him. He recognized the latter phrase. He dropped the Krin back onto the ground and rolled him over. Sure enough, on the back of the head, was a little cylindrical device. Krag stood upright, pulling it off.
"DAMNIT!" He yelled, throwing the device on the ground and smashing it to pieces beneath his foot. The Krin on the ground rolled over onto his back.
"Oooh....what happened..." It looked down at his chest. "And why am I all shot up!?!" He said, looking up at Krag.
"A Control Unit. That's what happened." Krag looked down and shook his head. "I thought every last one of these damned things had been destroyed."
"A Control Unit? That explains alot. I was walking along the street, and the next thing I know, I'm here, on the ground and full of holes. Please tell me I didn't hurt anyone?" Said the Krin on the ground.
"Well, let's see, you busted up my left arm, and were about to blow someone's head off, so yeah, I think it qualifies." Krag said somewhat sarcastically.
"I'm going to find whoever did this to me and..." The Krin didn't finish his sentence, more focused on standing up.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 09:28:02 am »
"Great shot, Krag.", Zuron thanked him as he continued to scan the rooftops, most of the team probably doing the latter as well. "Though I'm not exactly certain how much longer we can stay here after that little incident...", he added, his grip on his weapons tightened even more, feet ready to bolt at a moment's notice.

"Sir?", Zuron turned to Dantares, waiting for his order.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »
Not too far away from the Source team, were Suul and his group of bodyguards. They were quick to notice the commotion as the sounds of it wafted through the air. Even those this planet was generally known for it's underground criminal activities and other nefarious organizations, it was orderly and normally lacking in the sounds of combat. So it was kind of hard to miss the fact that something was going on several blocks over.

In a much more quiet manner, one of the Source spies, placed around areas that Suul was known to visit, stood watching the infamous pirate's group from the shadows of an alleyway. It had taken him several seconds, but after that time the spy was sure that the person in question was Suul. The sound of a quiet chirp from his facial recognition scanner confirmed that the Source's target had been located.

Within several seconds, a message was being beamed up to the orbiting satellites and being relayed to the Source ships that sat further out into space. It was a simple message that confirmed the identification of Suul and his general location in relation to the team. Navor was standing on the bridge of the ship, choosing to watch the operation from the vantage point that the Trojan provided him.

He too, was quick to respond, and didn't hesitate to transfer the information from the ship to the team members that had landed planetside.

"Heads up guys. Suul and his group have been positively identified and is close to your position. Exact coordinates are being sent to you now. Be wary, these guys are heavily armed and probably know you're coming."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 01:43:05 pm »
Dantares saw the coordinates on his HUD, quickly noticing that the man had most likely heard the shots, "Create a converging circle around his position, jump along the roofs preferably." He slung his rifle over his back, "And for the Source's sake, don't shoot without authorization, we don't want to give ourselves away." He sprinted, moving even faster along the roof with the assistance of his suit than he normally would have. He leaped across the road, "Follow me Taca! Don't fly too high!"

As he said 'high,' Dantares crashed down a few stories, landed on the lower roof across the road, fell through the roof, rolled, and started running past stunned occupants. One fool started to get in his way, beginning to raise a pistol, but Dantares brought his forearm around, likely breaking the creature's arm, then spun around it and kept running before bursting through a window.

He landed on another slightly lower roof, but kept making his way to Suul, "Sniper teams, get in position. I want as many eyes on his as possible. Ideally you will all fire in unison, and remove the bodyguards," Dantares leaped a small gap, and then another road, "Everyone else, keep converging, keep your eyes open, do not let him pass you!"

Dantares could see other armored Daeluush moving across the rooftops, doing their best to maintain a secure circle in an urban environment. Unfortunately, many of the Daeluush would be spread across it, "Everyone too far from Suul, get to the roofs, call for pick up. The dropship will come for you, then make its way to us." Dantares leaped one final road, rolled, slung his rifle out, and laid prone against the roof. He scanned the area, his HUD showing his soldiers coming near, and at least one sniper with a good view of the area, "Hold, identify him. Do not fire until my mark." He looked through his scope, trying to identify Suul, while quietly hoping the other team members had kept up.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »
Suul and his cronies were not the only ones to notice the commotion that the Source agents had wrought on the planet. A number of various criminal organizations had headquarters or outposts on this planet, and with them an associated guard to protect their holdings. It wasn't long for these forces to come into play, or for them to realize who or what was causing the commotion.

