Author Topic: [KSM] The Forthi  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
[KSM] The Forthi
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:29:20 pm »
The Forthi

Picture courtesy of nuclearchinchila

Picture courtesy of a14gt

I've decided to bring the Forthi back for Kosmosis, for several reasons. The first is that they were my first and favorite creature. The second is that I've done the most RPing with them, and I feel like I've got a better feel for them than all of my other creatures combined. Rather than going through the actions of trying to think up a new creature, I want to bring this one back and continue to have adventures with them. For me, the creature develops through the RPs that they participate in, and that's why I've decided to do this.

Physiology
The Forthi stand between 125 and 150 cm tall on average, and usually weigh around 50 kg. For all intents and purposes, these little creatures are basically humans, in aquatic form. They are bipedal, with two arms and two legs. They have two eyes that sit on the upper part of their head, whereas their scent organ is located on their upper back. A hearing organ sits atop their head, allowing them to 'listen' to things without having to come fully out of the water. Because of this, Forthi have an amazing sense of hearing, which serves as both a blessing and a curse. They can easily tell when someone or something is sneaking up on them, but are very sensitive to loud noises.

Forthi hands consist of three fingers that are all equidistant from each other. In a sense, these are all opposable thumbs that give the Forthi a rather strong grip. Their feet are really retractable fins that allow them to easily navigate both land and water environments. When on land, the fins are retracted and the Forthi walk around on what appear to be feet. When in the water, the fins deploy and allow them to easily move around underwater.

Three spikes jut from the back of the male Forthi. These are vestigial, in that they were formerly fins that helped the Forthi move around in the water. Since then, they have developed into spikes that are a good indication of how old a Forthi is. The only major use these spikes serve are to attract mates and scare off predators. The Forthi are able to move the spikes around almost like an arm. They can be used to make the Forthi appear larger than they actually are.

Reproduction
There are two sexes within the Forthi race, male and female. Both are required in order to have children. When pregnant, the female's sac, located on the upper back, becomes larger and more noticeable from the outside. After a period of roughly three months, the young eggs are birthed into the sac where they continue to grow for another two to three months. During this time the mother is able to remove the babies from her sac for short periods of time. After this time, the young Forthi are removed from the sac, although they will still be reliant on their mother for the next two to three years.

Forthi young are normally born in litters of three to five young. This is not only hectic for a young married couple, but can be made all the worse when sibling rivalries arise, since they are all roughly the same age. At the same time, because all of these young are birthed at the same time, they naturally form strong familial bonds that are very, very hard to break. In general, this passes on to the entire Forthi race. Compared to other races in the galaxy, the Forthi are strong and mostly united. There is a strong bond between all Forthi, even though the Forthi may be complete strangers with each other.

More to come!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:27:34 pm by Josasa »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Kosmosis: The Forthi
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:14:57 am »
Nice to see the Forthi are making a comeback!   :)

Kinda ironic that the Forthi now have a higher chance of making, and leading, a spiritual successor to the previous universe's Union.   ;) 8)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:58:43 am »
I remember these guys. I also drew some fanart of these, though I never posted it. >_>
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:58 am »
OMG these guys are freaking EPIC! I need something to replace that dated pic of mine though. I miss these dudes!
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:26:59 am »
I remember these guys. I also drew some fanart of these, though I never posted it. >_>

Post eet! ^^

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 07:01:51 pm »
Nice to see the Forthi are making a comeback!   :)
Kinda ironic that the Forthi now have a higher chance of making, and leading, a spiritual successor to the previous universe's Union.   ;) 8)

:D That could always happen! I did enjoy the politics and such involved before, during and after the creation of that Union. It was good fun.

I feel honored that you would even consider to think of these guys, much less draw a picture of them. I know they got a lot of hate because they are basically humans colored blue...

OMG these guys are freaking EPIC! I need something to replace that dated pic of mine though. I miss these dudes!

I always did like your posts in the old thread, as well as the fanart! You were easily their number one fan.

At some point I need to actually draw these guys myself, even though it would be a disservice to them.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:38:12 pm »
(Double post because I can  :P)

Forthi Delegation - The Forthi Way Of Government
The Forthi had several different forms of government over their long history. There were example of despotism, theocracies, monarchies, republics, democracies, fascist states, oligarchies, etc. You name it, they probably had it. Their first form of government as a space-faring/colonizing species was a confederation. This eventually deteriorated amidst a system-wide war, but that's a story from the history books. Eventually, the Forthi settled on the form that they use to this very day.

Imperialite - The Head of State
The Imperialite position is basically the same as that of an Emperor or a King. In actual terms, they hold complete control of the state, but only to a degree. While this may sound like a paradox it is how things are run. The Imperialite is a hereditary position, once again showing a connection to the titles of Emperor and King.

Compared to many other races, the Forthi and their culture have influenced this position so that it is nearly impossible to get a corrupt or dictatorial leader. From birth, the heir to the throne is submerged in a world of culture and knowledge. Their earliest memories are filled with the ideas of duty to the people, as they are the basis for the Imperialite's power. Effectively, the Imperialites are almost guaranteed enlightened rulers.

This stems from several different factors. The first is they are subject to intense training from the best the Forthi have to offer. The most intelligent people are brought through to tutor the heir. But this can only go so far. Alongside their studies is the longstanding tradition of the Imperialite line. The heirs have many different enlightened rulers to look back on and live up to. Their ancestors ruled in a manner, and they have much to be compared to. The final factor is the respect of the people. Almost every Forthi looks up to and respects the Imperialite because they are seen as the figurehead of the Forthi Delegation and are generally kindhearted rulers. All in all, it is a positive feedback cycle that ensures its success in the years to come.

Technocracy - The Representation of the People
The general idea of technocracy is that people experienced in a specific field are chosen to make laws and watch over that specific field for the government, rather than having politicians managing everything. This form of government definitely favors those that are more intelligent, as the right to vote requires a diploma from a College or University in a specific field. In this way, the people elect councils of those most qualified for the job.

The Connection
From here, the Imperialite then chooses a head for each council. It is then up to the Imperialite on the length of their term, and how effective they are doing their job. In this way, there is a sort of balance that manages the Forthi Delegation.

((I'll probably edit this later))