Poll

Which organism should evolve?

A
B
C
D
E

Author Topic: Flisch's race for Kosmosis is... *drumroll*  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Flisch's race for Kosmosis is... *drumroll*
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:44:11 pm »
Not created yet. :3

But it will. I thought that instead of just creating some creature off the top of my head, I'd go the evolutionary route and let the creature evolve itself. Well, more or less. You'll help define how it will evolve, based on a few parameters. It works like this: Every "generation" I will present five possible evolutions for the current organism we are evolving and you choose one of them. Next turn I'll present five new possible evolutions for that creature, until we reach sapience and I can make it into an actual space-faring species, complete with biological backstory. Let's see how many years decades that'll take.

But onto the first generation:

The earliest multicellular organisms are of course very simple. Here are short descriptions for each of them:

A) This creature is built like a wheel and very slowly moves across the seafloor by rotating its own body. The feet sticking out along the creature's circumference are actually mouthes that consume the bacterial mats that cover the seafloor.

B) This creature feeds on the bacterial mats by gliding over them on a muscular foot. Digestion enzymes dissolve the bacteria and are absorbed through the animal's belly.

C) This animal scraps off the bacteria from the seafloor with its little tentacles at the front ringing the horizontally closing mouth. The four purple patches on its back are its respiratory organs.

D) The tentacles of this animal are actually porous like a sponge and filter tiny microorganisms out of the water. They usually gather around other animals that feed on bacterial mats as those scrape off bacteria from the seafloor.

E) This animal is a semistationary organism. It builds a "knot" in the middle and grows multiple heads, which crawl around on their own feeding off the bacterial mats around it. Once the bacteria have been depleted, the heads break off and grow into knots themselves. The knot dies and is consumed by bacteria. Due to the self-preserving nature of this relationship, a colony of this organism can quickly evolve into a whole forest covering the seafloor.

Choose wisely!

Also stop comparing this to Spore the Game. They're nothing alike, except they are based on the idea of evolution. So cut it out. :I

There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Flisch's race for Kosmosis is... *drumroll*
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 06:31:21 pm »
D. It kinda seems like the least interesting, but the one with the most interesting possibilities.

Those are just my thoughts.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:04 am »
Would've been fun to have a wheel creature.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 03:59:16 pm »
I like E. It looks cool.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:08:15 pm »
C because it's mouth kinda looks like a butt.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:46 am »
How many votes before you update?

And I'm not in on Kosmosis this round, and you can of course do what you want with your thread, but I thought the point of Kosmosis was to RP with your race.  By starting with tiny invertebrates, it seems like you're handicapping yourself.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:23:26 am »
Ehh, after thinking about this, I don't think it was such a grand idea. So much effort for so little pay-off.

Expect my creature thread in a few days. >_>
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 03:41:40 pm »
Awww, but I wanted C.

I WANTED TO BE CTHULU DARNIT
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 07:09:03 am »
This looks great! I'll check back in a year for the next update!
@davidramnero

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 07:36:01 am »
The more I hang around in the internet, the more I am convinced that the government puts something in the water that makes people not read other people's posts.

gec05

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:59:40 am »
So when are you going to update this Flisch? C'mon, you're taking forever, it's been almost a week.