Word spread like wildfire, and although it had probably been less than a minute, several of these guards had gotten to the rooftops to act as snipers. They were quite surprised to see several heavily armed Daeluush soldiers, but they were quick to respond. Before the Source agents even had a chance to recognize the threat, a hail of fire was focused on the individuals.

Suul, on the other hand, was leading his crew through the streets at a sprint towards their nearest evacuation point. Weapons had appeared on all of their bodies from various hiding spots that had been very close to the warehouse. Now they were very much like a light scout force: mobile yet carrying some heavy firepower to take out anything that got in their way.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 06:29:04 pm »
Taca tried to follow orders. he stuck near Danteres while he ran. he even ignored the gunfire overhead. Then he spotted the thugs.
" Dantares, I think our location is already... compromised, as you would say"

What followed was a textbook case of why Machy where not often employed for activities of discretion.

he killed one of them on impact: the force snapped it's spine. it's partner guard swung it's gun around, but not before Taca began to to systematical eviscerate him with his shivs. the sounds almost worse than the sight.

"Skulking grimeling cowards" he thought, thinking of both his teamates and his prey, while he removed their stomachs "not even enough spirit to join my attack""
his grizzly display attracted a large amount of attention. he took off before the shots impacted. he landed on a windowframe, drawing his fletchet. he fired twice.

the result was not only that a rooftop was now clear of guards, but almost completely melted to slag.

Taca took of again, smashing hostiles and passerby alike.

he almost made it to the third rooftop before being brought down in a hail of gunfire.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2011, 09:59:49 pm »
Zuron hopped from roof to roof keeping as low a profile as possible. He drew the weapons on his chests and raised them in all directions, though he refrained from pulling the trigger until absolutely necessary or Dantares gave his signal, whichever came first.

He landed on another rooftop, a gun standing watch about to turn towards him, rifle in hand. A single swipe to the leg came from one of Zuron's free arms, followed by a quick shove with another. The latter failed to connect, but only on purpose, a sudden gravitational presence pulled the thug from the rooftops shortly thereafter.

A sudden stream of automatic gunfire welcomed Zuron before he could leap again. The rounds suddenly lost speed as they approached the Furen, allowing him to dodge most of the deadly hail as his armor caught the rest. He promptly went low, diving into an open window and running through a set of rooms, bursting through another window and straight down an alleyway.

Nearing an open street, Zuron launch himself against a wall and anchored himself using sufficient gravitic force. He sprinted along the wall as he scanned the path ahead. He sprang from the dark backstreet and onto the side of a building which he hastily scaled to the top.

"I appear to have visual a on the target.", Zuron called in to the rest as he spotted a heavily armed group racing through the streets. "Confirming...", he added as his sights quickly narrowed onto each of the Forthi gunmen.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
Dantares could see the battle now apparently starting to rage on the map of his HUD, almost all of his soldiers now declaring they were being fired upon, That damn machine. Blew our cover almost immediately. Well, hell, might as well turn that into an advantage. He quickly switched his comms to speak only to the Trojan, and Navor, "Open the broadsides, activate the guns. Fire to disable any ship that Suul approaches, or that tries to leave the city. Suul isn't getting out of here."

The technicians went to work immediately, the port gun bays opening to space. Three computer-aimed magnetically-accelerated-rod rifles slid out, and began to take aim at the city, their controllers watching carefully for any targets to designate and decimate with the rifles. They weren't the size or design to create what the Daeluush termed "kinetic explosions" as a specialized orbital bombardment weapon would, but they could easily rip a small ship in half, especially with the planet's gravity increasing their velocity.

Planetside, Dantares saw the group approaching an intersection, his HUD showing that two other snipers would have clear lines of sight on the area, "When Suul's group approaches the intersection, fire at will. Kill every guard you see, but do not touch Suul. Everyone else, return fire on anyone shooting at you. Disregard them if the dropship comes for you, getting on it is the first priority. We need those men over here ASAP." His voice was incredibly calm, his finger sliding towards the trigger. Dantares' sights were on Suul specifically, I wonder how well a Forthi can stop bleeding. The suit and rifle together were already automatically accounting for wind, gravity, drag, time to target, even his own breathing, leaving Dantares to aim the sight at the Forthi's knee. Dantares had no doubt that the round would probably blow off Suul's lower leg, making his escape that much harder, as he, the other snipers, and Zuron opened fire.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 12:52:44 am »
Two..., Zuron mentally counted his kills while laying sniper fire on Suul's escorts. Three..., another of Suul's men dropped dead on the streets as a solid slug of accelerated metal punched through his head and dug itself into the wall. Confirming the kill, he swiftly moved his sights to his next target.

Fou-, Zuron locked on to another bodyguard and was ready to open fire, but before he could pull the trigger, a lone round flew past his upper arms, barely missing his eyes. Zuron dropped to the floor as he evaded another close shot.

"Counter-sniper.", he alerted the others as he raised his rifles again and scanned the rooftops for the enemy. Multiple figures stood out from the bland artificial roofscape. Eliminating the unlikely ones, Zuron centered his attention on those armed with rifles, analyzing each one's approximate model and stance to confirm his mark. Moving his twin rifles at the counter-snipe, he locked onto different, yet equally lethal locations in the body before finally squeezing the trigger.

Checkmate

"Counter-sniper neutralized.", Zuron turned his attention back on Suul's escorts, but before he could get his weapons into position, another pair of bullets zipped past him, this time from wildly different angles.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 01:02:34 am »
Suul and his crew were running down one of the main streets, making good time and encountering very little resistance. Which was strange, because the pirate was almost sure that the commotion was caused by people looking for him.

But if they're looking for me, why haven't they fou- Suul's thought was interrupted as he missed the next step that he was taking. The pavement was rushing up to meet his face before he even realized it, which was strange because he was almost sure that he had taken the next step. After smashing into the street, Suul realized that he had lost the entire bottom half of his left leg which was bleeding profusely. That's when the pain hit him. It overwhelmed all of his thoughts and seized control of his body as his lungs emptied in an incoherent scream.

The next few moments seemed to stretch on forever, but in reality it only lasted several seconds. Within that span of time, Suul managed to regain some control of his brain, or at least enough to gather his surroundings. Right next to him was one of his guards who had taken a bullet through the head. Everyone else was on the ground, either because they had been shot or because they had realized that snipers had them in their sights. Fortunately this actually worked in their favor as it hid them from the view of both Dantares and Zuron. Unfortunately they were still in view of the other two snipers from the Source team, who proceeded to fire on the remaining crew members. For the moment, Suul was untouched, which he was quick to take advantage of.

His leg was still screaming at him, but he brushed that thought aside as his deep concentration took over. The dead crew member next to him had been carrying the heavy weapon of the team, a High Energy Laser. It was loaded and primed to fire off, which Suul was quick to realize. He dragged himself over to the weapon and grabbed a hold on it, bringing it around to bear on the position of the snipers. There were only three shots per battery, so he would have to make each one count if he was going to survive this ordeal.

Suul opened up the aiming mechanism, pointed the HEL in the direction of the first sniper, and pulled the trigger. Fortunately for Suul, the sniper was too busy picking off the remaining crew members that he didn't realize that someone was able to return fire. The HEL screeched as a large beam of blue light stretched across the distance and completely obliterated the Source sniper and everything around him. Suul attempted to grin at this small success, but this quickly turned into a grimace as his leg reminded him that it's bottom half was missing.

Suul swung the weapon towards the position of the second sniper. This time, the Source sniper was aware that someone was returning fire. It was kinda hard to miss a giant beam of light flashing through the sky and melting a comrade. Suul pulled the trigger too soon and the shot smashed into the building several stories below where the sniper was positioned.

The sniper ducked behind cover and disappeared from Suul's view, moving to a new position. However, Suul, based on some instinct, managed to follow the track of the Source sniper. Just as the sniper was peeking up from his new sniping position, his head, and subsequently his upper body, disappeared as the third and final shot from the HEL hit its target.

Suul's crew moved quickly once they realized that the threat had been neutralized. Suul had dropped the HEL and pulled out his service pistol as the energy was quickly draining from his body. Ugal, a large Monan, moved his assault rifle to his left hand and used his right to scoop Suul over his shoulder. With that, the team moved into the alleyways to cover the last bit of their journey. This would provide better protection from the snipers than the open road had.